Philadelphia, PA

Posted November 05, 2013
I had two sons and 2 nephews who graduated from the Prep. I have another son going there this year. Both of my sons and nephews who graduated got into top tier colleges and are on track to get top tier jobs. The son who I have at the Prep right now is very shy, and did not want to go to the prep and have to leave his old friends. After a day of being there he immediately fell in love with everything from teachers to to food. The atmosphere is great and the motto of "man for others" could not be anything more than what I ask for. The academics while demanding and challenging, are a nice way to challenge my son into becoming the best student possible. The teachers are also engaging, and willing to help at all times, while the religious aspect is also perfect. I could not be more impressed with Saint Joe's prep and feel that it is the best high school in the country.

St Joseph's Preparatory School 1

Posted September 27, 2013
As an alumnus of St. Joe's Prep, I cannot recommend it. The school strictly enforces minor dress code issues, while tolerating bullying by athletes. Many teachers are fundamentally dishonest, or make false claims against students to assist with fundraising. Although there are many good teachers, it is a case of a few really rotten apples spoiling the bunch.

Posted January 07, 2011
Excellent school, very demanding academically. Our son in addition to being accepted to Saint Joseph's Prep was accepted to Lasalle College High School,Central High School and got a scholarship to Roman Catholic High school, however he decided he wanted to go to the prep and it was the best choice we made. Every night he spends three to four hours studying but he doesn't mind it because he loves going to the prep.

Posted August 23, 2010
I am a graduate of St Joe's from the 70s. The school transformed my life. St Joe's demanding academics, its encouragement of good study habits, its focus on the whole man, and the inspiration of the Prep teachers, combined to propel me into a first tier college (MIT) and prepared me to succeed there. I am so grateful to all of those teachers who invested in me. I cannot confirm today's school is the same (living in Silicon Valley, California now), but if St Joe's Prep is even a shadow of that same school I attended, 5 stars is not enough.

Posted January 17, 2010
My Son will be going to this school next year. Fortunately in this geographic area, we have excellent Catholic and Private schools to chose from. We choose 'the Prep' as it is proudly referred for several reasons. 1) literally unanimous great feedback from students, alumni and parents 2) interaction with present students. They seem to have a positive edge in areas such as manors, ability to present them self 3) examining list of colleges that recent grads attend, exceptional. 4) most importantly since again there are many very good; where my son wanted to attend after summer program (highly recommended), day visit etc.

St Joseph's Preparatory School 1

Posted February 12, 2009

Posted October 09, 2008

Posted June 28, 2008
Perfet... can't ask for anymore in a school, it is very competive. The greatest choice that I gave my son was sending him to the Prep.

Posted April 16, 2008
We can't say enough good things about this school. It is very tough academically and has top-notch athletics. There are no phys ed or health classes here - - but rather Latin is mandatory. Take a look at where The Prep's grads are going to college and then compare to other schools.

Posted January 30, 2008
This school is worth every penny and then some. I feel we owe them money for our son's education. Every aspect of our time there was outstanding. pcs parent 2006

St Joseph's Preparatory School
1733 West Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19130
(215) 978-1959
Last modified St Joseph's Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Joseph's Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top