Philadelphia, PA

Posted September 03, 2014
There is absolutely no security. They buzz anyone in and do not even look half the time to see who came in. They find any and every excuse not to be open or dismiss early, yet have no problem charging you full tuition for the month. Staff will look at their wrist watch right in front of your face, so you better talk fast and get your kid outta there faster. Unsanitary. Have they ever heard of paint? How about bleach? Don't expect to be kept informed of what is going on, when, or why, but if they want money, you will know 2 months in advance. Staff turn-over is high so you can expect to see a new face in front of your child at least 1-2 times during the year. No credentials are ever offered to a parent so you can only hope that they are legitimate. So why did my child end up enrolled? Because this is Philadelphia. The public school system is frightening. Blair Christian knows this. And they take advantage of parents desperation. I ignored the dimly lit halls, broken water fountains, unfriendly staff because I hoped the school poured all of its money/focus into extra-curricular activities & other children-focused things. Blair Christian Academy is a disgrace. Shame on you

Posted June 09, 2014
As another school year has ended, I must commend Blair Christian Academy on a job well done. My child has grown so much over this school year, academically, socially, and spiritually. I am so impressed with all that he has learned, the love he received from his teachers, and how the leadership of the school was always available when needed. My child participated in so many great programs this year as well. I look forward to what next school year has in store.

Posted February 28, 2014
I want to share the great experience that my child and I have had over the past few months at Blair Christian Academy. My child was transferred from a private school in October. At his old school, there was bullying, and no academic stimulation. We both were overwhelmed and stressed during this time. When I came to Blair I knew that the staff members were people who truly cared about the children. The school is designed so that each individual child feels like it s about them. Once my child enrolled the staff made everything very easy. They figured out a way to get him to school so that I could get to work on time. My child met his match with academics! In the first week they assessed his needs and weaknesses and made him a stronger student! I was impressed with their expedition in everything. He finally learned to study and focus because he never had to before! I knew that my sacrifice was worth it. I have no complaints. My son has made a wonderful adjustment to his school. The staff are a very good support system for us as a family and I feel like I am working with a team of people and we are all on the same page.

Posted January 30, 2014
During the first six months at Blair, we have noticed a major change in our son. His writing skills improved. He s beginning to learn to identify words and read sentences. He actually looks forward to doing homework. His overall work ethic changed and he wants to do better and get an A on every test. His behavior is improving and will keep improving as his maturity level develops. We were asked in September to set one goal for our son and that goal was to have him reading on a 1st grade reading level before he completes kindergarten. I see that we are on our way to achieving that goal and possibly even surpassing it. We believe in grading the school, the staff and the quality of education received the same way that our son receives grades and for the first three months of this semester Blair Christian Academy receives an A+ . Keep up the good work Blair, job well done!

Posted January 15, 2014
Blair Christian Academy's motto is the school children call home, which I have found to be true on so many levels. I have had three children attend the school, with my youngest now in the preschool program. One of the school's strengths is the immense amount of love that is shown to the students. In addition to being a great academic environment, you can tell that the staff and teachers really love and care about your child. They go above and beyond to make sure children are cared for, are safe, and are learning. The teachers treat the students like they would their own children, and that is so hard to find. It is very comforting to know that I don't have to worry while I am working, if everything is okay with my child. I am also impressed with how much my children have learned while at Blair and how upon leaving they were able to compete among the best and brightest with confidence. I am so grateful for the foundation they receive at Blair and would wholeheartedly recommend it to others.

Posted January 06, 2014
Blair Christine academy is a poor school. Do not send you child or children there. Sending you children to Blair is like sending them to public school but you as a parent is paying tuition. Dr. Jenkins has lost focus of the core principle and mission statement. All Dr.jenkins worry about it Money. She dnt care about her administration or students. Over the past two years Blair Christine Academy has lost good and hard working teacher that valued education. The building is falling apart when it rain it's leaks all over the school. And the school do not have any heat during the beginning of the week. There is a high turnover in teacher. It school should be closed down because they are teaching the children nothing.

Posted August 02, 2013
My child used to go to BCA, from Kindergarten to 1st grade. I would not recommend this school to anybody. The staff is not friendly at all. The teachers are overwhelmed with other duties besides teaching, which makes it hard for them to attend to your child's needs. It's either very hot in the classrooms or very cold, which is a big distraction to the students. There are leaks in the ceiling and the bathrooms are dirty. No soap or toilet paper. Also, if you receive a BCA Scholarship, it is mandatory to put in volunteer hours, so be prepared for them to work you like a slave. If you do not complete your volunteer hours by the end of the school year, they will keep your child's report card and will not give it to you until your hours are complete or your scholarship balance is paid. They are money hungry. I am so glad my child is out of that school.

Posted October 06, 2012
BCA is , the worst school to ever send your child/children to ! The lunch has mold on it , the teachers are mean as ever , the principle has a Benz && a nice big house but can't afford to pay for the holes in the ceiling in the girls bathroom! Like Dr.Jenkins need to go sit her old self down somewhere like bye girl! And her own grand kids dont even like the school ! I truthfully see BCA closing within the next 2-4 years!

Blair Christian Academy 4

Posted July 20, 2012
I am amazed daily at the progress my niece has made. She has been at BCA since she was a toddler, and she is now going to 1st grade. She is currently beyond a 1st grade reading level. What was even more amazing was listening to a PK4 student read a poem and student address at the graduation ceremony. It it is a small community, but there are many opportunities for students to get involved. She participated in Glee Club and Praise Dance. Next year, she is going to join the Chess Club. I just got an email about an upcoming Fishing Trip for families. They also have a Summer Camp and she is having a ball!

Posted July 11, 2012
We enrolled our son at BCA. We were sceptical at first with the reviews. We know a few people who sent their children to this school and were very pleased. They did say that it is too much fundraising. We can say that we are pleased with the progress our son has made. He's eager to learn and has learned alot. He entered in kindergarten and will be going to the 1st grade in the fall. The fundraising is a pain but I attended catholic school and they were the same. My son had a great teacher.for people who say it is pricey, you have to understand that each child gets their own workbooks and do not have to have their work photocopied. The class sizes are small so you child can get individualized attention. If your child is struggling they bring in resources to keep your child on track. We are very happy that we did choose BCA. We have never experienced staff being rude. Child success is both the responsibility of parent/teacher. When you work together you will be able to get the upper hand of your childs strengths and weaknesses.

Blair Christian Academy
220 West Upsal Street, Philadelphia, PA  19119
Last modified Blair Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Blair Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top