Philadelphia, PA

Posted June 02, 2015
Both of my daughters and my nieces all graduated from John W. Hallahan Catholic Girls’ High School. When my daughters were going into high school, there was no question which school they would attend. Hallahan is the oldest all girls catholic high school in the country. To me, there is nothing like a catholic school education. The discipline, the academics, the overall structure – it’s all there. My girls thrived in Hallahan, they formed last friendships. The girls are thought to be strong, independent women. I also like the fact that girls from all over the city and outside of the city attend Hallahan. I would recommend to any girl at the high school level.

Posted August 13, 2013
I am extremely excited for my daughter who will begin her Hallahan experience is just a few short weeks!

Posted September 06, 2012
My daughter loves school! Her teachers, all of her great friends from all over the city of Philadelphia. As she enters her Senior year I am truly amazed, grateful and honored that my daughter R.A.N had the priviledge to attend John W. Hallahan, the oldest catholic girls school in the country. I know that her education, experience and true love of Hallahan, has helped guide and mold her into the beautiful woman she has become. Thank you! Mrs O' Grady.......

Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School 1

Posted July 17, 2011
i went there i did not like it. the staff was mediocre and a lot of students like to start drama. there are some nice students there though. the school is extremely strict.

Posted July 05, 2011
Great school, the students are very sweet and well disciplined and smart. The college graduate rate attending from Hallahan is extremely high, one of the best in PA, definitly the best in Philadelphia

Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School

Posted July 28, 2009
this school is great for any girl...who loves drama. the school does have good spirit but there are too many fights and annoyances in the school. i currently attend here and it's not exactly a grade A school. testing's are for the most part average, kind of low. the school itself is extremely crampt and very old (but then again it is a catholic school). the staff isn't that great, but anyways (sorry i have horribly spelling and writting problems!) the school gets better throught the year for each person. although i do not exactly like this school it is a much better choice then little flower, cardinal dougherty, and west catholic, wich are other popular philadelphia school's. (sorry for the mixed review! just everything i thought put into one ....long comment!)

Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School 4

Posted July 01, 2009
My daughter graduated in 2009, This school was great i can not comment on sports, etc because she was not into that type of stuff, the guidanace office is not great, and forget about ever getting in contact with the tuition office, the staff is ok not so helping but the school was great for my daughter, my niece also graduated 2009, I have another niece that will be graduating in 2013, and a host of cousins that attended

Posted January 05, 2008
This school offers great activites and has an excellent academic program. The [relationships] at Hallahan is a sisterhood and it's a very fun and delightful exprience.

Posted November 15, 2005
I went to Hallahan as did my sisters, mother, and aunts. It was great. The faculty is amazing as is the choice in sports, language and business.

Posted September 04, 2004
I am a graduate of Hallahan and am extremely excited about my daughter attending this year. The school is cozy and small but the girls have big spirits and hearts. It is truly a sisterhood. Hallahan encourages young women to be empowered, spiritual, and citizens of the international community. If you take advantage of all the school has to offer, success is guaranteed. I look forward to working with the staff to make my daughter's experience there more memorable and rewarding than mine.

Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School
311 North 19th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19103
Last modified Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Jw Hallahan Catholic Girls' High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top