Posted April 30, 2014
This is my son's first year as a student at Imhotep after coming from a predominantly white private school. My son loves the fact that he is surrounded by faculty that is teaching him to take pride in his rich heritage. As a sophomore in all honors classes with teachers that compel him to strive for better, my son has embraced an attitude of accountability because he recognizes that when he succeeds we all succeed. Imhotep's staff aren't your everyday staff they go above and beyond the call of duty. The staff often stand in the gap for parents and are on the frontline fighting with the parents to maintain a safe environment for our children to learn. They are not only instructors but extensions of the parents, while are children are in their care. Imhotep employees some of the best if not the best faculty in Philadelphia. Leaving Germantown Academy where my son became stagnant and complacent with grades (although honor roll) to Imhotep (where a 91 is still an A; but he is pushed to achieve higher) was the best decision I could have made.

Posted April 13, 2014
Strong support of staff, commitment of a visionary CEO, hard work and dedication by our Coaches and extra curricular teachers, and parents that come out and support the school are a recipe for success at Imhotep. Early support and focus on post secondary education help them prepare students that start at even the lowest levels, reach success. The climate is supported by doing this to me who knows how to move feat young people to do their best. as I get single mother it's not easy to read young people in this side of pressures of the day. but I've learned I've had so many people who provide resources and solutions to help my sons over come thier challenges and help me to understand how I can better support them at home. The school is a safe and caring climate that fosters parent and community involvement. Further it uses the African principals of MaAt to restore balance and knowledge to our youth. It is the village at work. That is why Imhotep is a great school.

Posted April 13, 2014
Imhotep Charter High School is excellent school that focus on getting students ready for their future. Great faculty and students.

Posted October 04, 2013
All you have to do is read the reviews. This will give you an idea of the education that your child will receive. I read about 10. Not a single review was written with proper grammar or punctuation. If this is how you would like your child to prepare for college, have at it. If you would like your child to be a productive member of society, you may want to keep looking at other schools.

Posted June 07, 2013
My son will be entering this school in the fall of 2013 as a 9th grader. He will be graduating next week from their sister school Imani, which I love dearly. Reading these comments have given me mixed feelings, however I question is where you an involved parent? I've met the staff and seen some of the students. I was impressed. Nothing is going to be perfect, it will be based on the child. I have truly enjoyed reading the positive comments from the current and former students. I have faith that I have made the right educational choice for my son.

Imhotep Institute Charter High School 3

Posted February 02, 2013
Imhotep has great teachers and a strong administration,but it has gone down academically because many of the students,do not apply themselves as they should and they do not take full advantage of the opportunities that this school has to offer.My daughter spent one year there and she was more concerned with socializing so I transferred her to a Magnet School hoping for less distractions for her,but she is who she is and is doing well,but socializing is still her focus,but the magnet school faculty calls her on her shortcomings and do not nuture her like the folks at Imhotep. As a parent all I can do is encourage her and pray that she want to succeed as much asI want her to!

Posted December 04, 2012
While the school seemed like a great opportunity for my son, it proved to be a horrible experience for him. My son was there for 1 year and the culture of the school is not academic. Sports are taken much more seriously than academics. Additionally, he always spoke of several "thugs" that had serious power at Imhotep and a "ghetto" mentality that many in his class had. Currently, he is thriving at a magnet school. He has been accepted to 5 colleges and awarded substantial money to 3 of the universities. I wish he never had to experience Imhotep, but maybe it gave him a true appreciation for his current school and all the students striving to do great academically. Please note this school has a rating of only 2 out of 10.

Posted June 11, 2012
The elementary school that I went to didn't care about you or your education they just passed you on to the next grade and sent you on to high school clueless. When I first got to Imhotep I hated it because they give so much work. But then I realized that Imhotep prepares you for college and I would like to thank them for that !! All of the teachers that I've had has been very caring about me, loved me, and respected me and it feels good to know that you have teachers who cares about your growth and development. They don't turn their back on you like most teachers would do and they are just such a blessing to me. They may not know it but they are. I hope to see them again and I hope that when I have children the school is still open and my teachers is still there so they can teach my son or daughter the importance of school and give them a lot of work so they can get prepared for college.

Posted June 10, 2012
this school is very ghetto . the kids are disrespectful. all they do is curse. they really don't have any respect for themselves

Posted May 10, 2012
I was taught by Mama Chris at Leeds Middle School, and I looked at her as a mother figure. I knew when I was in school what type of educator she was and what she stood for. When my middle son was entering high school I choose to sent him to Imhotep because of the education I knew he would receive. His first year was rough because he didn't focus, but Sister Tamara and Tameka gave him the attention he needed to get him back on track. Since then my son has been a excellent student. I just want to say thank you Mama Chris for sharing your dream with the us. I love you so much.

Imhotep Institute Charter High School
6201 North 21st St, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified Imhotep Institute Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imhotep Institute Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.