St. Timothy School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $107,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $960.

Sweep tile

Posted July 4, 2013

The school is worth the money, in my opinion. Especially when compared to the other choices. Each year my child worries about leaving her favorite teacher as she passes along to the next grade, only to find that she'll have a new favorite teacher by the end of the next year. And along the way, she is learning great moral lessons, and her education increases by the day. Her teachers have had made enough of an impression on her, that she visits the ones from previous grades. She can never get enough of her friends, and she loves learning. As good as I think the school is though, I think a lot of a child's experience is going to be based upon how you raise them. Are you preparing them for socializing? Do you make learning a fun and enjoyable thing? Do you give them the confidence to stand on their own? Without these kids of things, no teacher can succeed, because that is something that is taught every minute of the day.

Posted April 24, 2013

St. Timothy administration turned a blind eye to ethnic intimidation. Beware if you are a African American and are interested in this school. Also, the cirriculum leaves a lot to be desired. Not the way catholic eduction used to be at all.

Posted June 15, 2011

KaSaint Timothy school has sure changed since when I went there yrs ago, I have 2 children in St Tims & I am very disappointed with the school. The teachers just dont care like they used too!! Its quite obvious the teachers are only there for one thing and thats a pay check, I shouldnt say that about all teachers because my son's 2nd grade teachers are great but I can't say the same thing for my other son's 7th grade teachers. My child was even called terrible names by his teacher. I just thank God we are moving and my children will not be returning to that school. Also bulling is not very controlled in this school they say they will handle it but not much is done.

Posted January 28, 2011

I have 2 children in St. Tims right now. My daughter will be graduating in June. She has loved her time there and is sad to see it end. At this point, I feel that she is prepared for high school. My son is in 2nd grade and so far I have no complaints with his progress. Like his sister, he too loves the school. I am also a STS graduate and am glad we chose to send our kids there. I am also a true believer that a student makes the school!!

Posted November 21, 2010

Both of my children went to St. Tim's from K thru 8. Overall, I feel the school is satisfactory. There were a few times over the years I had to go to the principle's office and it was a waste of time. You received more attention if you were a parent that is in the "in" crowd if you know what I'm saying. I feel the school does not prepare the children for high school. I was especially disappointed in 8th grade. It seemed that the year was totally wasted. They did hardly any work and never had homework. When I questioned this, I was told they do the work in school. It is a little overwhelming for the children when they get to high school and actually have to work for their grades. I can say that there are many activities at the school including sports,dances, skating, etc. This makes for a good social environment.

Posted October 9, 2010

Saint Timothy School is a place for students to learn in a safe, loving and fun environment. A school of excellence and service where respect is taught and faith lived.

Posted October 10, 2008

this school is bad. the teachers are nasty and never smily. they are very ignoring including the principle and the secretaries seem to run the school. very cold inconsiderate people. my child went there for three years and is scared of everyone there and has school stress related problems. i tried to talk to the principle but no help. they dont want to take responsibility for anything and refused to help. we are looking for another school.

Posted September 5, 2008

St Timoty's is a great school for chilrdrens social activities and the maturity of the other parents is quite good also (thats right I said parents). However, that is where my praise ends. Three of my children went to St Timothy's and all of them got striaght A's but, when homework time came it was clearly evident that they did not understand the material. When we brought this up to the teacher we were politely brushed off and told that our childrens grades did not reflect our concerns. Only when our oldest went on to high school was the true extent of the deficit in her learning fully realized. With tutoring she was able to catch up to her counterparts from other parrish schools. Shame on you St Timothy's!

Posted August 28, 2008

I am a St. Timothy's parent who is very pleased with the school. My daughter came from public school and the difference in education is like night and day! I don't believe you can truly appreciate the quality of education if you don't have a point of comparison. My daughter came to St. Tim's in third grade and she was about a year behind in terms of education, handwriting, etc. She had to work very hard to catch up, but she had a supportive teacher who helped her succeed. I am thrilled with what St. Tim's has done for my daughter and look forward to sending all of my children there.

Posted June 8, 2008

My son is entering second grad at Saint Tim's. He went to public school for PK, K and half of first grade and then transferred midway through last year to St. Tim's. I am very pleased with this school so far. My son's handwriting has drastically improved and he has learned quite a bit more than they are teaching in public. Alsothe teachers were quick to pick up on a speech problem and got him into the appropriate workshops.

Posted May 6, 2008

I am not happy with the school. Kindergarten was great, but in the next few years I have had numerous complaints about the school. They havent met my expectations to a school I want my child to attend. I want safty, security, higher education and parent teacher communication is important to me. I am dissapointed and I am working on enrolling my child into a new school.

Posted September 5, 2007

This is the worst school.....we sent our son for 7 years only because we had to (the public school in the area is atrocious). St. Tim's isn't that far behind...the teachers are lazy and incompetent. Kindergarten was the only good year we had at this school.

Posted January 26, 2007

My daughter attends ST. TIMs. many of the teachers are very good and help the students as much as they can , others just don`t have a clue. Bullying has taken a foot hold and the principle and vice principle are turning a blind eye to it. when this school year ends my daughter is going somewhere else next year!

Posted September 8, 2006

This is a wonderful school. The teachers are very much educated on the care and directing of children. My husband graduated from this school over 30years ago and now our son is entering kindergarten and our daughter 1st grade. They have many after school activities and they have a wonderful ccd class. Thy need a few more volunteers, but overall outstanding!

Posted May 16, 2006

This school is very involved with parent/teacher relationships. It has plenty of after school activities.

Posted January 12, 2006

I have a third grader in this school and I must say that overall I am pretty satisfied with the school as a whole. The teachers so far have been very involved in my daughters growth, which is very pleasing.

Posted November 18, 2005

My daughter is in kindergarten here, and it is an unbealivable school. My child has learned so much since started her year. She is learning to read, and i can not believe the how fast this is happeneing. Her teacher this year is great, so where the teachers she had in pre k. This school offers kindergarteners computers, music, gym, art, paint, all kinds of things. I love this school, and you will too. Everyone that works here are the nicest, caring people, they will help you in whatever they can. It is truly an excellent school.

Posted March 3, 2004

I would say that while I can agree on the statement that schools are only as good as the teachers that they have I must also say that a child will only learn if they want to and it does not matter who is teaching them. I believe that St. Tim's is a very good school. I guess if I didn't think so my child would not be attending there. I have not had a bad experience with this school and I happen to like all the teachers that I have met this far. I believe that all schools are over crowded and that the teachers can only do what they can when they have a large class to take care of.

Posted September 25, 2003

St Timothy school is only as good or bad as the teacher your child is assigned to. It's a real gamble since some teachers are very good while others are not and the administration stands by the teachers right or wrong...parents are clearly considered the enemy.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious