Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 25, 2014
I was very excited for my son to start kindergarten at this school and I have been so disappointed. They are understaffed and have way too many children per teacher. My son barely gets homework, and the teacher constantly forgets to send forms home, and inform the parents about early dismissals and days off. My son has come home missing clothing and with bruises from fights but the teacher never mentions it or has any idea about what happened. When picking my son up from school they have lost him 3 times, and I have had family pick him up and they just walked right out with him, no one checked ID or even knew he was gone and who with. I have actually moved to get my son out of this school, it is just unacceptable.

Posted April 17, 2014
I can't wait for the school year to be over! The principal constantly sends letters home informing the parents that the children are disrespectful , and out of control. The teachers call student a-----I don't know one parent who tells their child "go to school and be as bad as you you can be today". Since school culture starts at the top, an assessment of the on.going issues should be addressed by "outsiders" .instead the blame game goes on and on. This school has not made "Grade" on the PSSA tests for three years! Who is to accept responsibility for this? The children or the teachers and principal? Awful experience for the children and parents. What's frustrating is the lack of alternatives for this neighborhood. And they trash charter schools! Parents are not allowed to participate, rather they are "talked to".

Posted March 10, 2011
My third grade daughter is constantly assaulted & battered at this school. there has been three incidents with the last battery having taken place in the school yard where my daughter was pushed down to the ground and kicked repeatedly by four (4) little boys. Very unsafe.

Pennypacker Samuel School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
There isn't anything the staff/teachers/principal wouldn't do to help the children reach their highest level of excellence.

Pennypacker Samuel School 5

Posted February 06, 2010

Pennypacker Samuel School 2

Posted April 07, 2008

Pennypacker Samuel School 3

Posted May 20, 2006
We enrolled our granddaughter for k.Everyone in the office was nice. They sent us a letter to come to an open house for the grade .The school itself was looking for parent involvment.

Pennypacker Samuel School
1858 East Washington Ln, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified Pennypacker Samuel School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennypacker Samuel School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top