Bad
Good

This is a horrible horrible school with teachers that don't care and talk down to the students. The principal didn't do anything so he was replaced with a principal a Mr Chapman that was very very rude and used profanity when speaking to parents and he is a liar. This school.was so bad I had to obtain a Lawyer on my son's behalf because of all the mess that was going on. I'm just upset I have to send my daughter back. I wish this rating had a zero. At all cost if you don't have to send your children to this school then dont.

This is such a horrible school my past experience before the change with a new principal was great. I loved the idea of it being for 7th & 8th graders only separating female students from male students and they had an honors program for students that excelled so they could be challenged more. Since last year the change enabled the school to start from Kindergarten through 8th grade, they changed principals and staff. Since the change I've had nothing but horrible experiences with the teacher putting his hands on my son, them targeting him to get him out of the school putting false claims on his records. The principal is non active and doesn't care, the teachers are understaffed and most are incompetent. I was called for every minor thing my son did but not the major things like when the teacher put his hand on my child which caused him to be so angry he punched the wall and broke his hand. It's a shame because this use to be a great school where the teachers as well as the principal cared. Now they have people that don't care and the children are running the school.

Roosevelt was the worse school for my son, not only they didnt teach him anything but they suspended him every other day for not staying in class, he got suspended for everything not pertaining to education. the kids ran over the teachers and they had no displinary action for the kids but to suspend them. i think if they improve the teacher displinary actions instead of suspending them for dumb reason then maybe the school would improve. i will not be sending my son back to this school ever again he didnt learn anything when he was there. only how to come to school so they can suspend him again.

The school has great potential. However, if the Teachers and Parents aren't willing to get together and help these kids....... they might as well send the kids home and stop wasting tax payers money on lazy, shameful, teachers and administrators and hopeless children.

I'am a former student and this school was truly an "insane asylum". Most of the students were labeled academically challanged, and unwilling to learn when in fact it was actually the teachers that were unwilling to teach. Roosevelt's teachers and principal have traumatized me for the rest of my life. If you love your children don't send them to this god forsaken school. PLEASE!!!!

WARNING:My daughter can't even get into a decent high school thanks to Roosevelt's low level of education! I might have to cyber homeschool her.Please use that as another altenative before sending your children to this school. You and your child will really reget it. I know I do.

Teachers are always helpful, courteous and attentive to my child's need. I know the history of the school having sent many children there over the years. But, it is being transformed since 2006 into a fine school.

Last modified Roosevelt Theodore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.