PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted November 29, 2015
All the good teachers are gone. The first grade teacher appears to be nice. The Kindergarten teacher was always smiling and was a great teacher to my nephew last school year of 2014. My sister in law told me if she was going to be the first grade teacher this year she would have kept him there. All new faces this year. No smiles and if they do smile it is a phony smile.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted November 29, 2015
The students do not have a challenge and do not work on their level for their particular grade. Homework should be on a daily basis. Not what the teacher feel like giving the student for homework depending on their mood.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted November 29, 2015
They act like they are determined for students to follow through but they can really care less. Thank God my child is out of there. Absolutely no recommendations will be considered to other parents.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 29, 2015
The students are respectful but the staff seem to have forgotten what respect is. They need teachers themselves.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 29, 2015
No compassion or feelings for parents and students. In the beginning of the school year there is much concern because they want your money. Watch and see how long the nice attitude last.

Blair Christian Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2014
There is absolutely no security. They buzz anyone in and do not even look half the time to see who came in. They find any and every excuse not to be open or dismiss early, yet have no problem charging you full tuition for the month. Staff will look at their wrist watch right in front of your face, so you better talk fast and get your kid outta there faster. Unsanitary. Have they ever heard of paint? How about bleach? Don't expect to be kept informed of what is going on, when, or why, but if they want money, you will know 2 months in advance. Staff turn-over is high so you can expect to see a new face in front of your child at least 1-2 times during the year. No credentials are ever offered to a parent so you can only hope that they are legitimate. So why did my child end up enrolled? Because this is Philadelphia. The public school system is frightening. Blair Christian knows this. And they take advantage of parents desperation. I ignored the dimly lit halls, broken water fountains, unfriendly staff because I hoped the school poured all of its money/focus into extra-curricular activities & other children-focused things. Blair Christian Academy is a disgrace. Shame on you

Posted June 09, 2014
As another school year has ended, I must commend Blair Christian Academy on a job well done. My child has grown so much over this school year, academically, socially, and spiritually. I am so impressed with all that he has learned, the love he received from his teachers, and how the leadership of the school was always available when needed. My child participated in so many great programs this year as well. I look forward to what next school year has in store.

Posted February 28, 2014
I want to share the great experience that my child and I have had over the past few months at Blair Christian Academy. My child was transferred from a private school in October. At his old school, there was bullying, and no academic stimulation. We both were overwhelmed and stressed during this time. When I came to Blair I knew that the staff members were people who truly cared about the children. The school is designed so that each individual child feels like it s about them. Once my child enrolled the staff made everything very easy. They figured out a way to get him to school so that I could get to work on time. My child met his match with academics! In the first week they assessed his needs and weaknesses and made him a stronger student! I was impressed with their expedition in everything. He finally learned to study and focus because he never had to before! I knew that my sacrifice was worth it. I have no complaints. My son has made a wonderful adjustment to his school. The staff are a very good support system for us as a family and I feel like I am working with a team of people and we are all on the same page.

Posted January 30, 2014
During the first six months at Blair, we have noticed a major change in our son. His writing skills improved. He s beginning to learn to identify words and read sentences. He actually looks forward to doing homework. His overall work ethic changed and he wants to do better and get an A on every test. His behavior is improving and will keep improving as his maturity level develops. We were asked in September to set one goal for our son and that goal was to have him reading on a 1st grade reading level before he completes kindergarten. I see that we are on our way to achieving that goal and possibly even surpassing it. We believe in grading the school, the staff and the quality of education received the same way that our son receives grades and for the first three months of this semester Blair Christian Academy receives an A+ . Keep up the good work Blair, job well done!

Posted January 15, 2014
Blair Christian Academy's motto is the school children call home, which I have found to be true on so many levels. I have had three children attend the school, with my youngest now in the preschool program. One of the school's strengths is the immense amount of love that is shown to the students. In addition to being a great academic environment, you can tell that the staff and teachers really love and care about your child. They go above and beyond to make sure children are cared for, are safe, and are learning. The teachers treat the students like they would their own children, and that is so hard to find. It is very comforting to know that I don't have to worry while I am working, if everything is okay with my child. I am also impressed with how much my children have learned while at Blair and how upon leaving they were able to compete among the best and brightest with confidence. I am so grateful for the foundation they receive at Blair and would wholeheartedly recommend it to others.

220 West Upsal Street, Philadelphia, PA  19119
Last modified Blair Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Blair Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top