PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I love this school. It is a great envoirenment for students to learn, grown, and have fun at the same time.

St. Josaphat Ukranian Catholic School is a great school. The principal, teachers, and office staff really give it their all. The Home and School, and many of the parents, are really involved and work hard for the children. In addition to regular school subjects, the students are given instruction in the Ukrainian language and culture, and learn about the Ukrainian Catholic tradition. We are the last Catholic school in Philadelphia to do so, as the other schools closed years ago. Many people don't even know there are Catholics other than Roman Catholics! I graduated from this school years ago. It was a great school then, and it still is.My husband and I have been proud and happy to send our children to St. Josaphat's.School. We hope it stays open for many more years! If you are looking for an outstanding school for your child, your search is over. This is it. Don't hesitate to register.

I LOVE this school! I am in 6th grade and I have been going here since kindergarten! St. Josaphat provides a great education, a friendly environment, and outstanding teachers! The teachers make school work fun, but educational at the same time! I would be devastated if this school closes! I truly love this school and the students who attend as well! St. Josaphat has a family-like environment where every student knows each other! It is such a great experience to be educated in a small school because children get the individual help that they need! I also love the fact that we are taught Ukrainian, it is such a good experience to be taught another language. The teachers do an amazing job teaching! I am on the board for student council and I participate in many activities! We have basketball, softball, and baseball! If you want your child to be in a safe and friendly environment, St. Josaphat is the perfect school!

Great school attention is on small class size and individual attention for every student you do not have to be Ukrainian to go there but they do learn the language starting in kindergarten which I think is a bonus they also have free buses I wouldn't send my child anywhere else!

What an amazing school! The staff and teachers genuinely care about the education they are providing and the overall well being of their students. I am so glad my grandchildren are attending. I cannot think of sending them anywhere else. The small class size, individualized attention that the students truly make for an outstanding school

St. Josaphat is a stellar educational institute. The small class sizes ensure that every student gets much needed attention. Students have plenty of time to ask questions, and teachers have the time to answer. Falling behind and feeling anxiety from being lost in class is something the children here don t have to worry about. We have specialists, PA certified teachers with Masters Degrees, a registered nurse, and we offer tutoring after school. All staff continue to take college courses and attend workshops to be knowledgeable of the latest teaching techniques. Students learn about Ukrainian, as well as many other cultures, and we take pride in the differences and uniqueness of our student population. Many students are fluent in two languages. Innovative projects enhance the challenging curriculum and allow students to express their creativity. Student Council gets to experience firsthand the roles of government, and coordinates activities that the students love. Bullying, which is minimal in this caring family, is not tolerated. If you are a parent and want a safe, caring, and challenging environment for your student, then St. Josaphat is the school for you!

I love this school! MY children are doing great. The staff and principal are great ,and they try so hard to make this school not only excel academically ,but also very safe for our children .And don't forget it takes teacher-parents efforts to make our children succeed in life.

Worst misktake ever!!!!!!!! I basically paid for an education for my child at this school for him to be left behind. We switched schools this past year due to the outragous price of the tuition and the focus of Ukrainian class instead of the major subjects. When my child took a test to see where he standed with his new school - they found out that he was missing very crucial information in almost every subject. The atmosphere is nice if you want your child to have fun and not learn the appropiate and very necessary things in order to succeed.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about St. Josaphat's. The teachers and staff here truly care about the students. This is a school where the children are treated like family. They get a lot of individualized attention which allows the teachers to pick up on any issues that they are struggling with academically. I feel very good about my choice to send my son to St. Josaphat's. I know that he is getting high quality education, that he is safe, and that he will be nurtured by the adults here.

Love, love, love Mrs. Scally! (1st grade teacher) I can't say enough good things about this teacher. I have never met anyone so dedicated to a school. She loves these children like they are her own. My son loves her method of teaching, she makes it interesting and fun! She encourages the kids to work their best and acknowledges them when they do a good job. My son actually enjoys doing his homework! She cares about what they eat for lunch, encouraging them to pack healthly food, making nutrition important to them. On gym day, she takes the kids to the park/playground so they can have fun together. She takes them on trips to the library, again making it both educational and fun! My daughter who is now in 9th grade was also a student of Mrs Scally. She still talks about how much she loves her and the many great memories of 1st grade. "Scientist of the Week" and "Veggie Tale Fridays" were her favorite activities in Mrs. Scally's class. Nine years later she still does these same things with the kids. She is a ball of energy and a great asset to the school. I am privleged to have had her teach my daugher and now my son. Noreen Rubio (Kelsey and Cristian's mom)

Last modified St. Josaphat Ukrainian Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8