PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
This school has been nothing but a headache since the new administration has taken over. I'm constantly up at the school to advocate for my child because the new teachers think that they can treat your child anyway they want to. The children are not even allowed to talk during lunchtime. God forbid they talk in class. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 10, 2015
Mrs.Dougherty.She"s the only teacher who appears to really care about the well-beingof the students. She is also fair.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 10, 2015
Some students are given preferential treatment because their parents work for the school. These kids do whatever they want to and get away with it. Some are constantly harassed by the teachers if the parents complain about their system. These students feel singled out.

St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS 4

Posted August 05, 2014
My two daughters go there. They love it. I love it too. After they survived the earthquake in Haiti. I moved them here. They attend school there for last three years. They learn a lot. They become smarter.

St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS 3

Posted July 28, 2014
I'm a student that went to Saint Helena Incarnation all my life. Me and my parents didn't have any problems with the school however, there was a fundrasier that made you pay $60 dollars and you had to sell at least one box or your child won't receive his/her report card. The school switch principals and she changed a lot. While she isn't a bad principal, she fired many great teachers, and they were replaced by new teachers. I'm not saying that all of the teachers were bad but there was only a few good teachers. I stopped going there because my father received a message that if you didn't pay by July 25th you will have to be charged with a $400 dollars fee (for every child you have) and also the tuition was little less than $4000 dollars (for every child you have.) There was still some good in this school. For example if you drive your student to school, you would drive into a line in the school parking lot and teachers would be waiting to open the car doors and make sure they wouldn't have trouble. The new principal made sure that they were have any trouble. I loved the school but too many things changed such as the price and the quality service from the teachers.

Posted June 27, 2014
I am a 2014 graduate from SHI and honestly I'm so glad I got out of that school. It was the best experience I could have until my 8th grade year, when the vice principal became the actual principal. She ruined everything and got rid of all of the teachers who's been there FOREVER. She took out all of our activities. Everyone misses the old principal and all of our teachers. St Helena will never be the same again. You will be better off sending your child somewhere else now that SHI has changed into a completely different school, because there's a high chance this school will close soon anyway. Other than that, I loved how SHS was before. I truly do miss it and wish my siblings could have the same things I did while in this school, but it's all gone now.

St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS 5

Posted October 24, 2013
I am currently a student at Saint Helena- Incarnation. I have been a part of this school ever since I was 3. Saint Helena means so much to me. It is my second home. I have created close relationships with many of my peers and my teachers. I come to school everyday knowing that once I walk through the doors, I am in a safe environment filled with people of all different diversities coming together as one. In my opinion, I think Saint Helena is very opened and welcomed and we make every new member feel as if they has been here ever since the start. Our door is always open and we look out for one another. The students, teachers, and staff here at Saint Helena consider each other family. I love it here at Saint Helena's and it's sad to say that this is my last year here. I know that my legacy at Saint Helena's will live on and I know from the very bottom of my heart that this will always be my second home.

St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I have been going to this school for a couple of years, and there has been a lot of changes in this school, ex. the merging of Incarnation. In my opinion, I loved my teachers and I had a fun experience in all of the grades I've been here. We often deal with money problems and there has been a lot of unnecessary issues in this school. I think that there should be more student activities/programs because we barely have any. Like the recent reviews posted, we were promised lots of activities but we didn't get any. The only sport we have is basketball, which is for 4th-8th girls, and 7th-8th boys. If you want to send your child here for the lower school (PreK-3rd Grade), I think it will be your best choice because these teachers will genuinely care for you and make your child want to come to school every day. The upper school teachers here are good, but a lot of them left this year. The old Principal left in the beginning of the year, and we now have our Vice Principal as the "acting Principal" at the moment. The Vice Principal is more involved and is kinder to students and staff. It would be best if she was the new full-time Principal for our school.

St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS 5

Posted October 24, 2013
Both of my son and daughter has been going to this school ever since they were 3-4 years old. I never had a problem with the teachers or principals. My kids love it here and doesn't even want to leave. My daughter is graduating this year and she has grown close relationships with many of her teachers and friends. My daughter has never missed honor roll at Saint Helena- Incarnation and is always in the category of top students in the classroom thanks to the wonderful teachers. The teachers at Saint Helena- Incarnation put their hearts out to teaching and always makes sure that each and every one of the student is receiving the proper care and education. The family of Saint Helena- Incarnation know how much it costs to attend here, so they try their very best to make every cent of the money you are paying worth it.

Posted August 06, 2013
I'm currently going there and before anyone decides to send their child you should know the following. We were promised more activities but none was given. We don't have enough money to go on GOOD trips that are interesting yet we still learn from, but there's enough money to renovate the principles office to make it twice as large. the teachers do try but the principle gives them work that she should be doing herself. she gets smart with the parents and students and random fee's will appear throughout the year. ever since the merge with Incarnation, the school is very disorganized...not to mention the pointless drama this school contains.

6101 N. 5th St., Philadelphia, PA  19120
Last modified St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Helena-Incarnation Catholic School, IMS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top