K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I wanted to wait until my daughter completed her first full year at this school before I rated it. I have to tell you, I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!! It is a diamond in the rough. My daughter used to attend a Philadelphia Charter School. Although she excelled where she was, I wasn't satisfied with the curriculum and her overall well-being at that school, so I transferred her to St Martin De Porres. It is probably one of the best decisions I have made!!! The principal, Sis Nancy and her team are entirely focused on the betterment of all of the students there. The academics are rigorous. All of the students have access to a computer math program that they work on during school and at home. The students have they're core curriculum, and they also have a number of electives such as: computer programming, yoga, tai chi, zumba, library, music, art, gym, science explorers, and more in which the students participate in ALL of them! During the holiday season, all of the students put on a Holiday Production. For most families with younger children who may need help during the holiday season, they allow them to participate in the church's adopt-a-family program, where the family pays $10 and they receive a slew of items ranging from toys, clothes, and food for all of the family's younger children. They had free breakfast and lunch this past year. Also, the tuition is very affordable. Although they say its $4,500/yr, every child receives help which quite possibly, cuts that amount by half!!! The staff is AMAZING, and they are always there to lend a helping hand. The school is very organized, where most of the days and dates that the students are off are planned well in advance and the parents are notified. They also have bus service for students commuting more than 1.5 miles away, and a great, and affordable ($25/wk) after-care program that lasts until 6pm each day with homework help and fun activities that they participate in. Again, I LOVE IT!!!!!

I love this school. I have two children graduate from St. Martin DePorres. One is a college graduate and the other is a A student in Catholic High School.

I loved this school at one point till my daughter had a racist teacher and the school stuck by the teacher and asked that my daughter not return in June knowing that all schools have closed registration. My children have no school to attend in September at this point. At this point I believe they are worried about money instead of education.

I LOVE SMdP ! BEST SCHOOL EVER ! I attended this school from K - 8 & I loved it ! I'm going to miss all the teachers and staff . Especially Sr. Nancy, Ms. White and Ms. Bauer. Ms. Susan too! Love you guys :)! ..Class of' 11 <3 -Jaide Jimperson

This is my son's first year at St. Martin De Poress and he is doing very well in the first grade. He previously attended Ivy Leaf for Pre-K which they have since closed and then went on to a Christian School before moving on to St. Martin. He is picking up where the other two schools have left off and I am impressed. My four year old will be attending St. Martin's during the 2011 school year for Kindergarten. The teachers and Sis. Nancy are doing such a wonderful job. Keep up the good work and continue to be a blessing to our youth, they are the future. A satisfied parent

This was my daughter's first year attending this school and quite frankly I was a little disappointed. The school has an outstanding Principle and if you can get some of the teachers to be on the same page, I think that this could be an awsome place to send your child from K-8th grade.

My daughter has attended since 2nd grade in is currently in the 5th. I absolutely love everything about the school, the academics, the teachers, the principal. This is a place where I feel safe leaving my child. They offer free after care through the Beacon program, Praise Dance and other fun activities. Not to mention the spiritual guidance. I really love this school.

Last modified St Martin De Porres School is a Private school that serves grades K-8