Posted October 15, 2012
This school is amazing! Im a 10th grade visual artist and never want to leave. The teachers are so nice and really care about the students. CAPA isnt just strong in the arts they reinforce the education also. I never thought i would understand high school math but i do and my teacher knows how to help me understand the topics. If your doubting sending your child here, dont. They will be welcomed as a new member of the CAPA family.

Posted June 20, 2011
It's the end of junior year and now my son is a senior. The school has helped him be more outgoing,not as shy. 12th grade will be his best year with all that CAPA has to offer. Great kids,great staff.

Posted June 19, 2011
My son, who attended a private school for elementary and Masterman for junior high, just completed his freshman year at CAPA, and we couldn't be happier. Unlike Masterman, where teaching is uneven and the environment is rather factory-like, the teachers were consistently top-notch and the principal is deeply involved, as is his administration. My son's skills as a reader and writer easily improved 100%, and he was regarded as a strong writer at Masterman. The school is diverse, welcoming, and engaging, and small enough that everyone knows your name, not just the students--the parents!

Posted October 09, 2010
CAPA provides a nurturing environment for all students.

Creative And Performing Arts 4

Posted June 22, 2010
Gorgeous physical plant, tolerant, supportive environment for your budding artist.. Great parental involvement. Zero or near zero (serious) discipline incidents. Academics above-average for PHL public schools but lag behind the rigor of area private schools. All teachers and administrators we've interacted with have been engaged, helpful and courteous. If your kid is headed for the arts, this is THE one school in the city to go to. If more traditionally academic focused, look elsewhere. One star off for good but not great academics.

Posted November 25, 2009
I love this school =) I am now a senior currently at capa and it is a great experience. It is not like the other schools. You can send your child here and not have to worry about bullying or anything like that! I cant wait to graduate.... But I would do anything to be here at least one more year! =)

Posted October 04, 2009
This is one terriffic school. Even though there is a lot of focus on the Arts portion of education, there is also a major focus on academics, which I love. my daughter is doing really well here and I am proud of her, the teachers and the students she attends classes with.

Posted September 17, 2009
I love the students! Though culturally diverse, they are tolerant and kind to each other, and they are focused on succeeding at their artistic discipline as well as their studies!

Posted August 28, 2009
Teachers are passionate about their subjects, and are always willing to teach and help while at the same time harboring a sense of independence. This is an environment where students can always fit in with people who share their interests in whatever major they choose.

Posted February 15, 2009
My child graduated from CAPA Cr. Writing. Academically speaking we found it not on par with Jr High (Masterman), but many of the unique offerings -poetry, screen-writing, fiction & non-fiction--provide an excellent 'workshop' for aspiring writers. Administratively, though, the school lacks professionalism. Jr and Sr year, we attempted (largely unsucces-sfully) to resolve frequent issues of what amounted to haphazard record keeping & then contentious follow-up. The least serious was being charged over & over for dues/fees already paid -- generating notices of being dropped from prom. The worst saga was our attempt to rectify an error in the recording of a final exam score --an error faculty admitted was improperly entered, & would be fixed in a snap. 1 yr & many meetings later, the incorrect score was averaged with my students final GPA/class rank. 1 concern was literally laughed at to our faces. The lack of accountability was most distressing.

Creative And Performing Arts
901 South Broad St, Philadelphia, PA  19147
Last modified Creative And Performing Arts is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Creative And Performing Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.