Posted September 09, 2014
I enrolled my granddaughter and I am very VERY pleased! Will amend this if I have a problem but I found this school extremely impressive. The staff is great, the price is right. My children went to Milton Hershey one of the most well funded schools in the nation, St Malachy gave me that same crisp, clean feeling. I am so glad I took a chance on this school.

Posted September 13, 2013
I am a graduate of Saint Malachy School and I received an excellent education. To date many people ask where my schooling took place as my core academics as well as my articulation is above par. I was accepted in a selective Private Catholic High School that required testing. My entire family attended St. Malachy including my son and [we] all have or had VERY successful careers! Relationships within a school should be close-nit. If the staff were bickering some would still have a gripe. People should attempt to become more involved in your investments (child's school) or you will never know when your financial adviser (child) is not providing the truth about the current market. Demeaning an educational institution online is ineffectual and it illustrates an ineptitude to resolve issues in an obeisant manner. I should hope your vocabulary is not parsimonious as mine is extensive thanks to St. Malachy. Respectfully, S. Russell

St Malachy School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
St. Malachy's was recently acquired by the Independence Mission Schools as a privately held Catholic school. Teresa Richardson, the new principal, is a loving and caring leader. She has made some wonderful changes and will be welcoming some great new teachers for 2013-2014. There is before/after school cares, lunches, computer labs, a safe play yard and an excellent education where children are taught educationally and morally what is needed to succeed. Schedule a tour and decided for your self whether this is the best match for your child. Angry people tend to be the most vocal while the success stories go on living their life successfully!

St Malachy School 1

Posted February 03, 2012
Don't send your child or children to this school! Trust me!! It's horrible. Everything from the education to the athletics is run terribly. The school is money hungry and is constantly trying to get money from you and force fundraising down your throat. It's ridiculous. The school is not based on the christian principles that a catholic school should be based on. The kids come very low on their list of priorities. There's a "clique" among the teachers, coaches, and parents and if you're not in that clique, you and your children will be treated horribly. There's a lot of favortism that goes on here. People told me this before I enrolled my kids, but I didn't listen. I wish I had!

St Malachy School 1

Posted May 05, 2011
St. Malachy has undergone alot of changes throughout the years...not for the betterment! When choosing a school there are alot of important factors to consider. Please do your homework before choosing this school.

Posted August 22, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009
The tuition is the lowest in the city and they have Smartboards in every classroom! I am so glad that my son goes there, he needs the discipline and high academic standards that it provides.

Posted January 06, 2009
I think that this school was a good choice for my son. He was attending a public school and it was nothing but trouble for him. He now is learning more and he is up to date with the curriculum that he should be on. One thing is that they should be more acceptive of parent phone calls and not to always be unavailable when a parent needs to now whats going on with their own children,be available for us as you wish for us to be for the school when they ask for donations.

Posted November 18, 2008
St. Malachy is a great school. Everyone is like one big family, they strive to help the children in every way. I have two children that attend St. Malachy and I couldn't have made a better choice for their education. They are a small school and the tuition is the lowest in Philadelphia. They strive to help their students and are always looing for ways to better their children. My son is currently in the 8th grade and they have made my high school search a smooth and informative one. I have learned so much that I have never known about higher education from their Principal, Guidance Couselor, teachers and staff. I thank St. Malachy for really caring about our inner city youth and I challenge them to keep up the good work!

Posted August 06, 2008
This school is a wonderful place for my children. The teachers are wonderful and the administration has been excellent with my family.

St Malachy School