Philadelphia, PA
Students enrolled: 1,065

Roman Catholic High School 4

Posted September 20, 2014
Excellent school. As a student, I can tell you that almost all of the teachers really care. Yes, some teachers can be a pain, and don't really care, but most guide you in the right path. The academics are stellar, and the sports are distinguished. Last year, the basketball team went 17-0, but lost in the championship. However, a ton of students were in our student section, decorated in purple and gold, cheering on the team. The school is in a great location, with easy access from anywhere in the city or suburbs. It can't have much more than 1,000 kids, as the school is somewhat small. The only complaint is that it's harder to meet girls than a co-ed school, which isn't a huge factor. Unless you're only goal for high school is to meet girls, absolutely consider Roman.

Posted June 12, 2014
Awesome School!!!Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!!If you are Catholic or not!!!I am so happy I sent my boys here. The location is great and I am told by many center city businesses I know, that they love to hire boys from Roman!!!!!

Posted October 08, 2013
Graduated a year and a half ago and was one of the best school experiences of my life. great sports programs and clubs, amazing students, and a caring and intelligent faculty. I am still close with my friends from Roman since day one, graduation, and today. really miss this school

Roman Catholic High School 4

Posted August 13, 2013
I am very happy here at Roman Catholic High School for boys, .I am about to begin Sr year!

Posted May 31, 2013
I went to Roman Catholic from 1995-1999; it was inspiring and I was very prepared for college. The teachers are invested in students' academic performance. I went on to graduate from Hampton Univ. and join the US Army as a 2LT. Now I'm preparing to be promoted to a Major this year. Roman reinforced the discipline and education that was fostered by my family. I'm thankful that I attended "Catholic High"; the poor kid from West Philly in a man of honor, intergrity, patriotism, and faith.

Roman Catholic High School 1

Posted July 13, 2012
Really NOT worth the money! My son had a teacher who spent all her time on her phone! It's over-crowded and they really need to take the Catholic off the door becasue they are the least Catholic people I have ever met.

Roman Catholic High School 3

Posted June 22, 2012
As a student transferring from a co-ed school I was not very impressed. I had heard about "how great of a school it is". I did get involved in sports and clubs when i got there, but still the kids weren't very accepting. It was more of a "why did you even transfer" attitude. There is no "school spirit" feeling. It feels like all work and no play. My high school i transferred from had fun events going on(field trips, dress down days, talent show, spirit night, etc..). Roman didn't do anything fun like that. Teachers were OK. Nothing spectacular. Save your money. It's not really worth it.

Posted August 17, 2011
Absolutely fantastic. Roman provides a supportive environment for growth while challenging students with advanced curriculum. I daresay, based the previous reviews, that the Roman experience is not for all young men, but personally I would not have been happy anywhere else. Excellent staff, challenging and innovative courses. My only personal complaint was about the size; the administration wants to enlarge the student body, but the building is the same size! The addition of the annex building has helped, but a little more elbow room would have been fantastic. Otherwise, nearly flawless. And "fowl" language? Come on; its an ALL BOYS school, what would you expect?!

Roman Catholic High School 2

Posted July 22, 2010
I have never been so disappointed in anything in my entire life. Athletics are really strong, and was really the only saving grace. They really do rally the boys together, and the camaraderie amoung them is a beautiful thing. Academically, however, it's another story. If your son is a VERY good student, I'm sure he'll be fine.... but a good solid "B" student will find he will not be prepared for college. Teachers: a few REALLY great ones, but most (MOST) of the teachers our son has had have been WAY below expectations. Most of the teachers use fowl language with the boys (in a casual manner)..I'm no prude, but school is not the place for this! Shop around. Save up for private school..you'll be better off!

Posted June 29, 2010
When I began research on high schools in the seventh grade, I had convinced myself that a private, prep school would be the best choice. Roman is just as good and, dare I say it, or better than every other school. The academics are superb, the athletics excellent, the faculty and staff are second to none in their respective fields. Before attending Catholic High, I was quite shy; now, I am able to speak and perform in front of people. It gave me so many opportunities. I love it; it's my second home.

Roman Catholic High School
301 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA  19107
Last modified Roman Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Roman Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top