Posted February 10, 2014
I am a Bodine alumna, class of 2011. My experience at this school was nothing short of phenomenal. From reading the comments and students feelings it seems that many things have changed since I have graduated , but if this is false there must be some reason that these students feel this way. Anyway, I am now a junior at THE Pennsylvania State University and a PROUD stduent of The Schreyer Honors College and I owe it all to my secondary institution. I had the great pleasure of readings books every summer, we all know how fun those are lol but really, I learned things I never would have, I took on perspectives I didn't even know existed and I listened to speeches by some of the greatest political leaders, athletes and educators in this country. I had teachers like Ms. Mackay and Mr. Hammer who helped me harness all my abilities into the greatness I am today. Was Bodine perfect? No, but what institution is? Was I the perfect student? Far from it, I had countless detentions and even a suspension my senior year, but I also had people who believed in me. And in the end, thats all you really need. -A Nittany Lion

Posted October 24, 2013
Well, first off, you need to know the facts before you can judge correctly. As a senior in this school, I have learned quite a lot. The students who truly came here for the international aspect of the high school has made the right choice. This school is for the dedicated students to internationalism. You may ask me what I would know. In reality, I know how everything is like because I am a IB senior. (Look up IB if you're unfamiliar with the acronym) But basically, IB stands for International Baccalaureate. It's the best program to take if you're interested in serious international academia. Look, the only way I can make it easy for you to know if this school is great or not is by experiencing it. I hope you have learned a little something about the school; it's meant for the determined and dedicated learners of the international world. Please remember to read the other positive reviews of the school, as I can vouch for their accuracy.

Posted June 23, 2013
Bodine High school is an average college prep high school. Its not perfect but it is a very good school. As a student there are numerous opportunities that are available to me. The educators are amazing and are very caring.Although many of my peers would disagree with this review, it is the truth. So many of the students at Bodine lack the drive and motivation to learn anything, which is why they view our school in such a negative light. However we have programs linked to institutions at the University of Penn, Drexel University, PriceWaterhouse Coopers, Temple University, and many more. We have a wide variety of clubs and in-school programs. As a parent I would most likely send my child here. This school is alot better than that of many other Philadelphia public schools. I have never seen a fight, a weapon, or anything else life threatening during my 2 years here. Also one comment stated our school does not focus on International Affairs. I beg to differ. Our school does focus on International affairs, however it is on a small scale. We do so through participating in the World Affairs Council and partaking in events and activities they have for us.

Bodine William W High School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
This school has nothing. I attend this school and i hope people would visit the school or "shadow" as its called before selecting this school. We have nothing good here. Don't be fooled by the papers, most of the programs my school claim they have don't exist. Things have become outdated and the teachers here really don't care about us. They grade horribly and have no sense of direction.These teachers don't have serious lesson plans that actually help a student excel. You would not know about it unless you are a student sitting in the classroom witnessing everything. We are poor, and can hardly run our sports correctly. I regret coming here, please don't make the same mistake. Ever since the new principal and vice principal came into place last year things have gone down hill. Bodine is not how it used to be sadly. And apparently a staff wrote the comment posted April 25, 2013 because the school is nothing of great, and of course no one would want to stay in this school forever. This school has nothing to do with its name. We have no classes based on International Affairs. Ask a student if they are getting a great high school experience here. Bodine High School is the WORST.

Bodine William W High School 1

Posted May 06, 2013
This is school is a mess. A complete mess, the vice principal thinks she can grab students and push them around and yell at them like if these high school students are uncontrollable children. The students that attend the school are nothing compared to bad public school students, so why are the administrators treating them like dirt? It appears that the teachers in the school, teach only to get a paycheck. Nothing more. Of course not all, but a handful. This school is very small, so a handful would mean about half the teachers. As to all the parents considering sending their child(ren) to this school. Think twice. Make a full investigation on this school before anything.

Posted April 25, 2013
Bodine is THE BEST SCHOOL THAT YOU COULD SEND YOUR CHILD TOO!! I graduated from there in 2010 and I loved it. The educators there are like no other they really care and make sure to build a relationship with each student so that they can teach them based on their needs. We promote internationalism and cultural acceptance! I have met famous leaders such as Condeleza Rice, Mayor Nutter, Kareem Abdul Jabaar, the list goes on! This school will give your child a well rounded look at the world on a social, cultural, economic and educational stand point. I LOVED BODINE! I would go there forever if I could!

Posted October 30, 2012
I'm a junior here and I love my school. However, when I was a freshman, it felt more like a family. The new administration that came last year are kind of hostile and deal with us like we're all criminals. That ruins everyone's attitude and the school's environment became hostile. However, it's a great school and every student is very intelligent. I love that the school offers IB and AP(although there aren't many AP classes) because I got accepted into IB, but I chose the AP and Honors class road. Basically, it's a good school, but sometimes tempers and attitudes alike flare. that's with every high school, though. I just can't wait to graduate next school year.

Posted October 16, 2012
Teaching staff is responsive and helpful. I find the new administration (principal and vice principal) to be needlessly strict and even hostile to the students. They are most definitely not go-to people for the students, leaving various teachers to fill that void. I think it would be great if they expanded the IB program so that kids were not "stuck" with the same class of kids for every class, every day, for two years. One of the advantages of high school is one moves away from this model so it is too bad that students who choose IB do not have the flexibility of other high school students with regards to diversity in their classes.

Posted August 13, 2012
My oldest daughter graduted from Bodine and has now graduated from Penn State. Bodine did a great job preparing her and now my 16 year old will be a junior at Bodine.

Posted June 08, 2011
I am a freshman and can honestly say that I love this school. It is a good/challenging learning environment and the staff members are all nice. There are lots of clubs and after school activities where other students can participate in and lots of cultural assemblies too. Personally I am in the Asian Club and I participated in the Asian Assembly, which was fun. There aren't a lot of bad things that go on, like suspensions and there are no fights.

Bodine William W High School
1101 North 4th St, Philadelphia, PA  19123
Last modified Bodine William W High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bodine William W High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top