1-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My children recently graduated from NAGS & my nieces/nephews currently attend. It is an EXCELLENT school that features a challenging curriculum that more than prepares students for high school! The current Principal is focused on one thing: the academic success of each child. The talents of each student are celebrated whether they are academic, musical or athletic. At least five teachers (that I know of) have their Masters, and many teachers bring years of teaching experience to the classroom every day. The parent association is a group of dedicated & hard working individuals who are united in their efforts to help support the students & the school with fun events. I strongly disagree with every statement posted on 7/7/16.... Some parents need to take their child's lead and NOT create their own foolish drama.
August 08, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Nazareth Academy Grade School is the best! They are integrating more technology in the classes. Their students graduate and enter the best high schools and then the best colleges. Each student is recognized for the effort with certificates, thank you, and pictures on the website. The staff is for each child and will do it's very best to see that each child succeeds. I would recommend this school to anyone who wishes the best for their child.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So many scholarships are awarded to students so we have great & inspiring teachers to thank for that!

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework in the upper grades is all about time management. Concentrating and getting work done at home in grade school helps students prepare for high school and college!!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty and integrity are highlighted in the classroom by teachers. My children have never complained about being treated unfairly. Most importantly, I would certainly want my child to be held accountable if necessary. Everyone makes mistakes and children need to learn from them.

Over the past 16 years my family's relationship with Nazareth Academy Grade School has been more than positive. I strongly disagree with the poster who disparaged the school. Comments that were made were either false or written in a way to fit an agenda. Our experiences were wonderful and continue to foster a family friendly atmosphere. You can't please everyone, but speaking from our experiences we are very happy with Nazareth Academy Grade School.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The environment encourages cliques, bullying and favoritism. Nepotism is rampant. Classroom management is poor and discipline is lacking .

While it is true that there are limited options in the city, NAGS should not even be a consideration. The school curriculum mirrors the common core curriculum of all Archdiocesan schools except class sizes are larger than many parish schools. The teachers are inconsistent in quality and few offer Master degrees. The environment is riddled with negativity, favoritism, cliques and rumors. Communication is poor and new families are often left clueless about school activities and traditions. Our child's class had 32 students and some were not able to even have a textbook. We spent four years actively participating in the school and fundraising and we were never included in the group of special families that influence the school dramatically. The school refuses to address the internal issues and they will not listen to the unhappy parents. My child excelled at NAGS but she was not challenged and she never received support for her gifts. I have never been treated with less kindness than by the current principle who claims to be a servant of God. There are many ways to invest in the education of a young child, but NAGS should not be one of them.

In this city you really don't have much of an option. You have to send your child to parish Catholic schools, which are truly only a minor step up from the public schools when it comes to curriculum. I feel the extra money is worth it for you child to attend NAGS. It is a very clean school, great learning environment, and it is the place where you want your child to grow up. The curriculum goes above normal standards and you can see the difference when comparing to other school children within your family or neighborhood when it comes to behavior. To me, education, values, behavior, and a family atmosphere is worth me breaking my back for my son to go there! By far, not everyone is rich or well to do. Just working people putting their money towards and good atmosphere for their child to learn and where they are welcome to be a part of it as a parent. Everyone knows each other. no other choice if you ask me!

Unlike the comment from August 28,2013 this school is amazing. My daughter went to a different school and I see a huge difference. My son thanks me everyday for sending him there. As far as the clique that's everywhere but at least here. Great bunch of kids. If august 28th had issue in high school she didn't apply herself in grade school or maybe to worried about the cliques. I highly recommend no other school except nazareth academy grade school, Philadelphia also teachers are wonderful

Last modified Nazareth Academy Grade School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8