Philadelphia, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 19, 2014
Great School. Wondeful Teachers. Super Students. Small Class Size. Our kids have attended Frankford Friends since Kindergarden. They are now in the 8th and 5th grade classes. This has been a great place for both of them. Beyond solid academics, FFS offers students art and music instruction (including instrumental music instruction), foreign language classes and most importantly the opportunity to be a part of a vibrant, tight-knit diverse and inclusive community where everyone knows everyone else. Kids are able to be themselves and learn how to interact with others across a wide social spectrum. The culture at FFS is rooted in Quaker ideals. Students are very accepting of people from many different backgrounds and leave here well prepared to enter the world at large. After FFS alumni attend selective high schools and speak of being well-prepared both socially and academically. If you are looking for a school where your child can be a part of a warm, caring school community where they will be respected as individuals yu should arrange a visit to Frankford Friends. Yellow bus service is provided from First Grade onwards frm all parts of the city.

Posted October 13, 2014
Frankford Friends School is a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. The whole staff cares about them and it feels like family. My son is in Kindergarten this year, and was in pre-K last year--we consider ourselves incredibly fortunate that he goes to FFS. We love to Quaker values that are taken seriously here, the personalized attention he receives, and the culture of caring and support throughout. Kids are so great with one another--watching them play on the playground in a "Frankford Friendly" way, attending the quirky and supportive Talent Show or the Spring Fair, hearing about how older kids mentor younger ones, and seeing my son feel so at home there convinces me we made the right choice.

Posted September 29, 2014
My 4 year old son started Pre K this year at FFS. His teacher is Elle Crofton. My experience has been just wonderful. I can not say enough about how pleased I am thus far. After 2 days of school I asked my son, "Do you like teacher Elle, is she nice?" He replied "O Mommy, she is soooo Nice." The court yard feels safe during drop off and pick up. I have meet other teachers and all are friendly, kind and helpful, especially teacher Penny. I highly recommend Frankford Friends School. Good Luck with your search.

Posted October 04, 2013
Frankford Friends is a great school. It is a perfect fit for my daughter. I love the staff and the community of families is wonderful. Parent involvement is outstanding. We found a great school here.

Posted June 10, 2013
Frankford Friends has been an amazing experience. They are a truly nurturing community where kids have a chance to be kids and have authentic learning experiences. The middle school has been challenging, but the teachers work so hard to help students succeed academically while helping them become caring citizens. The tuition has been affordable compared to other private schools, and has been worth every penny.

Frankford Friends School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
Frankford Friends is a small, community-minded, lovely school. My son, who is first grade, is reading beautifully and enjoys school.

Posted October 03, 2009
Frankford Friends School is full of teachers and even administrators who truly care about the students. The school is founded on Quaker values like tolerance and pacifism and truly keeps up with them.

Posted October 03, 2009
This school was amazing when I was a student there years ago and because of this school I was able to move on to other amazing schools. The values and critical thinking skills that are taught are priceless. This small little school is truly a diamond in the most inconspicuous of places. Furthermore, I am so grateful to them for allowing me to return and do my education field work for college there.

Posted November 03, 2008
My daughter entered kindergarten at FF this year 08-09 and she loves the school. The teachers are fantastic as well as the administration. The parents are wonderful and very involved as well. My daughter read me a book after being in school for 2 weeks and she is speaking spanish veyr well. They teach self-esteem and social skills as well as academics. I'm so glad I found FFS .... it's the best!!!

Posted July 20, 2007
I love this school. The principal is an angel and the staff is fabulous! The principal, teachers, staff and students at FFS welcomed my son last year to first grade and it didn't take long for my brilliant, happy little boy to explain to me how I should save my money so that he can attend a Friends Schools all the way through 12th grade. The tuition is a little high but this school is much more reasonable compared to the other Friends Schools and the immeasurable satisfaction you receive with their caring, open minded, educational style is way worth the money. I would sell pretzels on the side of the road if I had to, to keep my son here. -Barbie

Frankford Friends School
1500 Orthodox Street, Philadelphia, PA  19124
Last modified Frankford Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Frankford Friends School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top