Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,615

Posted October 27, 2014
Archbishop Ryan is a fantastic school where the faculty and staff care about the teenagers that are under their care. Their theater and sports programs, along with all of their extra-curricular activities elevate the school above and beyond the other high schools in the area.The school seems large at first but it is easy to navigate and the co-educational system allows healthy competition for academic standings between both young men and women that attend there.

Posted February 10, 2014
Honestly, the staff in this school are terrible ! The south side of the school ( where the tuition is paid) everyone is lovely. Any other office if full of miserable individuals. They give you problems for anything and I do agree that it's more of a prison. We have a tracking system and the slower kids in slower tracks get not respect, they are treated like less than the honors and higher track students. AR does not prepare you for college and I HIGHLY do not recommend attending this school. There is barley any diversity in this school and the racial comments I've heard about other in my four years are horrible. I must say I'm more than happy about graduation this year

Posted October 17, 2013
Although this school has a terrific curriculum with many AP offerings, I just couldn't get a grip on what their mission was. I felt like it was a chaotic place and my daughter would not excel here. Something needs to be done to make the school appear more structured and organized. When we toured Ryan in 2011, my daughter was in grade 7. She is now a Freshman at St Huberts. I have nothing against Ryan, but my daughter preferred an All girls environment. Ryan didn't leave the same impression on her or myself that the area All Girls schools like Nazareth & St Basil's Academy and St Hubert's did. I think you have a lot to offer, but you need to market it better.

Posted March 06, 2012
i always wanted to go to this school but i am not sure if i am my parents are looking to send me to Masterman but i think this school is a much better choice for me.

Archbishop Ryan High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
ARHS is a wonderful high school that helps children grow and learn in an atmosphere that is safe and accepting of all ethnic backrounds. They receive a quality education by highly trained and motivated teachers.

Posted August 26, 2010
The first few days of school, when I sent my child to this school, he came back telling me that he was being bullied by many of the students that attend this school. At an instant, I transferred him to another school.

Archbishop Ryan High School 1

Posted March 06, 2010

Archbishop Ryan High School 3

Posted February 22, 2010
AR is a good school in all, but there are many things that need to be addressed. The rate of lockers being broken into is extremely high, and the faculty does nothing but blame the person who lost items saying 'they did not properly lock there lockers'

Archbishop Ryan High School 4

Posted January 14, 2009
Archbishop Ryan is a great school. Contrary to the other reviews, the school is not very diverse BUT it is improving. I am african american. My freshman year there were only about 15-20 of us out of about 2500 students Trust me; no exaggerating, we all knew each other. As long as you get involved and participate in any way that you can you will not feel lonely at this school. The teachers even invite you to join clubs if the see that you are lonely or even unenthusiastic. If you want your child to have a dose of the real world send them to Ryan. I guarantee they will become well rounded individuals. I never thought I would say this my freshman year but here I am!

Posted January 21, 2008

Archbishop Ryan High School
11201 Academy Road, Philadelphia, PA  19154
Last modified Archbishop Ryan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Ryan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top