K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted February 11, 2016
After reading some reviews, they have gotten better with bullying education, but it's NOT good enough. I know even today in 2nd grade WAY too many things are tolerated that should not be.

St Katherine Of Siena School 2

Posted February 11, 2016
I cannot wait to remove her from this school. The ONLY reason they succeed in maintain their numbers is that it is the best of the worst in our area. That is a very poor standard. I know MANY parents there feel the same way and refuse to stand up about it. Right now the principal is absolutely the worst. Nice person, but a terrible leader, and cannot delegate effectively leaving their day to day administrative duties sorely lacking. They show no 'gumption' no will, no fight, no strength in protecting the needs of their students and the quality of their education. Extremely Disappointed.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted February 11, 2016
Somewhat Effective is only given due to the her 3rd grade teacher who is MUCH more skilled then the 2nd grade teacher she has. I've NEVER come across a more ignorant (in the sense of intelligence), absent, rude, unaffected teacher in my entire life.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 11, 2016
I can only say 'just right' because my daughter excels at many things and struggles with very little, but I know many others feel it's too much, especially in the K-3.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
In this school, it's sink or swim. They do not have the capability (in terms of quality of providers, materials, or administration) to handle any child outside of the 'norm'. If you excel, or struggle, you will be left on your own to skate through unprepared for challenges that lay ahead.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
I've seen a dramatic increase in my daughters 'attitude' and the tone of her voice, since she started at that school. She has been greatly, and negatively, impacted by those around her in the city and particularly in that school. We spend a great deal of time 'fixing' this at home.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
They do in ways that will garnish attention, big moments, big visits, normal special hallmark days but not where and when it counts.

St Katherine Of Siena School 2

Posted June 09, 2015
I am a former student at sks. THIS SCHOOL DOES NOT PREPARE YOU FOR HIGH SCHOOL AT ALL!! They say that they do but no they just simply dont. While i personally was not bullied i know many who were. When the kids told the teacher nothing would happen. Then, when they went to the principal nothing would happen. They had to deal with the bullies for the rest of their time there. Dont get me wrong there were some really good teachers that i loved. The curiculm (sorry if i marracred the word) is based upon the lowest learning person. So if somebody in your class just doesnt want to learn (and there were alot), then you are held back by that person. Most kids go to Ryan, Judge, or Huberts. Then many others go to charter schools. There might be that one kid in a class who goes to the prep school. In conclusion, i disliked my time at sks and now looking back it was pretty bad overall. I hope this review helps you.

St Katherine Of Siena School 1

Posted February 24, 2015
My rating speaks for itself. Be mindful of where you send your children. Research. This school is NOT for every child.

St Katherine Of Siena School 5

Posted February 18, 2014
Okay first of all I absolutely love my school! I'm in 7th grade and I am very sad that next year will ba my last year here at Sks! The teachers here are very kind and teach well. If you don't understand something just ask a teacher and they will try o explain it to you so that you do understand! I love my school and reccomend it to you for your child we recently opened a pre k program and next year we will add a pre k 3 year old program! So the grades will range from pre-k 3-8th grade! I hope you found this helpfull!

9738 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19114
Last modified St Katherine Of Siena School is a Private school that serves grades K-8