Mercy Vocational High School 2

Posted November 04, 2013
I was disapointed in what I saw after visiting. I was under the impression that the programs were more usable in todays world. Sorry but I will keep looking for a place to send my son next year!

Posted October 22, 2013
This is the perfect school for my son, who is an only child. He has matured into a fine young man, with the help of Mercy. The staff are really great people who genuinely care for the students. The students make great efforts to get along, and race is not an issues. This is a very family oriented school, where in my opinion any child can and will succeed. The trades offered are very important, considering today's economy. Each student has an opportunity to walk away with a valuable skill and step into the working world almost immediately with the necessary tools from MVHS. With the high cost of college nowadays, having a child who can financially prepare him/herself a little bit, is a wonderful thing. I have no regrets at all send my son to MVHS......Also, they give out a lot of scholarship money to every kid!

Mercy Vocational High School 4

Posted February 28, 2012
Mercy is a good school if you or your child is considering a trade, if college is part of your future goals I wouldn't choose Mercy as it is not a college prep school. However if you are eager to attend Mercy there are plenty of college prep programs not affilated with the school that you may want to look into. The teachers alll were willing to work with the students to help them succeed and make sure that you are always working at your full portential. The Co-op program is a great opportunity for you to put all your skills in action and some people are actually able to turn their co-op into a full time job after graduation! Mercy does open a lot of doors to great Career opportunities. You have various leadership & networking opportunites I would suggest taking advantage of every opportunity that comes your way wheter it's mentoring,community service or joining a team believe it or not they will all be great investments in your future!

Posted September 29, 2009
I am in my sophmore year at mercy, I've started my shop. I'm a Computer Tech. I love it here. I'm over joyed to wake up to come to school every morning and be surrounded by the great teachers and staff; who are willing to help you in as many ways possible.

Posted July 22, 2009

Mercy Vocational High School 4

Posted December 10, 2008
mercy is a great school if one of the shops they offer is what you want to do with your life. however, if your child plans to achieve a different career path after high school mercy is not the right school.

Posted August 29, 2006

Mercy Vocational High School 1

Posted May 01, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004
My daughter graduated in 1980 and Mercy was and is an excellent school. I found the Teachers dedicated and caring. They worked on improving the self image of the students and helped develope the student. Our middle daughter taught at Mercy for 16yrs. Mercy prepares the students for the working world or college. I have nothing but praise for the school.

Posted August 26, 2003
it's one of the finest schools - we put 4 kids through it and are very happy with them

Mercy Vocational High School
2900 West Hunting Park Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19129
Last modified Mercy Vocational High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Mercy Vocational High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top