Philadelphia, PA

Posted October 03, 2014
Our Lady of Hope provides a demanding and rigorous education grounded in the Catholic Faith. Excellence is our hallmark. We are a faith filled community built on values and morals. In today's worlds, kids need a solid grounding in both academics as well as in values and morals. OLH offers loving and caring setting for the whole student: mind, body and spirit. Who wouldn't want this?

Our Lady of Hope 2

Posted August 22, 2014
i am a student that went here a few years ago and asked for my records when i was in 8th grade at a PUBLIC school and they would not give them to me because we owe them tuition .. and its messing up my education because i need some of those records for the school im going to now and whats messed up is i have to repeat the 9th grade because of it i rate this school a 2 they are very stuck up people .. and someone told me if they dont give me my records that i can sue them is this true cause if so i will be suing!

Posted June 07, 2013
The only thing good about this school is that it is safe, sadly my granddaughter is not a favorite, when you are not a favorite the slightest thing you do is compared to a mortal sin. A favorite student can do anything they want and its overlooked, checks and parent notifications are given out constantly The favoritism is blatant , from faculty and principal. Teachers, as I understand it are not certified and it shows. Teachers are miserable, except to the parents that fall all over them, and we are paying a high price for this. Trying very hard to get this child out she went from a child who loved school to one whose confidence is destroyed and hates going. Hope we can get her out before its too late.

Posted July 12, 2012
This school is not great. It is fantastic in keeping the children safe, but the principal and staff show a huge amount of favoritism. If your child gets in trouble and you believe the kid not the teachers, they automatically pick on you. The children thats parents are friendly with the principal and staff only are liked and favorited. All the rest of the kids are left out and treated like dirt. My cousin was told to clean someone elses desk that that person was standing right next to it! I rate this school 1 star becasue it is completely unsatisfactory.

Posted November 28, 2011
I have all 3 of my children enrolled and have been completely satisfied with Epiphany of Our Lord. The school has recently achieved Blue Ribbon Status due to its consistently high test averages which is no surprise to me. My kids are flourishing. The environment is one of higher learning, respect for self and peers, and love of god. I am happy to pay the small tuition charged, in comparison to other private schools of the same caliber it is a bargain.

Posted November 11, 2011
My children started their second year at Epiphany. The first year the teacher was horrible. I thought it was just the teacher so I sent them again this year. It is a repeat from last year. This school does not care about the kids as a whole only the kids that the staff is friendly with the parents. I will not be going back a third year. I would not recommended this school to a child unless the parent is friends with the staff....I had to a least give this school one star if it were up to me it would not even rate!!!

Posted June 28, 2011
Epiphany of Our Lord School works to bring each child to his or her fullest potential. What makes this school such a success is the commitment of parents, faculty, staff, stakeholders, and administration to providing the children with a quality and rigorous Catholic education.

Posted September 27, 2010
I have children who attend Epiphany and both my husband and I are very pleased with this school. All the teachers have either their bachlor of science degree or masters degree and the school is rated number 1 for over all performance. Can't say the same for the other Catholic Schools in South Philly. We just know when we are in the school that this is the school for our children. The teachers are all very consistent with their niceness and they genuinly care about the children. The principal is truly a class act. We love what they are offering our children as learning tools so you may want to consider this school. PS I am a fussy parent!

Posted February 21, 2010
Epiphany of Our Lord School is by far the greatest Catholic elementary school in the South Philadelphia area. I am so blessed that my children attend a school with such a wonderful faculty and staff. The school community is truly a family. Our pastor and principal are remarkable. Besides a rigorous curriculum the after school clubs and sports programs are second to none. If you are shopping around for a school make sure to look here. You won't be disappointed.

Posted February 17, 2010
Can't say enough good things about Epiphany. My children are receiving a great education, the school is extremly safe & Miss Cody and all of the teachers make you feel like family. Anytime I stop to consider any of the are Charter schools I just could not bring myself to pull my children out of Epiphany. As long as Miss Cody is the principle and runs the school as it is now my children will be staying put.

1248 Jackson Street, Philadelphia, PA  19148