1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I am so thankful for my daughters third grade teacher Ms. Way! She is a new teacher and has been very helpful and patient while my daughter struggled in math. She has successfully aided Anyia in gaining more confidence in Math which in turn has helped Anyia bring her grades up. Also as an alumni she understands the struggles many students face which helps her relate to her students easily. For her to be so young and have the level of patience she has with the children is amazing. They all adore her and I am proud to see all that my daughter has learned this year because of Ms. Way.

Girard College 4

Posted May 23, 2016
I love all that is offered to the children at the school. They really push and help the children to enjoy reading. Many activities and services available to expose the children to all avenues. They have gym, health, library, art and music which a lot of other public schools do not have. My daughter is an intelligent thinker and she is a confident student who is learning self respect, self discipline, integrity and responsibility from the school and staff.

Posted July 01, 2014
Girard is a pretty great place. But it has gone downhill from let's say about 5-6 years ago. It's currently having financial problems and may or may not be cutting high school, and it's residential program, which was Girard College's main point. I have been in Girard for 7 years, starting from first grade, and I have to say, they were the best years I have ever had. The teachers are good, they actually care, and they will do anything they can to help you out. Though Girard used to be a great place, I can't really say much about now. They have dropped a lot of teachers, and students are leaving. But I know Girard will get back up on it's feet soon and will soon be back to the state it used to be in.

Posted June 15, 2013
I've been attending Girard since 4th grade and since then I've developed such a strong bond for the school and people there. At girard there are many staffs and faculty who truly cares about the kids and they go out their ways to help us achieve. I absolutely love the place and consider it my second home. I wish I could graduate from girard but due to our financial issue that dream seems impossible :(

Posted July 13, 2012
I currently am a student at Girard College and I think it is the best school in Philadelphia.

Posted July 12, 2012
There is ONLY ONE, Hail Girard! There is NO such school in the entire world to my knowledge. It is NOT just one of the many and SHOULD NOT be placed among and compared to all other kinds of private schools, I really mean it!

Posted June 01, 2012
I have two brother and a child that have gone or are attending now. Wonderful school!!!!!In elementary School Every child take French, Spanish and takes piano. My daughter has stomped me with her homework wowed me with her writing and made me cry with the moving Spring and Winter concerts, plays and Community service. I hate not having her with us every day but its more that worth it for the education that she s getting. And both of those brothers that I talked about Graduated and got in to exceptional Colleges!

Girard College 3

Posted March 06, 2011
The weekend program was terminated school year 2010-2011 indefinately. The school has been scaling back on enrollment and staff due to the economy. Check out the Philadelphia board of city trust web site for up to date information regarding plans for student enrollment and the management of the school. They have started a really neat nutrition program for healthy eating. However, there are some kinks that need to be worked out. The staff to student ratio is great in the elementary school. One major draw back is the lack of foreign language in the elementary school.

Posted April 14, 2010
They provide a full scholarship to all students. All students come from family's with one parent and financial need.

Posted December 18, 2009
Academics: Exellent Extra Curriculars: PE, Music, Choir, Yearbook, Tech Crew, Student Council, Super Troopers, Band, Dance, Drama, Acting, Science, Art, Computers, Libaray, Musicals, Plays, Talent Shows, Pagents, Fashion Shows Concerts, basketball team, soccer team, French class, Spanish class (Get to travel to Spain and France when your in 11th grade), flag football, football team, mentors program, trips and ETC

2101 S College Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19121