PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Al-Aqsa Islamic Academy was a very important aspect of my life which helped me grow and develop into a young Muslim woman. My experience there as a former student, is one to cherish and remember. It is a great memory as it was an Islamic environment with loving, caring, and nurturing friends, teachers and staff. I'd highly recommend it because there are wonderful teachers here who are very supportive for the students.

Well, this school is overall okay. I like t. Some don't. I'm in the 7th grade and all the teachers upstairs are wonderful. They are kind and polite - and they care about your grades. Mrs. Sundus is the best There. But sometimes the kids Do inappropriate stuff and just get detention - like one 3rd grader got pushed down a lot of stairs. . And the girl only got detention for making the other girl sprain her ankle. The teaching process is good and there are cameras there too I love My school. -Hamida, 7th grade

Our school has three goals: help children have a close relationship with their Creator, be a success in academics and to be confident and comfortable with themselves. We treat our students with respect and encouragement. Our children then go on to colleges such as the U of Penn., Fordham U., Penn State, Temple, CCP to name a few.

Great school. I recommend this school for any Muslim k-12 :] Alhamdoulilah for in Pa there is a lack of Islamic schools.

My son attends Al Aqsa Islamic , While I appreciate the schools effort for this school to have been established in 1996 I feel that the overal administrative aspect of the school could improve. There are excellent teachers that I have encountered within the school, namely Ms Sakinah, Ms Halimah, Ms Benita to Name the very few. Many of the arab teachers and staff are extremely rude, and yell at the children instead of practicing sabr and gentleness. In addition, the students are unruly and unstructured. I appreciate Al.Aqsa providing the community with and Islamic education, but.for a.private education which parents are paying for I hope to see many improvements in the future inshaAllaah

My daughter graduated from Al-Aqsa in 2007 and will graduate from Temple Univ. this year 2011. She's in the process of applying to graduate sch. In reading some of the other reviews, no, my daughter did not get the chance to participate in any extra curricular activities there. I made sure though that she had the after school activities and tutorials she needed. Yes, Al-Aqsa gave her the academic foundation and the islamic moral support she needed to strive for future independence. You see, if you the parent/student put nothing in to the academic support of the teachers, and this is anywhere you go, you will get nothing. On the other hand, if you put more into the support of the teacher/administration, your child will be well paid in his/her success. Stop complaining and go to work. Any situation is what you make it. Help fix whatever you think is wrong.

I am a parent of an elemantary school aged child, and I am appalled at some of the statements that disgruntled parents have made. For all of the parents that have complaints, are you of those parents that never show up for parent-teacher conferences? Are you one of the parents of the kids that cause disruption in class and can't seem to stay out of detention? Are you one of the parents that instead of support the teachers and administrative staff, seek to make their job more difficult? I have had nothing but positive experiences from this institution. Compared to other private schools, the tuition is reasonable. If a parent is involved in the educational process of their child/ren, they will have a positive experience at this school.

My daughter is a former student at Al-Aqsa. The tuition is way too high for the sub-par education, the unqualified staff, and unruly students. I'm not allowed to say exactly what is allowed to go on between the students in this school, but I can say that it isn't something you would expect to happen in a school - let alone an Islamic school. You would do better to homeschool or send your children to public school for academics, and teach them about Islam at home.

i am a new parent at the school. i am very disappointed with the some of the teachers for the upper grades. they say that they are muslim but they lack good charter. they have teachers that are rude and disrespectful to paying parents and children. i can go on and on about the poor behavior of the staff. i am moving my children back to public or charter. ****To think I rather have a non-Muslim teach my children then some of these Muslims*****

I am a proud parent of this school. My kids a are to be attend the school and look forward to coming to school every day. Jakkai

Last modified Al Aqsa Islamic Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12