Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted July 30, 2014
This school has been apart of my family since the beginning back in 1997. All five oft children attended WOLCS and I've watched if grow into something wonderful. I have four graduates, two at the top of the class and one who over came a learning disability with the help of their learning support teachers. This school set the stage for my three older children to be able to attend great high schools like, Girls High, Bodine, Central and Saul. My 2016 graduate is sure to attend an excellent high school as well. I don't know how my children would've turned out our neighborhood high school. I'm very thankful to all of the staff for all of their hard work.

Posted July 27, 2014
I'm a student at this school and it's fantastic. I am glad my mother picked this school for me. I ran track and this is my last year so I'm looking for a good school like WOLCS.

Posted April 17, 2014
I KNOW WEST OAK LANE IS A VERY GOOD SCHOOL BECAUSE LITTLE GIRL GOES THERE AND SHE IS LEANING A LOT AND DOING VERY GOOD IN SCHOOL [ I WENT TO THANK ALL THE TEACHER AND STAFF FOR THAT ] THEY CARE ABOUT THE KIDS.

Posted October 23, 2013
I am happy with the choice I made to send my child to Wolcs. The teachers and staff truly care and love teaching. My child has grown so much already this year!

West Oak Lane Cs 1

Posted October 15, 2013
The review guidelines say that you should share what you think others should know. Without any editorializing (so as not to have my comment deleted as it was before) I simply state a fact. About a dozen teachers left during or at the end of the 2012-2013 school year. That is nearly 1/3 of the staff. Before you consider this school, ask the administration how and why so many people left. And don't let them tell you it's all about the money. Some left without even securing other jobs. That means something, don't you think?

West Oak Lane Cs 4

Posted September 27, 2013
I am the grandmother of a child who attends WOLC he very happy there. He could not wait to get back after summer. He is an honor student in the 3rd grade. At first I wasn't I to happy for him to attend WOLC because of other negative opinions. But! because of his interest, and his grades and how he enjoys the school my mind has changed. I see his work.

Posted September 26, 2013
West Oak Lane Charter School is a great school. The students are hard working and the teachers are dedicated.

Posted September 26, 2013
I love West Oak Lane Charter School. They are always trying to incorporate technology into their lessons and they try to stay positive when it comes to behavior.

West Oak Lane Cs 4

Posted September 26, 2013
My School is West Oak Lane Charter School. I rate WOLCS a 4/5. We have wonderful teachers and work together to help make each other better educators and to help our students be successful. It is an overall great environment to work in. I do see a need for growth in consistency. The best thing about WOLCS is our students. I have been able to form bonds that I never imagined. So many students have touched my heart and I hope in turn I have touched theirs!

Posted October 08, 2012
Hello I am a parent of a student who attends WOLCS. The teachers are like an extra family. They care and when students have behaved inappropriately they are corrected. I thank God that my son is attending this school, the teachers encourage my son to do his best and it can be seen that the adminstrators encourage the teachers so they can help the students be successful. The Principal of the school is great she treats the students as if they were her own. She puts the needs of the students before herself. I really appreciate the dedication to the students shown by the Teachers and Admistration.

West Oak Lane Cs
7115 Stenton Ave, Philadelphia, PA  19138
Last modified West Oak Lane Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Oak Lane Cs Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top