Philadelphia, PA

Carver High School 4

Posted November 03, 2014
Carver - A Prominent School heading into a complete Format of Productivity. As a student of George Washington Carver High School Engineering and Science, I must say that the skills that I have obtained are absolutely priceless. Going into the school as a freshman, my mindset from the start was to work for an "A." Though as the school year progressed I realize what I was truly working towards and that was to a career. The opportunities are truly endless. All the teachers within the school are determined to work as long as you are willing to work with them. The teachers are there to help you succeed and will surprise you to what they can do to help you get closer to your path in life, even when you might not even know what that path is. There was one teacher, he was the engineering teacher and what he does everyday is read out the different internships and job offers that people send him for anyone who is interested. One day I was listening and I heard something about a business internship and I have never stopped growing in that field. innovation is Key, because the Power to discover is in You. Thank You Hope To See You Attend Carver

Posted October 25, 2014
I am honored to be attending G.W. Carver High School of Engineering and Science. I can honestly say that it was the best high school choice I could have made, helping define who I am today. The school curriculum is rigorous, especially if you take the several advanced tracks offered, and allows you to chart your own course. In addition to the variety of STEM-based academic offerings, such as the engineering, computer science, environmental science, psychology, and bio-medical programs, there are other courses, such as AP English and various social studies classes, that help round out students. The teachers are extremely helpful, they have treated me like a young adult, and held me accountable while still helping me. There's a variety of extra-curricular activities and sports, and many students are also invested in programs outside of what the school offers. My experienced here has helped shape me, and I KNOW, along with my peers, that we're ready for college. I may have had to stay up passed midnight because of the homework and projects, but in the end, it is worth-it. If you take full advantage of what this school offers, the rewards will be priceless.

Posted August 22, 2012
E&S is one of the best high schools in all of Philadelphia. I will admit my freshmen year at this school was not as challenging as it could have been but it made transitioning into a new school full of strangers easier. You can pick your classes at the end of freshmen year which pretty much dictates how easy or hard your sophomore year will be(and how intelligent your classmates will be). My sophomore year was very challenging and time consuming. Once a sophomore you will be very acquainted with most of the teachers at the school as well as lots of the people in your class and in other classes as well. The building is nicely kept the lockers are very spacious and we have a central air conditioning system. We also have a whole lot of student clubs and it is not too difficult to start a new one if you have teacher and peer support. Most of the students are friendly and approachable. As far as Cons go I don't have too many: the school lacks diversity(although this is slowly changing), the lunches are pretty bad, and a small few of the staff have an attitude problem. Overall it is an excellent school and will be a perfect fit for any intelligent and talented Philadelphia student.

Posted May 25, 2012
E&S High is awesome! I love this High School so much. You wanna work your way to becoming a doctor, an engineer, or Scientist, then this is the high school to be at, where everybody knows you and teachers who care about your education. I love how this high school is focus on getting students and myself to college. I think this high school is way better then Central high school, This should be consider one of the best high schools in Philadelphia. My only con against it, is i think it needs to be more diverse. Other then that, this school is the best.

Carver High School 3

Posted March 25, 2011
This school does not challenge the students in many academic ways.To me it is easy. I am on the honor roll without even trying. Also, a main downside to this school is that it is not DIVERSE ! Diversity is very important to me. This world is diverse, and throughout a child's high school years it's important to experience a work facility with different ethnicities and backgrounds. This is the reason why I am transferring to Central High School, a place where diversity is presented and allow student to have a higher education experience. I love the fact that this school is reconstructed with many modern features and "some" teachers actually educate the students (even though many don't). When I say educate I meant in a way it challenges my brain and the potentials I have, yet to be revealed. In addition, I don't think this school would help me discover myself and what I want to be in life. Besides the negative comments, there are some wonderful things, for instance, the relationship and bond between a teacher and student.

Posted January 05, 2011
I am a freshmen attending G.W. Carver HSES, and the first two weeks of school I instantly fell in love with it.

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted October 13, 2009
great instructional program,highly technologically advanced library and nuturing teachers!!!!!

Posted August 30, 2009

Posted March 10, 2009

Carver High School
1600 West Norris St, Philadelphia, PA  19121
Last modified Carver High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carver High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top