Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,136

Father Judge High School 2

Posted March 27, 2015
Education is mediocre, but it's better than the public school alternatives. It is not worth the tuition. I would recommend moving to a better school district where you can get a better education for free.

Posted October 04, 2014
Father Judge is a great school for young men. I felt my son received an excellent education at FJ. He was accepted to every college that he applied to and he earned a share of the 22 Million that his graduating class was awarded in scholarships. The school does have a rich tradition in athletics, but I do not feel that academics are sacrificed for this. The boys really get behind the Judge teams and supports them, but I don't feel the school would look favorably on letting this steer them away from their #1 priority of education. Perhaps this was a concern of the past, but I did not experience any of it during my son's time at the school. I have no regrets about our son's choice to attend Judge. My husband and I have no other connections to Judge other than our son being a student there. He is determined to finish his degree and get a great job with hopes of giving back to Judge someday! He said to me the other day when he read about the 2.5 million dollar donation, "I want to be able to do that for Judge someday! " Judge laid the groundwork for future success, and I know my son's dreams will come true!

Father Judge High School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
Father Judge is a safe school. However it is not good. They focus more on athletics more than anything else. I was not able to afford this school anymore and my family asked the school if they could lower our tuition. I had ho.ors and a pefrect dicipline record. They said "we camt afford to help". The next momth, my best friend got a full scholarship for football. (Athletic scholarships are not allowed). They are liars and cheaters there. I have a very strong legacy at father judge with regards to my family. And father judge is just a mediocre school that doesnt prepare you for college at all. They have a great teaching staff but they dont challenge the students. They will keep raising tuition in order to break off from the archdiocese so they will be able to give athletic scholarships like Lasalle or St. joes prep. Only focused on sports. Bad school.

Posted August 13, 2013
As a parent I am pleased with Father Judge HS. I feel my son is challenged and is prepared to apply for college. I think it is a great school and looking back, a good decision!

Posted September 07, 2012
great school . graduated in 1965 . my son in 1998, we still tell stories about the school. great times.. iam retired and he is doing great in the work force. thanks Judge......

Father Judge High School

Posted March 04, 2008
Father Judge is a good school, however it is not great. The students and administration are focused more on athletics then academics. Also, there is no diversity in the school, which is a negative

Posted April 14, 2006
great school. best option in ne philly.

Posted October 05, 2004
I give Father Judge 5 Stars. My son will be graduating this year. He has had an excellent education there. He has made so much progress, not only academically, but socially, spiritually, and emotionally as well. He started out in the Achieve program, a program for students who need help academically. He now has a cumulative average of 3.7 He is in the process of applying to colleges, and hopes to win a scholarship. I cannot say enough kind words about the dedicated faculty at Judge. Any young man considering Catholic high school in the Philadelphia area should consider Father Judge High School. Elizabeth Dieckman, CRNP

Posted August 22, 2003
One of the best experiences in my life. Father Judge High School completely set me on a new track for life. The teachers, the environment all of it, any student should be so lucky to have this as their high school experience

Father Judge High School
3301 Solly Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19136
Last modified Father Judge High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Father Judge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top