K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

For my granddaughter as an African American female, I felt her education recieved at this school was phenominal, I wasn't too impressed with how they treated black boys, parents of black boys be vigalent that the school is supporting what you expect your black young man to grow into. The white female teachers seemed to have an incredibly low expectation for the black boys in the school. I did address the new principal and he seemed receptive to my observations.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My granddaughter was enrolled for kindergarden last year. She is reading, does two digit math. I was impressed!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

this school is horrible so many teachers left my son was these for kindergarten he had four different teachers in one year didn't learn nothing at all two different principles in one year they own secretary that works there talk so much about how bad The school is.. They don't really care about the kids or How they leaning because it n a black neighborhood they only care about the money that you're paying them no one from my son kindergarten class came back to that school so that show u how horrible the school is

this school is horrible so many teachers left my son was these for kindergarten he had four different teachers in one year didn't learn nothing at all two different principles in one year so many teachers in 2015 they own secretary that works there talk so much about how bad The school is.. They don't really care about the kids or How they leaning because it n a black neighborhood they only care about the money that you're paying them no one from my son kindergarten class came back to that school so that show u how horrible the school is

I am a graduate of Saint Malachy School and I received an excellent education. To date many people ask where my schooling took place as my core academics as well as my articulation is above par. I was accepted in a selective Private Catholic High School that required testing. My entire family attended St. Malachy including my son and [we] all have or had VERY successful careers! Relationships within a school should be close-nit. If the staff were bickering some would still have a gripe. People should attempt to become more involved in your investments (child's school) or you will never know when your financial adviser (child) is not providing the truth about the current market. Demeaning an educational institution online is ineffectual and it illustrates an ineptitude to resolve issues in an obeisant manner. I should hope your vocabulary is not parsimonious as mine is extensive thanks to St. Malachy. Respectfully, S. Russell

St. Malachy's was recently acquired by the Independence Mission Schools as a privately held Catholic school. Teresa Richardson, the new principal, is a loving and caring leader. She has made some wonderful changes and will be welcoming some great new teachers for 2013-2014. There is before/after school cares, lunches, computer labs, a safe play yard and an excellent education where children are taught educationally and morally what is needed to succeed. Schedule a tour and decided for your self whether this is the best match for your child. Angry people tend to be the most vocal while the success stories go on living their life successfully!

Don't send your child or children to this school! Trust me!! It's horrible. Everything from the education to the athletics is run terribly. The school is money hungry and is constantly trying to get money from you and force fundraising down your throat. It's ridiculous. The school is not based on the christian principles that a catholic school should be based on. The kids come very low on their list of priorities. There's a "clique" among the teachers, coaches, and parents and if you're not in that clique, you and your children will be treated horribly. There's a lot of favortism that goes on here. People told me this before I enrolled my kids, but I didn't listen. I wish I had!

St. Malachy has undergone alot of changes throughout the years...not for the betterment! When choosing a school there are alot of important factors to consider. Please do your homework before choosing this school.

The tuition is the lowest in the city and they have Smartboards in every classroom! I am so glad that my son goes there, he needs the discipline and high academic standards that it provides.

I think that this school was a good choice for my son. He was attending a public school and it was nothing but trouble for him. He now is learning more and he is up to date with the curriculum that he should be on. One thing is that they should be more acceptive of parent phone calls and not to always be unavailable when a parent needs to now whats going on with their own children,be available for us as you wish for us to be for the school when they ask for donations.

Last modified St Malachy School is a Private school that serves grades K-8