Posted October 04, 2014
I lasted one year at this horrible school. I would have left sooner if my parents allowed me. For some reason everyone seemed to think I was going to grow to love it. The open house was amazing, after my first day of school, I knew I would not graduate from LF. Most of the girls from my grade school who started here, have left too. It is cliquey,. If you are an outcast, the administration doesn't want to hear about the horrible things that happen to girls on the buses to and from school. , because the girls causing the problems are sneaky enough to act sweet as apple pie around the faculty and school administrators. There is no one to go to for help if you feel mistreated at LF. The teachers have their favorites and that is that. I am so sad that I will only be attending my amazing new school for 3 years instead of 4. It is another all girls school. I have only been there a month and I have met so many new friends who don't care if I don't drink, they don't either. This school should have closed years ago. The only thing keeping it open is the money they throw at people to come there. My mom gave it up and paid more for me to be happy, Thank GOD!

Posted October 04, 2014
This school needs to get up to speed. Academics in comparison to other Archdiocesan high schools is substandard. The administration and alumni board are pompous and complacent. The neighborhood is horrible. Bullying is a problem. And worst off, the staff and administration think LF is perfect. LF counts financial aide into their Senior scholarship totals. Much of this money is not awarded based on academics but financial need. Other high schools have students who are awarded money for academic excellence to very prestigious colleges. LF students move on to CCP or JR college. When your daughter goes to LF, they will follow all of the LF rules a LF will tell them who they are and they will conform. It's a very outdated educational mission, that reminds of my grandmom's stories about her high school experience. LF won't give you the opportunity to grow, whatever they say goes, don't question it. Just comply. I am sure this outdated mission explains the continuous decline in enrollment. The school does not have 747 students as listed on the top of the page. They are closer to 500. That dishonesty from a Catholic School should be enough to steer you away!

Little Flower Catholic High School 3

Posted September 26, 2014
Although I have not graduated yet, I somewhat agree to the previous post. The school attracts freshmen by selling them the "we are sisters" line. No. Most of the students are heavy drinkers INCLUDING at least 50% of the SGA. Mostly cliques and two faced people. At least one of your 4 years will be plagued with the dealings of Mrs.Schenk, so beware. The school has terrible resources and leaves the students freezing during 50% of the winter (strangely enough, administration offices are heated.) It's basically just a big show, and if you ever came to an Open house or assembly you'll understand. However, it isn't all bad. Sometimes it's fun (when they don't force the 'rules' down our throat as much) But the best part has to be the retreats and graduation...

Posted September 15, 2013
I'm a graduate of LF and I urge anyone even thinking about sending their daughter here to not buy the hype and avoid this place like the Plague - even their Open Houses. I wish I had a choice in my day to go to another high school because if I had, Little Flower wouldn't have been a thought to me. Teachers and administrators play favorites, the academics are substandard in every sense of the word, the neighborhood has been horrible for years and continues getting worse, and the extra-curricular activities aren't much. Most of all, this school does not teach anything that students can take with them into the real world. Things are so desperate at this school that they've even taken to form an Alumnae School Band and invite every generation of gradates to every school function (I'm surprised they don't hold an Alumnae Prom at this rate). For whatever reason, these people believe they're the only ones around with "school spirit." That can be found anywhere. I learned nothing of value at this school and I see nothing has changed.

Posted August 18, 2013
I am currently a student at Little Flower and we are truly a family. As soon as I steeped into those doors , it felt like home . It was my first time in a catholic school , coming from public school LF made my transition very smooth and comfortable ! The neighborhood respects the school, no incidents have occurred with the school and neighborhood. The environment also gives girls a chance to see different backgrounds and LF is very mixed as on cultural wise , which I believe is great !

Posted December 17, 2012
I am a 2012 graduate of Little Flower and I can honestly say that attending Little Flower was a great choice. The teachers are wonderful and always there to help in any way that they can. It's a shame, truly, that most parents look down on the school because of the location. The school provides Septa buses that drop you off right in front of the school so there's really no need to worry. I always felt safe at that school and they're always practicing drills so if anything, God forbid, did happen, everyone would be prepared. Also, I believe that this school is great academically. I was constantly being challenged but it was worth it. I am now attending Temple University in my first semester and am doing extremely well thanks to Little Flower. Although the teachers and academics are amazing, I would have to say that the spirit is really the best part of the school. Mostly every girl at the school adores it and really takes pride in it. The girls are also extremely nice and accepting; you won't be able to find that at Ryan or Hubert's. If you're looking for a great catholic high school then you should choose Little Flower. It really is an amazing school. Forever we will be true!

Posted October 15, 2012
I am a former student of Little Flower. I graduated in 2006. It is true that the neighborhood is not what it used to be when my mother attended, and she was worried about me attending there alone. Even with this, I could never picture myself at any other place. I had many choices when it came to choosing a high school. I was given the option of any catholic school in the city, and Little Flower was furthest from my list because I knew everyone who attended. I wanted a change. Yet, I attended many open houses and none of them stayed with me like LF did. I decided to go to their last Open house for the year, and it felt like home. I will never forget the years I spent there with people I talk to, even to this day. The neighborhood is bad, yes, but LF takes all precautions to make sure your child is not walking around aimlessly in such a neighborhood. Not to mention, The people in the neighborhood aren't that bad. I grew up in another part of the city and would meet friends after school in that neighborhood. Either way, please allow your daughters to enjoy the experience of being in such an amazing and loving school with a wonderful community of people to support their girls.

Posted January 06, 2012
I currently attend Little Flower high school, and I love it. I thought there was going to be a lot of drama in the school but was surprised when everyone welcomed me with open hands. In Little Flower , we are like one big family, and we welcome everyone to our school.

Posted March 17, 2011
I am a current student at Little Flower, and i love it. It challenges me just enough, and it makes me feel at home. The teachers are great. I truly feel prepared for college, considering my previous teachers showed me how to compose an essay properly. This is an amazing school, and i highly recommend it.

Little Flower Catholic High School 2

Posted January 19, 2011
We are almost to the middle of my daughter's freshman year, and I am still unsure of my feelings. As a parent we have he right to say where she can go and where she can't go because of the neighborhood. I agree with the other users, It is in a bad neighborhood. I feel uneasy about her taking the bus to and from school everyday especially on yesterdays snow day when the tripper buses were not available on the 2 hour delay. My daughter's safety comes first and foremost. I agree they have wonderful teachers, however I do feel she is not being academically challenged enough. We are waiting out the year and see what 2nd part of the year will bring. At this moment, their is a chance of transferring.

Little Flower Catholic High School
1000 West Lycoming Street, Philadelphia, PA  19140
Last modified Little Flower Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Little Flower Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top