Philadelphia, PA

Posted April 26, 2011
This was the best school my children ever attended, it was a family. Everyone cared about your children.I was so sad to see it close. May God bless all of Holy Name's staff and the families touched by them. Father Greg will always have a special place in my family's heart.

Posted September 18, 2009
My child is going to Name for the first time this year and absolutly loves it. He likes his teachers and is actually excited about learning. We love Holy Name.

Posted March 15, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from holy name of jesus and i think that that school was a good school. I know that if it wasnt for most of the teachers ther then i wouldnt be were i am today. I only graduated in 2004 and i pam allready going places in my life , they helped me get into a wonderful high school with many scholarships and i am very proud to say i graduated from holy name of jesus!

Holy Name of Jesus 1

Posted December 16, 2005
Holy Name of Jesus is a horrible school. The only reason I send my child to this joke of a school is because the public schools in the city of Philadelphia are so bad.

Posted November 16, 2005
- a former student
The quality of education at HNJ is good. Teachers follow a curriculum. Some children can learn easily and some children have a difficult time. Children that have problems learning are given special attention. I believe parents should be aware of their childrens'learning problems. Our new principal is wonderful, very caring and a good disciplinarian. Sister has started a childrens' choir. CYO is available to children in the higher grades. Parent involvement is not very good. It's always the same parents that get involved. More parent involvement would improve ths school.

Posted November 15, 2005
I believe Holy Name School is as good as any other archdiocesean elementary school in the area. In speaking with other parents from different schools each school has their own strengths and weakness. Holy Name of Jesus was at one time a school which had 2 classrooms per grade, now it is one classroom per grade. Although it was the first Catholic elementary school in the area to provide pre-school programs along with full-time kindergarten programs. However with the rise in everyday cost of living people can no longer afford to pay the high tuition cost today. Music, Art, sports and many others are offered to the children. You can never have enough parental involvment when it comes to your children.

Holy Name of Jesus 3

Posted November 15, 2005
Holy Name is a good school. I think some parents are judging too harsh on the teachers. Yes, some teachers do not have control over CERTAIN children, but I believe and I am sure many other people believe discipline begins at home.

Posted October 30, 2005

Holy Name of Jesus 2

Posted May 01, 2005
Holy Name of Jesus is a pretty good school. The academic programs are very poor in quality and quantity. Extracurricular activities- alright. but not enough! Parent involvement - slim to none.

Holy Name of Jesus