No rating

St. Christopher Elementary School

Private | PK-8

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $220,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Sweep tile

Posted March 30, 2013

As a product of St Christopher School, I credit the dedicated faculty and challenging curriculum for my academic success. In my final semester of college and excited to graduate summa cum laude. Thank you St Christopher School for teaching me the importance of education early on.

Posted March 12, 2013

I have sent multiple children to St. Christopher School and firmly believe in the education that they provide. St. Christopher School offers a safe environment with plenty of extracurricular activities. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 16, 2012

This school is pitiful! They had a monopoly going for years before the charter schools really starting making an impact on the community. The academics are below what the public school children are doing. Take a look at the summer reading lists! A 3rd grade book for a child entering 4th grade?? It's a disgrace. They bullying is rampant, from the students right on up to the teachers and administration. This school is a joke for all the money you pay. Look elsewhere, join another parish, send your child to public school if you live in the 'burbs. St. Chris is a terrible place for your child.

Posted September 25, 2007

I graduated Saint Chrisopher's a few years ago. In my own opinion, I feel that this school is wonderful. It has a loving environment and the knowledge I gained there will enforce good morals and brilliance throught the rest of my life!

Posted September 25, 2007

St. Christopher School provided my child with an excellent education. A little hard work by the student and the parents as well can go a long way. My child graduated in 2003 and went on to attend an Ivy League school. I think the record speaks for itself. Cudos, St. Chris!

Posted June 25, 2007

I am a student at St. Christopher School. I believe that the school is good over all. I think the most of the teachers are very intelligent, but some aren't. I believe that some teachers don't give students the attention that is needed. I think the academics of St. Chris are very good however. I have kept an A+ average through my years in St. Chris. I think the music program is very good. Art is ok but could be better. There should be an art teacher instead of the homeroom teacher teaching art. I would say that the sports are amazing! I think the Gym teacher is very good and involved, but I think the gymnasium itself is dirty and needs to be fixed up. Parents are very involved in their child's school. Many parents donate things, and take part on the boards too. I hope like my review!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 6, 2007

I'm a student here and the quality of St. Christopher's academic standards is good for me. I have received Straight A's all through my academic career. I believe that the music is good. The sports program is good, but the gym program isn't good . It has a horrible gymnasium in which we play hardly any actual sports. The CYO dances and other things the CYO hosts are great though. I believe the parents our involved with this school enough. We have many volunteers who are parents of the students attending St. Christopher School. In conclusion, i think that St. Christopher's is only a mediocre school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 23, 2007

The teachers and adminstration are truly dedicated,committed,and hard working. The Phys-Ed for students lacks funding and proper facilities. Solid education but with reservations.

Posted May 24, 2006

I believe that this school has its priorities incorrect. The children are not engaged and challenged as they should be. I am looking for more focused activity and support. They are failing.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted November 1, 2005

This school is possibly the worst I could have ever sent my children to. 8 years of 'work' and nothing to show for it. Never send your kids here! The principal is, no exaggeration, the most out of touch person in the world.

Posted September 15, 2004

In the guidelines of extracurricular activities it says that this school provides the arts, sports, an other activites. It doesn't say how bad the poor gym program is or the for art you write your name an color it which I a student had done the year before.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 20, 2004

This is a good school. The teachers work hard and are very interested in the children. Not many after school activities for the younger grades.

Asian 1% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13305 Proctor Rd