Philadelphia, PA

Posted October 21, 2014
This is such a horrible school my past experience before the change with a new principal was great. I loved the idea of it being for 7th & 8th graders only separating female students from male students and they had an honors program for students that excelled so they could be challenged more. Since last year the change enabled the school to start from Kindergarten through 8th grade, they changed principals and staff. Since the change I've had nothing but horrible experiences with the teacher putting his hands on my son, them targeting him to get him out of the school putting false claims on his records. The principal is non active and doesn't care, the teachers are understaffed and most are incompetent. I was called for every minor thing my son did but not the major things like when the teacher put his hand on my child which caused him to be so angry he punched the wall and broke his hand. It's a shame because this use to be a great school where the teachers as well as the principal cared. Now they have people that don't care and the children are running the school.

Posted August 29, 2012
Roosevelt was the worse school for my son, not only they didnt teach him anything but they suspended him every other day for not staying in class, he got suspended for everything not pertaining to education. the kids ran over the teachers and they had no displinary action for the kids but to suspend them. i think if they improve the teacher displinary actions instead of suspending them for dumb reason then maybe the school would improve. i will not be sending my son back to this school ever again he didnt learn anything when he was there. only how to come to school so they can suspend him again.

Posted January 24, 2011
The school has great potential. However, if the Teachers and Parents aren't willing to get together and help these kids....... they might as well send the kids home and stop wasting tax payers money on lazy, shameful, teachers and administrators and hopeless children.

Posted August 09, 2010
I'am a former student and this school was truly an "insane asylum". Most of the students were labeled academically challanged, and unwilling to learn when in fact it was actually the teachers that were unwilling to teach. Roosevelt's teachers and principal have traumatized me for the rest of my life. If you love your children don't send them to this god forsaken school. PLEASE!!!!

Posted June 22, 2010
WARNING:My daughter can't even get into a decent high school thanks to Roosevelt's low level of education! I might have to cyber homeschool her.Please use that as another altenative before sending your children to this school. You and your child will really reget it. I know I do.

Posted October 01, 2009

Posted July 28, 2009
Teachers are always helpful, courteous and attentive to my child's need. I know the history of the school having sent many children there over the years. But, it is being transformed since 2006 into a fine school.

Posted June 15, 2009

Posted August 26, 2008

Posted November 19, 2005
- a administrator

Roosevelt Theodore Middle School
430 East Washington Ln, Philadelphia, PA  19144
Last modified Roosevelt Theodore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roosevelt Theodore Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top