No rating

St George Elementary School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $60,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $850.

Posted February 19, 2012

My grandchilren graduated from here ..one in 2006,2009,2011 ,and I still have one left that will enter in 2013,,,the school is wonderful,the education is top notch....The teachers care!!!...The principal is excellent..and the students love him...he participates in all the school events..I wish i could give it 10 stars

Posted July 19, 2011

This is an amazing place to send your children. The staff are an amazing group of people,who work together and treat the children like family. The children are introduced to the latest technology and have every opportunity to grow academically.

Posted April 12, 2010

I believe that a school is only as good as its' principal. Mr. Dan Markowski is an excellent principal and the rock of the school. His entire staff is above all expectations a parent could want. My daughter is only in 1st grade, yet all of the teachers and other staff members know her by name. Everyday when my husband and I drop our daughter off for school, we leave with a sense of peace knowing our daughter is in a safe and outstanding educational environment. May God bless and guide Mr. Dan Markowski and his staff always.

Posted May 4, 2009

St George School is an outstanding grade school. No where will you find another school like it . The school spirit is awesome and the principle and staff is A+

Posted September 8, 2008

My child was new to SGS last year. He was entering 3rd grade. It was a very spur of the moment transfer,he had no for warning. I was delited when I saw how well he ajusted to the change. His teacher at the time was exceptional in my opinion, always had time for both me and my son. He had some minor issues and they were recgonized and dealt with in a timely matter, and at a very early stage of the game,which impressed me even further. As far as the principal...I can not say enough. Down to earth, very approachable, young in age and heart, a father himself, and a graduate of the school. What more could I want ! Thanks you teachers for making my son happy!

Posted August 18, 2008

I love this school n the teachers their all soo nice n they always help us with our work .Ive been here for8 years n im in 6th grade n ive learned alot!! Its great!!!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 2, 2008

Although there is only one somewhat negative comment listed here, I must say that it is one too many in my opinion. I am both a former student as well as a current parent at St. George. My children transferred from a different Catholic school and came to SGS where they were welcomed with open arms. Before I enrolled them, I asked around, and honestly, I could not find a person who had a negative comment - which surprises me to see one here. When searching for a quality school, you need look no further than St. George. The principal has a deep love and respect for the position he holds and cares about every child and parent in that community. In addition, the teachers I've experienced with my children have been nothing short of amazing, making my kids feel welcome and part of the family atmosphere that SGS promotes.

Posted March 27, 2008

As a current student at SGS, I firmly believe that the atmosphere, the faculty, and the students are all welcoming and good-hearted. As soon as you walk through the doors of SGS, you automatically feel comfortable and at ease. Mr. Markowski is a wonderful person who is open to everyone's ideas and is always there to talk to. He is dedicated and always finds new ways to interest his school. The teachers and support staff are always there to guide you and lead you in the correct path. If you are struggling, they will go above and beyond to help you. Monsignor Joe is a dedicated leader and he is always there to encourage you to do your best. If you ever have the chance to vist SGS, go for it. You will not regret it.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 18, 2008

The principle isn't willing to listen to anyone problems. Some of they teachers are very nice but others do not care whether you child passes or not.

Posted February 25, 2008

My sons all attend SGS! My oldest son is in his first year of High School and I believe that his education at SGS helped him to be better prepared for his high school years. The teachers all go the extra mile to educate the whole child! I am proud to be an SGS parent!

Posted June 8, 2007

This school is the best! I graduated here in 2005, and still, i come back to see all the teachers again! This school is great, and the family atmoshere is the best part of st.george!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 11, 2006

I've never felt more welcome at a school before than at St. George. The principal always seems to go the extra mile and is a visible presence throughout the school. He is very approachable and willing to listen to parent concerns. The teachers are awesome as well. Both my son and daughter attend this school and I couldn't be happier. Although I do not know all of the upper grade teachers, my children know them and talk about them often. This is a very family oriented place where everyone knows one another. Our family cound't be happier!

Posted January 6, 2006

great school, great teachers, espcially the Pre-K and Kindergarden teachers. They deserve to be awarded. I believe the Pre-K Teacher is Mrs.Rogers. She is very knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and loving. Ever teacher should be like her, she always goes the extra mile. The kindergarden teacher is also friendy, helpful, and loving as well. The principle is a kind man who does a great job.

Posted September 21, 2003

Both of my daughters go here. It's the only time I've seen children excited to go to school in the mornings. The teachers are nurturing and the environment is structured and highly condusive to learning. The strong sense of values instilled in each of the children spills out into their home lives. I would highly recommend to anyone to check out this school. The teachers are phenomenal along with the leadership of the principal makes for a great learning place.

2700 East Venango Street