Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Posted August 29, 2014
My children goes to LAB 4th Brown. They can't wait until they can go back to school. My first grader is extra happy. She thinks she goes back to her favorite kindergarten teacher . Laboratory Charter is everything in A school I want for my children.

Laboratory Cs 1

Posted August 28, 2014
I applied for my son with special needs and got no reply from labortory charter. Then I called them and they told me that they will get in touch with me but never did that. I know people personally they accepted their kids because the kids were among the top ten percentile at the old school. Labortoary chater tests and hand picks the best kids therefore their test scores are that good. Such a scam !!!

Laboratory Cs 4

Posted July 24, 2014
Nothing in this life is perfect but ...My daughter is at LCS Woodbine and I couldn't be more pleased with the demanding&challenging work. Her teacher was just Golden! I have been kept in the loop about her progress all year and weaknesses also. She loves her school and likes to feel like she is responsible for her learning in some way. They prepare the students on the same level as private school. I transferred my private school student to LCS so she can get the benefit of private school eduction with out the price tag. They have recess. A strong parent committee. If you want extra curricular thats what weekends are for. As a parent with a college student as well I wish i would have sent her to Lab when she was this age. Its a lot of work but my children are worth it! The Lab test scores and reputation speak for themselves.

Posted April 10, 2014
my school is the Lab Charter 59th and Woodbine. My son is in K1. He was not reading at the start of the school year now he is reading at a third grade level. His teacher is excellent. I am so proud of his progress.

Laboratory Cs 3

Posted March 20, 2014
My son is in 2nd grade , and has been at Lab since K. Lab is very demanding and puts a lot of pressure on the kids. They have about 4 test on testing days, and no recess. A 75 is considered a F at this school. My son is very smart , reads well , and learns French and Spanish. However he has test anxiety , and doesn't like school. I'm not sure if this is the right program for him.

Posted November 26, 2013
Just a wonderful place for young scholars to learn. Blue Ribbon Status and world class teaching.

Laboratory Cs 1

Posted November 23, 2013
My son attended lcs on 4 th and brown until i took him out in 3rd grade. He was having headaches stomachaches etc i listened to him about the harsh treatment of the students and felt this was not the school experience he needed. Yes they are academically great but they run the school like a prison. My son is now 19 and in his 1st year at Penn State. His two best friends who were also taken out of the school also for the same reasons are at georgia and virginia state. This review is for anyone having doubts. Listen to your child! This isn't the only way to help them excel academically! They should like their school and their teachers! Also look up June Brown who was the founder of the school and see what they charged her with and honestly tell me they put your child 1st or is it the $ and test scores that come 1st. If you do a good job people will tell at least one person. If you do a bad job they will tell at least ten people! My honest opinion 10yrs later! anyoo

Posted November 23, 2013
My son attends kindergarten at 59 and woodbine. At first i thought it was too much work for them. This is because we underestimate the ability of our kids. He has improved so much. Great work by the teachers. He is now writing his sentence and doing his homework all by himself.

Posted November 22, 2013
My grandson is in his 3rd year here and I must say He is challenged in areas that I had know Idea a child of his age should be challenged in, I thought this is to disciplined not enough play time, too much homework, to strict ! I am grateful to the teachers who care enough to give there very best! and expect the very best from there students, these kids are brilliant!! And it's because of what it was founded on! Please don't take away our children's dreams by closing LAB CHARTER @59TH & WOODBINE AVE. SINCERELY MRS.J LISTER

Posted October 08, 2013
My son just started Kindergarten here in September and I could not pick a better school. There are tonssss of homework and as a single mother,there's a LOT to do. I also have a daughter that I hope can get into the Lab next year so I am not sure how I am going to do it. But as hard as it is, I see the progress. The school is really strict and there is so much homework, there really isn't much free study time. But, I won't have it any other way. As a parent, you have to stay on top of this else it will overwhelm you. But if you are committed, you will see unbelievable results. I am seeing those already and he just started. The teacher responds to text messages if I have any questions and I have absolutely no complaints!

Laboratory Cs
800 North Orianna St, Philadelphia, PA  19123
Last modified Laboratory Cs is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laboratory Cs Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top