Philadelphia, PA

Posted August 18, 2014
I am very pleased that we moved here so my children can attend Politz Hebrew Academy. The staff and teachers are very dedicated, and each child's individuality is respected and cultivated. I will always be grateful to Mrs Katz and her staff for all they have done for my children. There are no perfect people and no perfect schools. And it's hard to pull off a double curriculum (secular and religious) while accomodating a full range of people from different backgrounds and educational levels. But Politz gets my 5 stars for being the best it can be, for working hard to correct problems when problems come up, and for its devotion to bringing out the best in each child.

Posted March 08, 2012
I'm a grandparent of four children attending Politz Hebrew Academy. Even though I lived in the neighborhood for many years, I was not familiar with PHA. However, my children enrolled in Nov 2010- Emphasis is put on math, social studies, science, english (strong on writing skills) religious coures, etc. There are programs in which the entire class has an opportunity to participate. Term papers are assigned in which the student can show creativity. Principal is in full command of the school, knowing each child individually. Manners are expected which is an attribute from the "olden days." Warmth is displayed throughout the school . My review of the school concludes with a discovery that I made since the children attend this old (is it historic?) building: it is the best kept secret in Philadelphia (and surrounding counties). The school goes from K to 8th grade. However, the secret has probably leaked out to the community: Politz is planning to open a pre-school class due to their proven reputation. I would recommend this school to any parent who is looking for a strong curriculum "sprinkled" with respect to each student and staff member.

Posted May 26, 2010
We recamend Politz highly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We moved to philly 9 yrs ago just to have our 4 kids go to politz. Our son started in 2nd grade. He was diagnosed with a severe learning diassability. Politz worked with him diligently and now he is a highschool student with a B average. Our oldest who started in 4th grade just got excepted to the college of her choice. Our two other girls,who still attend the school, love it there. The teachers are really involved and dedicated and try to really tailor the ciriculum to each child's needs. We were really excited when the school got middle states approved they really deserve it!!! Rebecca Dear

Posted April 22, 2010
I personally know some of their graduates and think that they are a huge asset to the communities they live in.

Politz Hebrew Academy 0

Posted March 19, 2009
My daughter is in her third year at Politz Hebrew Acamemy, having spent nursery, kindergarden, and now 1st grade in the capable hands of this holy institution.As far as the reviewer who decribed the school so eloqently as 'disgusting': The goal of a Torah education is to add links to the chain of our awesome heritage.The unfortunate fiscal reality is that given the choice of consistantly meeting payroll vs. having Lawn Doctor keeping the grounds of the century old facility pristine, the former is the obvious choice to me. Sincerely, Dovid Garfinkel

Posted November 16, 2008

Posted May 31, 2007
All of my kids have attended this school and I find it to be excellent! Most graduates (and even students who attend for a few years) go on to excel wherever the continue their education. Many families move to our area just to be able to send their children to Politz Hebrew Academy.

Politz Hebrew Academy 1

Posted March 26, 2007
This school it's not a very good school. the children do not get a good education and the grounds are absolutely disgusting. I regret sending my child to this school and I don't recommend it to anyone else.

Politz Hebrew Academy 3