Philadelphia, PA

St Francis De Sales School 2

Posted March 17, 2014
I have three children who have graced the halls of St Francis de Sales. The school has seen changes over the years but like most of us change does not come easy. My youngest was turned away after 4 years there. She was not given a chance or even a notice that she would not be welcomed back. This is our Parish so I was surprised and devastated that the decision was made without at least a meeting. The new principal was just installed. She could not even talk with me concerning my child. Something is going on and it's just it correct. I have enrolled her in another catholic school and she is doing well. Our children's safety should come first even before the education.

Posted April 06, 2012
In the years since my niece went here the school has changed a lot. There is a music program that I was excited about, but now I think the money should help ALL the students, not just the "favorites". I sent my son here, but all of the teachers are different. Not very impressed with what's going on here now, hopefully my son will get into a charter school next year. Great reputation, but definitely on it's way down.

Posted September 05, 2010
St Francis use to be an excellent before the new principal came. She is very controlling. She is not concerned about the safety of the children. She is a great pretender. If you disagree with her you will feel her wrath. Just google her!!!!!

Posted April 21, 2010
St. Francis de Sales School is a wonderful place for you child to be educated. I attended St Francis myself and now have my children there. The education, I feel, is just as excellent as when my parents sent me there. That was over 20 years ago. It is also wonderful to see so many of my classmates- as well hurry dropping and picking up our children on a daily basis from de Sales!

St Francis De Sales School 4

Posted November 06, 2009
St. Francis DeSales offers a good education. My daughter graduated from there with honors two years ago. She is doing well in high school and taking Honors and AP classes. It is my opinion that she is doing well because of the foundation established at St. Francis De Sales. Currently, my son is attending St. Francis De Sales. As a 1st grader, he is receiving homework assignments of mathematics, phonics, reading comprehension, etc. He is required to read at least 20 minutes a night. So far, he is progressing nicely and appears to be following in his sister's footsteps. All in all, the St. Francis De Sales education is worth the money

Posted April 23, 2009
My daughter has been going to de Sales since 4th grade. Its and excellent school. The teachers she has had were wonderful and always keep me updated with her grades and her conduct. Excellent school. May cost you, but its well worth it.

Posted December 12, 2008
i graduated from De Sales and i thought the things they taught me was late now iam lost in high school because of things i didn't learn in grade school

Posted July 25, 2008
st. Francis De Sales is a fine private schcool. My eight year old daughter has attended there since the first grade and is now going into the third grade. I really like the fact that the nuber of students per class is minimal. Overall the academic program is very organized to fit ever student. I have seen a very noticable change in her. She speaks very well and shows an ability to problem solve many issues. It is a very good school for developing young dhildrens' minds. My wife and I are totally satisfied with this school.

Posted April 04, 2008
My daughter attended and did exellently academically and was not challenged enough. I asked them to place her in a higher grade and they declined. They placed her into the ELWYN program and that didn't challenge her either. So now we took her out a put her into Masterman which is an exellent school that challenges her. My advice is do not plae your child in St. Francis De Sales if you want your child to learn and be challenged.

Posted February 19, 2008
My child is in Kindergarten and the teacher has been out for 1 month and they have not brought in a substitute teacher or hired a new teacher. They are not communicating with parents and has the children praying for this teacher so we have to pay for tuition and not have any service. I have heard great things about this school but I am not happy wiht their communiation or lack of it. I will keep my child in this school until first grade and if this continues, then I will have to find another school. I thought the saying is 'you get what you pay for' but in this case, my money isn't reaping me any value!

917 South 47th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19143
Last modified St Francis De Sales School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Francis De Sales School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top