No rating

Blair Christian Academy

Private | PK-8 | 68 students

Living in Philadelphia

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $179,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted August 15, 2007

I attended blair four years ago and I was not parpared for college at all. I had to take basic mat and english classes because my SAT's score were too low. While at blair i didnt have a real science lab experiment so my freshman year I was in for a shock I had four history teachers in four years. My younger sister was going to go to blair but my parents have decided not to send her there which is a wise decision. The school needs a new principal with good leadership skills and stop hiring just anyone to teach at Blair.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 14, 2007

When my children's school closed four years ago, my husband and I thought we'd never find another Christian School that would meet the children's academic and spiritual needs. We visited two other schools and as soon as we opened the doors to Blair Christian Academy, we knew that we had found the school that we were searching for. The staff really cares for the child as a whole, physically, academically, and spiritually. You really are treated like 'family'. The curriculum is challenging and the benefits of such have been rewarding. I am constantly asked 'Where do your children attend school'? Hats off to the staff and administrators of Blair Christian Academy for providing a safe and caring environment that the students can truly call 'home'.

Posted August 9, 2007

The leadership in this school has set high standards for academics and behavior. Staff members are accessible to parents and always respond to their concerns. Teachers have established high expectations for academics and behavior. They are organized and have a clear plan for what they want students to learn. They know their subject matter, and they use multiple teaching strategies to reach all students. They give regular feedback to students and they communicate openly and clearly with parents. Several school-wide events and classroom projects are planned yearly and a large percentage of parents attend these school functions. Discipline procedures are clear and are carried out consistently. Parents & students feel safe when they are dropped off at school. I am a teacher in the Philadelphia public school system and I find that this school is meeting my child's needs.

Posted June 25, 2007

I would not recommend Blair Christian Academy for any child above the fifth Grade. I was very disappointed with Blair and the poor education that my child received. There is a high turnover of teachers. The Administration is terrible! Don't do it to yourself and especially don't do it to your child. Do not send your child to this school! Any parent who knows anything about education will be greatly disappointed.

Posted April 18, 2007

I would not send my child to Blair Christian Academy. The Administration is not readily available to discuss problems/issues,and the educational program needs major improvement. At Blair they ration almost everything, causing one to wonder what they are doing with the $6,000 annual tuition fees. There is a lack of parental involvement. Your money would be better spent elsewhere.

Posted April 9, 2007

Blair Christian Academy overall is not a very good school. Every year there are new teachers. Some teachers even leave during the school year. They focus on students that are doing well. The program that is set up is not good. Children are well behind at least one to two grades. teachers and the price you pay, you would think that the teachers are excellent. To sum it up I would not send my child at Blair.

Posted March 18, 2007

I had my child at Blair from Kindergarten into elementary. When my child transferred into public school she was woefully behind! I am disappointed because she excelled at Blair -- so I'm not sure how the academics stand up to larger schools and more competitive school districts. Also, I am constantly asked for fees and payment that I gave a few months ago. High teacher turnover and there's almost no students in the upper grades.

Posted April 6, 2006

The staff is knowledgable and caring. The students are respectful to other students and adults. My daughter is getting a quality education. My older children can't believe what she is learning in Kindergarten. Academically they're on target. It's a family atmosphere between parents and teachers.

Posted February 21, 2006

My youngest daughter attended Blair and she excel in every area. She became spiritually motivating to me as a parent. She is now in public school in abington township ( a one of the best school district ) and although she is continuing to excel in her academics. I notice the spiritual zest is not as strong. I will be placing her in Blair again along with her older sister. Charlene Dozier

Posted September 6, 2005

Just finished the open house at Blair, I was expecting to learn more about the academics. Somewhat disappointed with the setup. Very disorganized office staff, vague on payment policies. There was a lack of general information available to parents. After, paying the $75.00 for testing, the only other contact was a call for registration. We requested a school visit for our son, rec'd a call on the last day of school apologizing for the confusion. After several failed attempts to learn more about Blair, we simply gave up. However, we received another call approx. 2 months later looking for the registration fee.

Posted July 12, 2005

being a former teacher at blair christian academy and having had my two children attend the school i would say that the academic programs are excellent the teacher child ratio is low enough that my children recieved individual attention as needed. as a teacher i was granted an assistant when needed and any other help that i asked for . the children are always at ease because it is aways a loving and caring environment. parents are encouraged to communicate with the staff and voice any issues that may arise. the music programs are great. there are at least 4 occasions yearly that the students have a venue to display there talents. they have sports teams such as soccer, basketball, cheerleading, and a dance program as well as a chess team. parents are involved in the educational process through the newsletter, school store and pta organization. there are monthly parent meetings.

Posted July 25, 2004

Blair Christian Academy cares about the whole child. Academically, Spiritually, Physically and Emotionally. The environment is great. My children love it. Teachers are diversified and top notch. Discipline is followed through with thorough communication with parents. They make every effort to work with you in financial aid. I just love it here.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Della Blair
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious