Philadelphia, PA

Posted January 09, 2014
CTCA is a nice school. The school's strong points- small classes, safe & calm environment, friendly & nice children, caring teachers, Christian atmosphere, a variety of subjects (not just math & reading like in some public schools), trips & other fun events, and the Christmas program. The school could improve in the following areas- challenge students more (especially with writing), hold higher standards for teachers, lunch program, offer more in art & music. Overall, it's a nice school and you will have peace of mind but there is definitely room for improvement.

Calvary Temple Christian Academy 1

Posted September 16, 2013
my daughter attended this school for almost 2years in march 2013 just before school was about to end they informed me that they were leaving my A B student back based on incorrect attendance!!!! CTCA IS THE WORST IN MY BOOK. Mrs.Waring

Posted November 07, 2009
The school is ok. My parents took me out of that school because it wasn't challenging enough. I go to a much more challenging school now.

Posted March 30, 2009
Good school. Don't like the fact that they bus from all over. My child had to wake up at 6:00 in the morning and then didn't get home until after 6:00 at night. You could see that he looked older than he was (1st grader) The teachers are great and so is the staff. We loved the christian atmosphere as well.

Posted August 22, 2007
I am thrilled with small class sizes, individual attention, and loving teachers. This school offers a lot of extra curricular activities. There is great parent envolvement and activities and events throughout the year from the Fall Fun Fest to the end of the year picnic! Our child loves this school and so do we!

Posted July 21, 2007
Calvary Temple Christian Academy is a great choice for children in the city of Philadelphia. The 2007-2008 year will be my fourth year going to C.T.C.A. Parents, you will be happy with what you receive from this school. The teachers really have a heart for all the students that attend this school. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a Christian atmosphere for their chilren.

Posted March 19, 2007
CTCA is a great school! The teachers are so caring. CTCA is a good school BYE NOW!

Calvary Temple Christian Academy 5

Posted March 02, 2007
Simply put: The children of this school are kind to each other. (That's unique in any tax bracket!) They treat each other and adults with love and respect. The reason: the discipline here is done firmly and with gentleness. Through the years, I've seen a few children scolded-it is always done in a way that lifts the child up, like parents would do themselves, because these teachers are filled with Christian love. Add to that: outstanding curriculum, enhanced with science projects, visiting professionals, Spanish, Art, P.E.,and Music, before & after school care. There even is an strong program for children with Learning Disabilities. You would have to pay 2 or 3x more to get this in most private schools. It's the best kept secret in South Philly. My daughter loves it so much sometimes she asks to go to early care or after care just to hang out with her friends and teachers.

Posted June 07, 2006
A small school with a very caring, nurturing, but firm faculty, strong Christian principles and great role models for the children.

Posted May 22, 2006
Small school that provides me with peace of mind while I am at work. It is a safe learning environment where Christian values are formed and valued. The academis program is outstanding and I am pleased and proud both of my sons attend CTCA.

3301 South 20th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19145
Last modified Calvary Temple Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calvary Temple Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top