PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My husband and I are very happy with the education our two children are getting at HS. My son is in 8th grade and is well prepared for high school-his fellow classmates and him have been accepted at some of the top schools -I know they would not have done so well on the placement test without HS's excellent preparation. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly. Most importantly my children are very happy!

My child was in Holy Spirit up until last year. I have only negative things to say about it. No gym, no proper recess, no communication with principal or teachers. On a happier note we are in another catholic school and there is no mandatory fundraiser, there is also no give ten dollars to church every week. This parish only wants your money. Please there are alot better schools out there and I found one. My sons school has a proper gym, lunch room, science lab, home economics with full kithen. Teachers are wonderful and care about your children. My son smiles when he comes out of school. Last year all he did was cry and say he didnt like his school.

Easy parking. Education is mediocre. Relatively safe, although staff and principal don't seem prepared to deal with serious discipline issues that disrupt classes. Some teachers are ok and others scream at the kids all day long, even when they are not acting up. The curriculum has almost no arts and the after school program is nothing.They sit the kids for 2.5 hours until pick up. It has no indoor or outdoor patio, so the kids only option for recess is to play in the hallway or the parking lot in the summer. This school was recommended to me by near by parents but I am very disappointed to find that there is nothing special about this school. I will definitely be pulling my child from the school next year to place her in a more challenging environment.

This school is a true gem. The location is great the school is wonderful, full lunch program, after school program etc. The teachers really care about the students. The Home and School really tries to keep the children together and does a lot of activities. Wonderful people graduated from this school and are very successful. Please consider my vote and this wonderful school.

Holy Spirit is not a culturally competent school. The schoool invites various ethnicies, however they are imparshal and not directly inviting. When it comes to education they are average. They don't specifically communicate with the parents regarding the dangers signs of your child failing. However you will get an ocassional letter home regarding danger signs of failing by that your child's report card is on the way home. Over the summer break there was no assignments set home by the school. As soon as school started my child was set home with a book report assignment that was to be have been completed over summer break. For the second year in a row my daughter have not recieved her Teranova test scores. I have been calling the school and all they could reply was that it might have got lost by the district.

I was the class of 2009, and holy spirit was like a home away from home the teachers the students all were welcoming and made you feel safe :)

Decent education and community oriented. Children are well behaved. Strong emphasis in religious education at least in the pre-k and K grades. Easy parking and access.

Last modified Holy Spirit School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8