9-12|Private
1,065 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

Once they get their money they are TRULY your bestfriend! But investors you miss that payment even of a small amount of money for tuition it's like, Who's this?

Excellent school. As a student, I can tell you that almost all of the teachers really care. Yes, some teachers can be a pain, and don't really care, but most guide you in the right path. The academics are stellar, and the sports are distinguished. Last year, the basketball team went 17-0, but lost in the championship. However, a ton of students were in our student section, decorated in purple and gold, cheering on the team. The school is in a great location, with easy access from anywhere in the city or suburbs. It can't have much more than 1,000 kids, as the school is somewhat small. The only complaint is that it's harder to meet girls than a co-ed school, which isn't a huge factor. Unless you're only goal for high school is to meet girls, absolutely consider Roman.

Awesome School!!!Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!!If you are Catholic or not!!!I am so happy I sent my boys here. The location is great and I am told by many center city businesses I know, that they love to hire boys from Roman!!!!!

Graduated a year and a half ago and was one of the best school experiences of my life. great sports programs and clubs, amazing students, and a caring and intelligent faculty. I am still close with my friends from Roman since day one, graduation, and today. really miss this school

I am very happy here at Roman Catholic High School for boys, .I am about to begin Sr year!

I went to Roman Catholic from 1995-1999; it was inspiring and I was very prepared for college. The teachers are invested in students' academic performance. I went on to graduate from Hampton Univ. and join the US Army as a 2LT. Now I'm preparing to be promoted to a Major this year. Roman reinforced the discipline and education that was fostered by my family. I'm thankful that I attended "Catholic High"; the poor kid from West Philly in a man of honor, intergrity, patriotism, and faith.

Really NOT worth the money! My son had a teacher who spent all her time on her phone! It's over-crowded and they really need to take the Catholic off the door becasue they are the least Catholic people I have ever met.

As a student transferring from a co-ed school I was not very impressed. I had heard about "how great of a school it is". I did get involved in sports and clubs when i got there, but still the kids weren't very accepting. It was more of a "why did you even transfer" attitude. There is no "school spirit" feeling. It feels like all work and no play. My high school i transferred from had fun events going on(field trips, dress down days, talent show, spirit night, etc..). Roman didn't do anything fun like that. Teachers were OK. Nothing spectacular. Save your money. It's not really worth it.

Absolutely fantastic. Roman provides a supportive environment for growth while challenging students with advanced curriculum. I daresay, based the previous reviews, that the Roman experience is not for all young men, but personally I would not have been happy anywhere else. Excellent staff, challenging and innovative courses. My only personal complaint was about the size; the administration wants to enlarge the student body, but the building is the same size! The addition of the annex building has helped, but a little more elbow room would have been fantastic. Otherwise, nearly flawless. And "fowl" language? Come on; its an ALL BOYS school, what would you expect?!

I have never been so disappointed in anything in my entire life. Athletics are really strong, and was really the only saving grace. They really do rally the boys together, and the camaraderie amoung them is a beautiful thing. Academically, however, it's another story. If your son is a VERY good student, I'm sure he'll be fine.... but a good solid "B" student will find he will not be prepared for college. Teachers: a few REALLY great ones, but most (MOST) of the teachers our son has had have been WAY below expectations. Most of the teachers use fowl language with the boys (in a casual manner)..I'm no prude, but school is not the place for this! Shop around. Save up for private school..you'll be better off!

Last modified Roman Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12