1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If this school was amazing in the past, I can tell you it definitely isn't now. Roaches are all over campus and most of the staff have a terrible attitude. The students act as if they don't have a filter in the brain. Constantly being rude. The roaches are completely out of a nightmare, they literally crawl out of the drain and the staff doesn't do anything about it. You go to tell your RA and he or she will just go "Well go kill it, then!" I have to say the environment isn't the best for learning, the classes are small of course (10-15 students to be exact) but the environment I feel as if would prevent your child from learning without distractions. Overall I do not recommend this school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Definitely not, they usually just brush it off saying they'll deal with it later but in the end they never do.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

People with learning differences aren't even allowed to enroll

I love all that is offered to the children at the school. They really push and help the children to enjoy reading. Many activities and services available to expose the children to all avenues. They have gym, health, library, art and music which a lot of other public schools do not have. My daughter is an intelligent thinker and she is a confident student who is learning self respect, self discipline, integrity and responsibility from the school and staff.

Girard is a pretty great place. But it has gone downhill from let's say about 5-6 years ago. It's currently having financial problems and may or may not be cutting high school, and it's residential program, which was Girard College's main point. I have been in Girard for 7 years, starting from first grade, and I have to say, they were the best years I have ever had. The teachers are good, they actually care, and they will do anything they can to help you out. Though Girard used to be a great place, I can't really say much about now. They have dropped a lot of teachers, and students are leaving. But I know Girard will get back up on it's feet soon and will soon be back to the state it used to be in.

I've been attending Girard since 4th grade and since then I've developed such a strong bond for the school and people there. At girard there are many staffs and faculty who truly cares about the kids and they go out their ways to help us achieve. I absolutely love the place and consider it my second home. I wish I could graduate from girard but due to our financial issue that dream seems impossible :(

I currently am a student at Girard College and I think it is the best school in Philadelphia.

There is ONLY ONE, Hail Girard! There is NO such school in the entire world to my knowledge. It is NOT just one of the many and SHOULD NOT be placed among and compared to all other kinds of private schools, I really mean it!

I have two brother and a child that have gone or are attending now. Wonderful school!!!!!In elementary School Every child take French, Spanish and takes piano. My daughter has stomped me with her homework wowed me with her writing and made me cry with the moving Spring and Winter concerts, plays and Community service. I hate not having her with us every day but its more that worth it for the education that she s getting. And both of those brothers that I talked about Graduated and got in to exceptional Colleges!

The weekend program was terminated school year 2010-2011 indefinately. The school has been scaling back on enrollment and staff due to the economy. Check out the Philadelphia board of city trust web site for up to date information regarding plans for student enrollment and the management of the school. They have started a really neat nutrition program for healthy eating. However, there are some kinks that need to be worked out. The staff to student ratio is great in the elementary school. One major draw back is the lack of foreign language in the elementary school.

Last modified Girard College is a Private school that serves grades 1-12