Philadelphia, PA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 18, 2015
The teachers all seem to have a broad spectrum of ideas on how to bring new material to the table. There's always a new way to learn or to take an exam. I have always loved learning, and that fact has not diminished one bit since I came to high school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
The students are well taught and well cared for. There is a lot of compassion and some empathy, too.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 18, 2015
The principal and teachers are pretty understanding. The school is honest in the sense that it has a lot of opportunity and a lot of mind-challenging things. You will definitely learn a lot at this school, and that's an honest fact that has been proven.

Bodine William W High School 5

Posted August 18, 2015
Most of the children and all of the staff are phenomenal. Everyone is open-minded and there are so many opportunities that this school holds.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 18, 2015
There is a tight deadline for quizzes, projects, and tests. Homework on top of that adds to the load. I understand that homework is given for practice, but it should not be more than a few problems to solve when it comes to math, and no more than 3 pages of science work. Homework is barely do-able for me.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 18, 2015
This school develops persistence, grits, and determination in its students. There are a lot of good advantages to doing well at this school, and consequences if you do not do well. There is tutoring & there are helpful peers also.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted August 18, 2015
The teachers feel that if the students have a point to be right, they're right. If the student is wrong, they will be corrected in the nicest way possible.

Bodine William W High School 4

Posted February 10, 2014
I am a Bodine alumna, class of 2011. My experience at this school was nothing short of phenomenal. From reading the comments and students feelings it seems that many things have changed since I have graduated , but if this is false there must be some reason that these students feel this way. Anyway, I am now a junior at THE Pennsylvania State University and a PROUD stduent of The Schreyer Honors College and I owe it all to my secondary institution. I had the great pleasure of readings books every summer, we all know how fun those are lol but really, I learned things I never would have, I took on perspectives I didn't even know existed and I listened to speeches by some of the greatest political leaders, athletes and educators in this country. I had teachers like Ms. Mackay and Mr. Hammer who helped me harness all my abilities into the greatness I am today. Was Bodine perfect? No, but what institution is? Was I the perfect student? Far from it, I had countless detentions and even a suspension my senior year, but I also had people who believed in me. And in the end, thats all you really need. -A Nittany Lion

Bodine William W High School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
Well, first off, you need to know the facts before you can judge correctly. As a senior in this school, I have learned quite a lot. The students who truly came here for the international aspect of the high school has made the right choice. This school is for the dedicated students to internationalism. You may ask me what I would know. In reality, I know how everything is like because I am a IB senior. (Look up IB if you're unfamiliar with the acronym) But basically, IB stands for International Baccalaureate. It's the best program to take if you're interested in serious international academia. Look, the only way I can make it easy for you to know if this school is great or not is by experiencing it. I hope you have learned a little something about the school; it's meant for the determined and dedicated learners of the international world. Please remember to read the other positive reviews of the school, as I can vouch for their accuracy.

Bodine William W High School 4

Posted June 23, 2013
Bodine High school is an average college prep high school. Its not perfect but it is a very good school. As a student there are numerous opportunities that are available to me. The educators are amazing and are very caring.Although many of my peers would disagree with this review, it is the truth. So many of the students at Bodine lack the drive and motivation to learn anything, which is why they view our school in such a negative light. However we have programs linked to institutions at the University of Penn, Drexel University, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Temple University, and many more. We have a wide variety of clubs and in-school programs. As a parent I would most likely send my child here. This school is alot better than that of many other Philadelphia public schools. I have never seen a fight, a weapon, or anything else life threatening during my 2 years here. Also one comment stated our school does not focus on International Affairs. I beg to differ. Our school does focus on International affairs, however it is on a small scale. We do so through participating in the World Affairs Council and partaking in events and activities they have for us.

1101 North 4th St, Philadelphia, PA  19123
Last modified Bodine William W High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bodine William W High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top