Posted October 10, 2013
Academics is very key to my husband and I. We found that here along with Christian values taught in the classroom.

Posted May 21, 2013
I am currently an eighth grade student at Spruce Hill Christian School, and unlike many of my fellow class mates I started at the beginning of last year. Though I have not been there as long as others I fit in just as though I have attended the school all of my life. At Spruce Hill you will feel welcome and the students will embrace you, enabling you to make friends quickly. Not only do the students embrace you, but the teachers do as well. The teachers' goal is not to help students succeed in their years at Spruce Hill, but to build up an academic and Christian foundation in them to help them succeed in life. The teachers give the students challenging work to exercise their minds to prepare them for high school and/or college. One advantage to going to Spruce Hill is that the class sizes are small enough for students to have individual attention from the teachers. Also since Spruce Hill is a Christian school, students learn and obtain a deeper understanding of God's word and how to apply the bible to everyday life. Though I am excited to be going to high school, I will miss the school that I have come to love, Spruce Hill Christian School.

Posted March 27, 2013
This is a wonderful school and I love the nurturing, Christian environment. The curriculum is very challenging. I have 2 children who have attended since Kindergarten. My son is currently in the Upper Elementary school and my daughter is in her first year of Kindergarten. Not only do my husband and I love the school, but our children love attending. They love it so much that during Christmas and Spring breaks, they are eager to get back to their teachers and friends at school! It's a beautiful community of parents, teachers, administrators and staff (and volunteers/interns from local universities) who work together to generate an atmosphere that feels like family and provide a solid education for the children. The leadership by the principal in the elementary school is truly blessed by God. Clearly, God is first in everything done at SHCS. The teachers are caring and encourage students in every possible way. What more could a parent really ask for?

Posted April 07, 2011
My children have been a part of this wonderful Christian school for six years. I have never seen a more dedicated staff of teachers and administrators who truly love the children and are committed to providing them with a high-quality, Christian education. Our family is very pleased with Spruce Hill Christian School in every way!

Posted March 23, 2011
Spruce Hill Christian school has been a wonderful experience for both of my children. My oldest son began attending the school in the third grade and is now in middle school( 6th grade). He has had the privilge of having caring teachers, and a wonderful principal who have inspired him to strive to be the best student he can be. The support and encouragemet my son has received over the years has been invaluable. My daughter also attends the school. She is currently in the first grade and has attended the school since kindergarten. My daughter has also been blessed to have caring, kind, and patient teachers. She has also had the oppurtunity to develop postive and lasting friendships. I would definitley recommend this school to parents who are looking to provide their children with a quality education and a positive environment.

Posted March 14, 2011
My daughter has been at Spruce Hill Christian School since the 3rd grade and will be graduating 8th grade this year. Prior to my daughter reaching the third grade, she attended 4 other schools (2 privates and 2 charters). I guess you can say that I am not an easy parent to please; However, I am very pleased with my daughter's educational career at Spruce Hill Christian School. My main concerns was having my daughter in a school that is academically challenging, supportive, and safe. Spruce Hill has challenged my daughter in multiple ways: academically, spiritually, and socially. The one thing that I must admit that I appreciate the most from this school is their supportive staff and faculty. In all areas that my daughter was challenged, she was given the support needed to meet all of those challenges! I am very pleased with the young woman that my daughter has become, thanks to her extended family at Spruce Hill Christian School.

Posted May 17, 2010
wonderful school, great teachers, excellent structure, excellent leadership, and an excellent environment for learning. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Spruce Hill Christian School 0

Posted November 11, 2009
I previously posted a review on November 22, 2008. My child graduated Spruce Hill Christian School this past June. He presntly attend their High School - City Center Academy. I attended back-to-school at the beginning of the semester and was quite impressed with teachers and Principle. I was particularly impressed with Mr. Norman Campbell, his introduction of his class was more like I was in his classroom and being taught, I loved it, and know that my son will be taught very well. In my heart, I know that his having attended Spruce Hill, has helped him to grow into High School at City Center Academy. He is well-rounded, focused, mature and above all respectful. Thank you Spruce Hill I appreciate you and all that you have taught my child, God bless you. I am honored to be part of Spruce Hill/City Center Academy family.

Posted October 28, 2009
I truly love the school my child attends City Center Academy at this point. And for the most part I am very pleased with what I see there. My Child is a graduate of Spruce Hill. My child started in Kindergarten and will with the Lord will, will Graduate from City Center Academy. Thank you both CCA & SHCS for you love and respect. Yes I plan to send my Grandchildren their. I strong believer if your children are happy then leave them alone. Teachers are great in more ways than one, May God Bless you this day and always.

Spruce Hill Christian School 0

Posted May 20, 2009
My chikld has attended Spruc Hill Christian School since kingergarten. I absolutely love the school. My mother also loves the school. The teachers are very patient with the children. I have NEVER encountered a problem. Unfortunately this will be my childs last year due to the cost of tuition. If you have one child, married and middle class there isn't much help financially. Hopefully in the near future who knows maybe she can atted the high school , City Cenetr Academy. All in all it is a FABULOUS school and I recommend it highly.

Spruce Hill Christian School
4115 Baltimore Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19104
Last modified Spruce Hill Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spruce Hill Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top