St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 5

Posted September 02, 2014
St Athanasius is a great school with the BEST teachers. My granddaughter is in the 5th grade and she attended this school since kindergardent,. At that time PRE-K wasn't existence. Overall I love this school, how the teachers work with the parents and they always keep the parents informed about the school.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
My school is Saint Athanasius in Philadelphia, PA. It is a good community school. They could use more teachers to handle some students. Some students need more one on one attention.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 3

Posted October 24, 2012
My son attends this school and I agree with previous comments. Its way too many kids in a class and the students arent challenged enough. I compare home work with other school of my friends kids and they are doing more. At St. A's I find the the cirriculum is mediocre. I expected more. 35 kids in a class....insane!

Posted August 14, 2012
35 students for Kindergarten...INSANE This is the first aspect of poor quality education. Poor choice for educational institution.

Posted August 13, 2012
Class capacity way too high especially for tuition based school. Another aspect in the greed of the Archdiocese.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 5

Posted September 08, 2008
My Son graduated from this school and both me and my son are very satisfied with the education that he received at St. Athanasius. So much so that he has enrolled his children in the school so that they too can be well prepared for higher education.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 0

Posted September 04, 2008
my daughter is in the 6th grade and last year was her first year at St. A's. 5th grade was great and her teacher was excellent. My daughter has struggle in school and needed a more structured environmental with a more traditional teaching approach. She got that and she thrived. Her teacher was very supportive and understanding. She spent time assessing my child and together we worked on a plan that would strengthen my daughters academics. I found 5th grade at St. A's to be exactly what my daughter needed. I have very limited experience with the principal because I was able to work through all of my concerns with the teacher. I don't know what 6th grade will be like but I will be monitoring very closely.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 0

Posted March 01, 2008
This school is one among the best! My children are receiving the best education here.

Posted February 26, 2008
I was part of the first graduating class of St. Athanasius Immaculate Conception school in 1988, my little sister attended this school for 8 years and I am fortunate to be able to afford to send my son to this school. However I am seriously reconsidering my choice of schools. The first 6 years my son completed in this school was good with little bumps in the road. His grades were above average. However now that he is in the 7th grade there seems to be a problem with his work preformance. When I attempted to speak with the school principal, she blew it off as if my child was a total disruption to the class and to the school. His current teacher does not seem to have control of her class. This feeling is shared by many of the parent that have children in this class.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School 2

Posted July 17, 2007
My daughter just completed sixth grade and I too find that the class sizes have become to large, the curriculum isn't up to par and there is not enough support when a child is having trouble (ex. math labs etc). I was directed to some web sites when my child was having difficulty or told to get a tutor. I have always sacrificed to keep my daughter in this school and don't readily have funds available for 'extra' help. Agreeing with the other parents, in the younger grades, I thought it was fine, but as they got older, theres no activities and is beginning to seem like they're just trying to pack them in. The discipline has always been fine, but I'm afraid that if I send her to Public school, she to will have to catch up - There weren't many projects etc. and its true, the principle's ineffective.

St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School
7105 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Athanasius-Immaculate Conception School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top