School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

All three of my children received a solid Spiritual and Academic foundation from Cedar Grove Christian Academy. We thank the Lord for the outstanding teachers, loving atmosphere and excellent program that has all been a part of the Academy years. They are now all on to high school and college and have been the foundation needed to excel.
April 21, 2015

Posted April 21, 2015
- a school leader

Posted January 25, 2014
Both of my children started here in nursery school. They have both since graduated and went on to two of the best schools in the city (4 years apart). They loved this school, we all did. The adults genuinely loved the kids, even the office ladies knew each child by name and the parents. I can not say enough good things about this school, its teachers and its administration. It is a family atmosphere, everyone knows everybody name. The teachers know mostly every child in the school by name. I would venture to say that this one of the best private schools in the city if not the state. My kids often go back to visit and say hello. Very warm memories in regards to Cedar Grove. If I ever come across a large sum of money, CGCA will definitely get a nice donation.

Posted December 09, 2013
Academically sound, spiritually growing, great sports program, Various outlets for students involved in the fine arts. - Pre-school through 8th grade.

Posted June 25, 2013
My son has been attending CedarGrove since pre-k, he has been doing so well. The teachers are very imformative about the cirriculum, the school is very spiritual, the children are well mannered. My son will be entering the 3rd grade in Sept. he is well prepare for the grade. The entire staff starting at the office is professionally pleasant, they have no problem helping you. So far all of his teachers from pre-k thru 2nd grade has been great. I pray that he will continue to have great teachers.

Posted May 10, 2013
My son is coming to the end of his first year at Cedar Grove and it has been a wonderful year. He should have been in 2nd grade this year but coming from a public school there were some basic reading skills he was lacking that were made apparent when he was tested at the beginning of the year. I can definitely say that he has grown in leaps and bounds academically. His teacher is so encouraging and willing to assist in anything we need. And for the first time since he began daycare and school my son tells me how much he loves the school and his teachers. Whats more is two of his teachers were my mentors at a christian camp when I was in high school. It is also amazing to see the teachers pray with the students and over the loudspeakers every morning. The environment is very peaceful also and the kids are great. We did have some issues with behavior on the bus. But once they addressed it there have been no more problems. All in all I think Cedar Grove offers a great spiritual foundation and they have a caring staff that are genuinely concerned about the educational developement of the kids.

Cedar Grove Christian Academy 3

Posted February 15, 2012
This is a wonderful Christian school and my son loves it there. However, I believe that the faculty needs to add more updated tools and resources to their curriculum. My son has attended the school for four years and is presently in Middle school and I am not happy with his knowledge base of significant historical events, current political and economical events in our country and a broader perspective of different cultures and their backgrounds although the school contains a diverse group of students from multi ethnic backgrounds. Although the school provides a great Christian foundation for their students and offer a wide variety of extracurricular activities, it needs to take a serious look at revising its academic cirriculum to better prepare its students to compete against other students in our communities and nation.

Posted May 03, 2010
Oh!!!!! I love this school!!!! The teachers are wonderful the students are so fun and loving!!!! I've been in Cedar Grove for 9 years and I'm in 8th grade. I will miss everyone at Cedar Grove and I HIGHLY recommend this school to all God-loving students in Philadelphia!

Posted April 19, 2010
It is a good Christian School.My 2 children went there. They are taught by good moral teachers.

Cedar Grove Christian Academy 4

Posted January 31, 2010
This is my son's second year at the school. I choose this school because I wanted my child to attend a religious school with a diverse student body population and that would prepare him not only academically but also teach him some of the essential values that many children are lacking today. So far, my son loves his school and I am happy with the education he is being provided with. However, sometimes I think the amount of work he is expected to complete weekly can be a little overwhelming for a young child. The most significant thing that I am disappointed about is the fact that although the student body is so diverse, the faculty is not. I would like to see an improvement in this area. Otherwise I am okay with the overall experience that my child is receiving.

Posted October 24, 2005
Cedar grove christian academy is a safe place for kids to learn .Children receive a good education and postive correctional dicipline aplying the bible when appropitate, most extracurricular activities begin around grade 4 ,however children may join indoor soccer in grade 2 also the school provides morning and afterschool care at a fair price.Lunch time is a quiet and the children eat without the distractions of multiple conversations ,the enjoy outdoor recess after lunch (weather permitting).I have enjoyed speaking to my children's teacher frequently without he need for a formal meeting each time. The headmaster is very involved and encouraging to the children.

6445 Bingham St, Philadelphia, PA  19111
Last modified Cedar Grove Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Cedar Grove Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top