K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Cornerstone Christian Academy 5

Posted February 17, 2015
I don't understand how someone on this site gave Cornerstone Christian Academy in Phila. a 3 star. Must be a disgruntled parent who found the school will not tolerate any bullying, kids have been suspended, some expelled. The teachers standards are high, they do not grade on a curve and if you see a C and want a B for your child, then you talk to the teacher, take the time to see if extra credit/more work, extra reading, your child doing more work may improve a grade. These teachers can't cut children slack, it is a disservice to the CHILDREN. But here is why CCA is exceptional. You will be updated by the teacher, spoken to, called, mailed, ask to meet, because the teachers WANT your child to do well. These teachers will love and care for and nourish your children but they will not lower their standards for your children. The work must be done, and I must say the 3 star someone graded them is not showing what I SEE everyday when I pick up my child and we walk home and I'm impressed with the homework she receives everyday. I am in close contact with other parents, and they all sing praises about CCA. Even the staff is top-notch and the principal amazing.

Posted June 23, 2014
Cornerstone has been around for some time in the Southwest Philadelphia community. As I read these comments I am disappointed. I have sent children to this school, and have volunteered at Cornerstone on numerous occasions. The environment is safe and loving, and all of the alumni (including my children) I know from Cornerstone are on successful career paths, and they all give credit back to the school. Myself, along with hundreds of parents, volunteers, and donors support the hard work happening at the school. You can tell that the staff and teachers work hard to provide for the families they serve. Do not let a handful of other peoples bad experiences, dictate your perception of what the school has to offer. I support the school and I know many others do too. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK CORNERSTONE - THE COMMUNITY NEEDS IT!

Cornerstone Christian Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2014
This school is awful, there is no accountability on any level. Incompetence everywhere that may be because of all the nepotism opposed to hiring qualified teachers and support staff. Just awful from top to bottom.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted May 10, 2014
I am a teacher at Cornerstone Christian Academy. While there is certainly room for improvement and growth in all aspects, I have not come across a more devoted group of teachers. I believe every school should seek to improve and enhance their program, while setting. goals for themselves individually and collectively. . I believe a good school encompasses, dedicated, educated, and hardworking staff, faculty, administration, and parents who work together for the sole purpose of giving the students the best experience possible; academically, spiritually, and socially. I train students for life.

Cornerstone Christian Academy 1

Posted August 22, 2013
I believe this school has went downhill tremendously. There are very few good teachers anymore except in the middle school. Many of the lower grade teachers come and go. I believe they hire teachers who are not qualified for the job. I believe that the principal needs A LOT OF TRAINING!!! I am very disappointed in what this school has become and I am currently in the process of looking for another school for my child. It is very hard to get children into good charter schools who entering middle school grades but the first one that gives me the opportunity my child is out of there.

Posted July 18, 2007
I am a parent of a student of Cornerstone who has been there for 6 years. I have found Cornerstone to be a very good school. I do agree that there should be more extracurricular activities for the younger students. I also think that a student should be able to be a part of more than 1 extracurricular activity per school year. Academically my Granddaughter is doing extremely well. I look forward to her having a very productive 2 more years at Cornerstone. However her Terra Nova percentiles/scores have been consistently lower than her school grades and I don't quite understand that. The Head of School, Mr. O and the Assistant Head of School (I think that's her title) Mrs. Black are very good with the children as well as most of the teachers are. Overall, I am satisfied with my Granddaughters educational experience at Cornerstone.

Posted October 20, 2006
So far, the academic programs are great! My son is progressing very well. This school does need to have extra curricular activities for thje younger children, not just for the older ones. As far as parent involvement, I'm not sure.

Cornerstone Christian Academy
Po Box 5520, Philadelphia, PA  19143
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-8