No rating

St Katherine Of Siena School

Private | K-8

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $167,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted February 18, 2014

Okay first of all I absolutely love my school! I'm in 7th grade and I am very sad that next year will ba my last year here at Sks! The teachers here are very kind and teach well. If you don't understand something just ask a teacher and they will try o explain it to you so that you do understand! I love my school and reccomend it to you for your child we recently opened a pre k program and next year we will add a pre k 3 year old program! So the grades will range from pre-k 3-8th grade! I hope you found this helpfull!

Posted May 19, 2013

I have two children in this school- this year has been awful. Both children (different grades) have been bullied. Told the teachers- they did nothing. If your children are different in any way they will be picked on. Creativity is not encouraged. It's sad.

Posted March 3, 2013

Removed my child after 1 month! Not a safe environment! New program with alot of work needed! Like boot camp for children!

Posted August 19, 2012

I use to be at a public school till 2nd grade then my parents transferred me to Saint Katherine's I couldn't be happier! The teachers are extremely nice but it's cold in the winter and EXTREMELY hot in the summer in the classrooms. I just think that the school should work on air conditioning. Overall, the students are nice and the teachers are very helpful. This is my last year at Saint Katherine's. I love how all the 7th and 8th grade teachers help us prepare for high school like retreats, visitors, and more! I will be missing all the wonderful teachers and friends. But it will prepare you for your future. I would EXTREMELY recommend the school for all young boys and girls.

Posted February 25, 2010

I go to this school and it's so fun. I have tons of friends and the teachers are sooo nice!!!! even though we don't have a cafeteria, it is still really good. Gym class is fun, and the teachers find their ways to making thhe students have a fun filled year!!!

Posted December 3, 2009

SKS School is genuinely focused on Christianity, academics, home-and-school, CYO sports, and community activities. I hope it lasts forever!

Posted August 4, 2008

I have to write and say I am very pleased with the level of education at SKS. My daughter recently completed 6th grade and wanted to thank the teachers and staff for another wonderful year. Thank You

Posted July 22, 2008

I love St. Katherine of Siena - my daughter is going into third grade and loves to go to school. The teachers are great and very helpful and the C.A.R.E.S. program is amazing, the people really care about your child and have so many activities for them. Ms. Dube'

Posted May 27, 2008

My daughter seems to like SKS., the secretary in the front office is very helpful., We never seem to have any problems with any of the teachers.. It seems that when I speak with other parents of children from other Catholic schools in the area, their children are so much further with their studies than SKS. And the principal, that's another story.....

Posted March 27, 2008

I love this school. I have a 5th grader and 7th grader. They both enjoy the school very much....they love their teachers and I have never had a problem with any of them. They keep the parents very involed and are always willing to communicate. Our parish is very committed to keeping the school building updated. We as parents took on some responsibilites to get jobs done - i.e. new widows, new roof the school was powerwashed and we have a new gym. All of this was because of the faculty and parent involvement. It shows when parents are involved. We have so many sports and activities for the children. Our Pastors our very involed with the school - not just the church. I only wish that classroom size was smaller - but we are average with other schools classroom size. Just a wish!

Posted November 9, 2007

I would highly recommend St. Katherine of Siena School. I currently have one child at SKS and one that graduated 3 years ago. My older child received an academic scholarship to a local Catholic high school. This is due, in part, to the excellent teachers at SKS. In addition to the excellent academic programs SKS also offers many sports programs. The children also are required to perform service if they participate in sports, such as aid for friends. It really is a wonderful school.

Posted October 24, 2007

I love St. Katherines its the best, the teachers treat you like a person and they will have respect if you have respect for them. The most important rule at SKS is never give up!

Posted February 16, 2007

I am currently a seventh grade student at SKS and I love it to death. Some teachers are strict, others are fun and out going. This school is great I have no complaints. We are all about religion at St.Katherine's. Some kids do not like that, but I sure do. Every first Friday the entire school goes to Mass. In St. Katherine of Siena school there is always an exciting game after school in the gym. We have soccer, track, basketball, volleyball, chess, swimming, choir, cheerleading, baseball, softball, and so many more. Every year we have special events such as the Walk-a-Thon and Puttin' on the Hits(seventh+eighth grade only.) I have learned so much in my seven years at SKS and if you are looking for a good place to send your child(ren), this is the perfect place

Posted April 12, 2006

My kids are the happiest I have ever known kids in school to be. They have had no complaints about teachers, fellow students, or school property. Their lessons are challenging.

Posted March 1, 2006

SKS is an outstanding school. I have 2 children there and they really love it. We were forced to find a new school when they closed St.Bartholomew in June of 2005. Both my children were terified and heartbroken but the teachers and students at SKS made them feel at home right away. The staff is kind and the Pastor and Principle are truely great to the students. SKS welcomed us with open arms and we highly recommend them to anyone looking for a sound and enriching Catholic education. SKS does not have too many students or too few it was the best choice I ever made. The friendly attitude of the students and faculity is definatly a plus. Be confident in choosing SKS, it's worth it.

Posted June 23, 2005

SKS is a good school i am a student at SKS. We have a new Gym. They have many programs to help kids do better, like speech,and C.O.R.A. They don't have a cafiteria, so we eat in our classrooms. We have music, library computers, art and gym. We have some after school activies, like choir. We have many sports baseball, and soccer to name a few. We also have dances, and parties. I would highly reccmond SKS to anyone who is cathloic, and wants to learn about Jesus.

Posted April 4, 2004

We have two children in St. Katherine's and have been very happy with the school on all levels. This school provides a well-rounded education, strong Catholic values, has a caring staff and safety is not an issue.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Philadelphia

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9738 Frankford Ave