St Helena School 4

Posted August 05, 2014
My two daughters go there. They love it. I love it too. After they survived the earthquake in Haiti. I moved them here. They attend school there for last three years. They learn a lot. They become smarter.

St Helena School 3

Posted July 28, 2014
I'm a student that went to Saint Helena Incarnation all my life. Me and my parents didn't have any problems with the school however, there was a fundrasier that made you pay $60 dollars and you had to sell at least one box or your child won't receive his/her report card. The school switch principals and she changed a lot. While she isn't a bad principal, she fired many great teachers, and they were replaced by new teachers. I'm not saying that all of the teachers were bad but there was only a few good teachers. I stopped going there because my father received a message that if you didn't pay by July 25th you will have to be charged with a $400 dollars fee (for every child you have) and also the tuition was little less than $4000 dollars (for every child you have.) There was still some good in this school. For example if you drive your student to school, you would drive into a line in the school parking lot and teachers would be waiting to open the car doors and make sure they wouldn't have trouble. The new principal made sure that they were have any trouble. I loved the school but too many things changed such as the price and the quality service from the teachers.

Posted June 27, 2014
I am a 2014 graduate from SHI and honestly I'm so glad I got out of that school. It was the best experience I could have until my 8th grade year, when the vice principal became the actual principal. She ruined everything and got rid of all of the teachers who's been there FOREVER. She took out all of our activities. Everyone misses the old principal and all of our teachers. St Helena will never be the same again. You will be better off sending your child somewhere else now that SHI has changed into a completely different school, because there's a high chance this school will close soon anyway. Other than that, I loved how SHS was before. I truly do miss it and wish my siblings could have the same things I did while in this school, but it's all gone now.

St Helena School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
I am currently a student at Saint Helena- Incarnation. I have been a part of this school ever since I was 3. Saint Helena means so much to me. It is my second home. I have created close relationships with many of my peers and my teachers. I come to school everyday knowing that once I walk through the doors, I am in a safe environment filled with people of all different diversities coming together as one. In my opinion, I think Saint Helena is very opened and welcomed and we make every new member feel as if they has been here ever since the start. Our door is always open and we look out for one another. The students, teachers, and staff here at Saint Helena consider each other family. I love it here at Saint Helena's and it's sad to say that this is my last year here. I know that my legacy at Saint Helena's will live on and I know from the very bottom of my heart that this will always be my second home.

St Helena School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I have been going to this school for a couple of years, and there has been a lot of changes in this school, ex. the merging of Incarnation. In my opinion, I loved my teachers and I had a fun experience in all of the grades I've been here. We often deal with money problems and there has been a lot of unnecessary issues in this school. I think that there should be more student activities/programs because we barely have any. Like the recent reviews posted, we were promised lots of activities but we didn't get any. The only sport we have is basketball, which is for 4th-8th girls, and 7th-8th boys. If you want to send your child here for the lower school (PreK-3rd Grade), I think it will be your best choice because these teachers will genuinely care for you and make your child want to come to school every day. The upper school teachers here are good, but a lot of them left this year. The old Principal left in the beginning of the year, and we now have our Vice Principal as the "acting Principal" at the moment. The Vice Principal is more involved and is kinder to students and staff. It would be best if she was the new full-time Principal for our school.

St Helena School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
Both of my son and daughter has been going to this school ever since they were 3-4 years old. I never had a problem with the teachers or principals. My kids love it here and doesn't even want to leave. My daughter is graduating this year and she has grown close relationships with many of her teachers and friends. My daughter has never missed honor roll at Saint Helena- Incarnation and is always in the category of top students in the classroom thanks to the wonderful teachers. The teachers at Saint Helena- Incarnation put their hearts out to teaching and always makes sure that each and every one of the student is receiving the proper care and education. The family of Saint Helena- Incarnation know how much it costs to attend here, so they try their very best to make every cent of the money you are paying worth it.

Posted August 06, 2013
I'm currently going there and before anyone decides to send their child you should know the following. We were promised more activities but none was given. We don't have enough money to go on GOOD trips that are interesting yet we still learn from, but there's enough money to renovate the principles office to make it twice as large. the teachers do try but the principle gives them work that she should be doing herself. she gets smart with the parents and students and random fee's will appear throughout the year. ever since the merge with Incarnation, the school is very disorganized...not to mention the pointless drama this school contains.

Posted August 06, 2013
This school is suckish! It freakin' emerged with Inky or Incarnation and brought 2 good teachers. Let's just say the students had a little bit of drama going on and the brought it. Mrs. Rita Stebbins the current principle picks on us if we got in trouble before. She basically won't give you another chance to prove your a dedicated student. Let's be honest the economy is doing okay, but not good, and next thing you know you get a call from this sick principle asking for money. She gets an attitude too! Students here like to pick on people because that's what there "popular" friends are doing and it's just sick.

St Helena School 3

Posted August 20, 2012
My daughter went to school here for 3 years. The students are very friendly but it seemed like it was an empty school and nobody knew each other.

Posted January 10, 2012
I am very unhappy with the student to teacher ratios. My son is in the 2nd grade and there are 34 kids in his class ( was supposed to be 35 but one left) with a new young teacher and no aids to help her. She trys but when I am paying for a school I think the ratios should be better. It is unacceptable and I feel that my son should be getting the attention and education we pay for. When I expressed my concerns to the principal she said that they will not be getting an assistant for the room and in a nice way told me if I don't like it find another school. She is very lucky finding another school in this neighborhood is not the easiest but he will definitely not be going there next year.

St Helena School
6101 North 5th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19120
Last modified St Helena School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Helena School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.