Philadelphia, PA

Posted March 09, 2015
My daughter has attended Calvary Christian Academy for 10+ years. Since I was a single mom for 8 of these years I did not have much time to volunteer. Yet I have never been mistreated by anyone on staff here. The couple times that I challenged a decision I did so with respect and was treated, in return, with respect. I am not in with the 'in' crowd and if there is one I haven't noticed or been treated wrong by parents or students that are clicky! I think it is more important to learn and be taught to be secure in the LORD. I would not send my daughter to a school without a dress code and without no public signs of affection, afterall, the average age for sex at most schools is 13 or 14. Ouch! Money should not be an object if it is Gods will for you to have your child in this school then HE will provide. If money is too much of an issue then maybe it isn't HIS will. I lived on an extremely modest income and kept her here without scholarships so 'yes' it is possible. It depends on whats important to you. Is it home improvement, designer clothes, new car or God in your childs education. The awesome part is God lets us choice.

Calvary Christian Academy 3

Posted November 10, 2014
My daughter has attended.for over 2 years now. I put her in CCA for safety and for support. She has been safe but the academics are lacking. The school staff is also lacking. Very disappointing. For all the money you are spending plus this is my home church, I expected more. This will be her last year here. Moving on to a better fit.

Posted November 07, 2014
I've been attending this school for twelve years now, and it is an amazing school hands down. From the time I was in kindergarten I've had nothing but incredible experiences with my walk with The Lord and my teachers and friends. NO I am not in the "cool crowd" and I still have nothing bad to say about it. The students and teachers there are incredible and I hate hearing some of these bad reviews. Notice these are the parent's opinion and NOT the students. Many times I find that the kids who do say they hate the school is because Calvary has rules about dress codes and PDA (public display of affection). They CONTINUOUSLY refuse to listen and get disciplined for it. Is that not what you want for your child? Discipline when rules are broken? I believe with my whole heart that this school is incredible. I love every teacher I've ever had in the past twelve years. Ps. Do you really think that other schools don't have cliques? Just because a child isn't in a certain clique doesn't mean that they won't have friends. At least there are livig and kind teachers and faculty. This school is my everything and I thank them for all they have done in my life.

Calvary Christian Academy 2

Posted September 02, 2014
Don't trust these reviews they delete some of them if they are not to their liking. There are cliques at this school and everywhere you go in life. I was sending my son here and he was a top scoring student with no recognition whatsoever. Your child will get noticed if you volunteer all day or are in with the clique. Some people will just stare at you when you say hello and the worst part is many of them work at the school. I am writing this in hopes of them fixing these problems and being more friendly and practicing what they preach. What if someone that is on the edge of becoming a believer sends their child here and this is their first experience they may no longer want to follow the Bible. If you send your kids here be an example and love other human beings and be friendly instead of forming cliques.

Posted August 07, 2014
Enter at your own risk. Poor leadership. Specifically the Vice Principal. Academically weak. Expensive lunch. We gave them 2 years to get it together... Moving on!

Calvary Christian Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2014
Calvary Christian Academy has excellent disciplinary structure. Their academics fail short of preparing a graduate for college. I know of 3 graduates that had a very difficult time adjusting to the college studies and felt behind as compared to their classmates. The children, generally are great kids and their parent are very involved in their school and outside activities. I felt that it was important to send my son to Calvary in an effort to assist me in teaching him how to be a God honoring respectable man, which I am glad to say, they did a great job. As for the academics, I continued his education at home during the summer to help him stay on target and possible ahead of peers in other schools in his grade. The teacher, are wonderful. Yes, they can, at times be judgmental, but are not beyond accepting that their comments were unacceptable if it made you feel... uncomfortable. I have experienced all of this and more. Overall, Calvary is a good school. Teaches morals where I feel as if, that part of the education portion is just not enforced outside the home in many schools. It was worth my investment.

Posted June 01, 2014
We sent our daughter to this school because we wanted her to have good Bible teaching, academics and personal safety. We also wanted her in a school environment that does not tolerate students who use alcohol, drugs, and profanity. Calvary expels such students, and parents then usually find a way to blame the school in some way (hence, the negative reviews on this website). There are no cliques, just people who don't know how to make friends, and it's easier to blame others for that than to accept personal responsibility. My daughter was there for all of her elementary and high school years, and loved it. She even went on to Calvary Bible College, and is now a volunteer leader in the youth church ministries at Calvary Chapel. It's easy for parents to blame Calvary Christian Academy for their own failures in raising their kids at home. CCA can only do so much.

Posted April 27, 2014
Cold hearted principal and school leaders, judgemental of all especially those not in the click and church (unlike the principles they say they preach to their students)....extremely weak academically. Their special educational program is a joke...more like a pay to pass program where students are housed and contained rather than educated unless you consider reviewing the same exact material year after year. There is nothing truly christian about this school so do yourself and family a favor and seek alternative Christian school placement.

Posted March 14, 2014
I can't wait for the school year to end... Taking my child out! The teachers are partial. I'm white and I don't like how they treat the (few) African-American students. No love! The vice principle is mean and sneaky. The principal is not a good leader. The lunch is extremely expensive. Academically weak!

Posted February 05, 2014
(I am a current student at CCA) this school is amazing! I can say for myself that there are now cliques in the individual grades.when I was talking with my friends they agreed with me. I am not popular now do I wish to be. I am just a quiet person and people still accept me and talk to me all the time! That is the awesome hung about Calvary there is a great bond between the students and staff,. I love my teachers they are all very kind and helpful. Of course like any schools there are good and bad things but I personally believe there are maaaaany more good things than bad. I went to a school before CCA and now I would never want to leave here. The education is great, and the extracurricular activities are amazing! They have just about any sport you can imagine and a lot of other things like drama, and mentoring. They faculty promote God and his standards and have such a great testimony .

Calvary Christian Academy
13500 Philmont Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19116
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top