Philadelphia, PA

Posted February 19, 2010

Posted November 23, 2009

Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School 0

Posted April 23, 2008
I am a former student of Holy Innocents and I could not be more pleased with the education and guidance I received while I was in attendance. My father was overseas in the Iraq war while I was in school and my teacher, a nun by the name of Sister Catherine, was amazing. She was very helpful when I needed an ear and was completely understand when I lashed out. I completed my Holy Communion there and if I ever move back to Juniata Park Holy Innocents is the school I will send my children to. I am not putting down public school education seeing as I did graduate from a public high school. However, the foundation I received at Holy Innocents was why I was able to graduate in the first place.

Posted March 27, 2006

Posted March 07, 2006
Holy Innocents School provides students with a good education. My child attends learning support classes so he can go at his own pace. The school has been able to provide transportation and after-school care, and I can work to support his education. The Home and School Association provides many good activities for the students and families. The faculty and administration truly care for the students at Holy Innocents School.

Posted February 01, 2006

Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted November 05, 2005
I am a former teacher at Holy Inn. Get your child out while you can! The leadership is a joke. The principal does not know anything about instruction or children. I went to public school and am constantly amazed at how well organized and staffed that is - all I heard at Holy Inn was how bad public school is! If you have the option, send your child somewhere else.

Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2005
This school was a great school at one time but has recently taken a dive. I thought so many times, what am I paying for, the only thing i saw differently was that they have a religion class. A relative of mine whos daughter goes to a public school seems to have a more diverse schedule at school and seems to like it alot more than my daughter likes this school. As far as conduct in that school it is a joke, children get away with way to much especially bullying. I dont' think my daughter has been challenged enough in this school. She is a A student and is very unhappy, so we are pulling her out this year to be at a better school. I feel like all Holy Innocents did this year was take my money. With the increase of tution most of us cant' afford it.

Posted February 26, 2005

Posted April 27, 2004
the tuition for this school is among the lowest in the city. it is the lowest in the area. they work hard to keep costs down. parents also work hard contributing to fundraisers and volunteering. the religious education is outstanding but the math and stuff isn't well organized with everyone teaching different things. my 2nd grader complains that the other 2nd grade class has been doing their times tables and they're not. but he finished learning cursive already and the other class isn't. I worry that could cause problems in later grades with 1/2 the kids playing catch up and the other 1/2 having to wait. I wanted the best education for my kids possible. I kinda feel like I'm getting it but sometimes I'm not as sure. overall I'd have to give the school a great rating. the staff is wonderful and they realy care about the kids.

Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School
1312 East Bristol Street, Philadelphia, PA  19124
Last modified Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Innocents Area Catholic Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top