Bad
Good

I absolutely love this school, its a second home for my daughter. She has excelled in many areas and has become a model student. Love the family oriented environment and the fun activities planned for the kids. She has been a student there since kindergarten and is a fourth grader now, she says she cannot picture herself at another school. Go HOSTOS! Keep up the good work -Y. Barreto

My daughter started in Kindergarten and absolutely loves going to school. The teachers are great. Principals are wonderful and caring. Learning to read, write and speak Spanish are amazing to watch - how the kids who put forth the effort evolve. My daughter is adamant about reading, writing and speaking it so she gives it her all. Overall I don't have any complaints.

The administration and faculty are very nice and my son has been exposed to a lot of culture and language. My concern with the school is the overall organization and the funding. I do not believe my son is pushed above and beyond academically. And it being an urban school with limited space, there is no playground for the elementary students.

i love this school and so does my daugther she has been there for kinder, but went to pequnos pasos for pre-k, it was a smooth transition for her bc of the teaching enviroment. the class sizes are smlled and more focused on the students. my daugther is excited to be going to 1st gr this yr bc she will get to use her spanish skills more. she speaks fluently in both english and spanish but in this enviroment they encourage you to use spanish. i love the teachers and the staff, very well organized school they know all students by name, which says alot they care about the kids..

I love this school, My son was going to public school until I put him in this school. My son was always getting in trouble in the pulic school and his grade was not good at all. and now that he is going to this school he been doing way better. He gotten award for student of the month and many more and most important is that his grade when up.

My son has been in this school since k. I highly recommend this school to anyone.

I love Hostos, My kids been going now for 3 yrs kinderm and I think the staff is great and the teachers are great to

My daughter been here since kinder and i love this school my daughter did not speak spanish or read and its also safe and the teachers and staff are great my daughter also loves this school.

My daughter has been attending Hostos since Kinder, she is now going to the fourth grade and I love hostos. Staff is always available and willing. I want to keep her in the school until the 8th grade and if a high school is made with the same philosophy I will make sure to enroll her. I would recommend more activities like track,baseball,basketball, among others that will keep the kids motivated and busy. N.carr

I'm very pleased with all the hard work and dedication of the teachers and staff at Maria de Hostos. The faculty makes it incredible experience for our children. The children's education plays a vital role in preparing them for the future and so I say keep up the good work. I recommend this school to all parents

Last modified Eugenio Maria De Hostos CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.