PK-3|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

There is a zero tolerance for bullying at the school

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Woodbine are the best they work with each child individually and in group to get everyone to the levels where they need to be and beyond

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is given to reinforce what is learned in class that day and to review other days

This is a great little school and I definitely feel like I am getting my money's worth. The classes are very small ( at most 13 children) and each child is given extra attention. Music classes are at the prestigious Settlement Music School and Gym is at the Haverford YMCA, both of which are included with tuition.

This school is a very good fit for my child. He struggled in a charter school with the large class size. At this school the classes are small and he received individualized help. He made new friends that didn't bully him. He's happy and enjoys going to school now. I feel that he's in a safe environment when I drop him off. We are very excited for the new school year to start. He's excited to be going to the 3rd grade.

It seems there are multiple issues coming up, as I've begun looking other places as well. I heard ITB School of Sustainability down the street was really nice, may check them out. Other than that I just hope that everyone goes thru the proper procedures in selecting a good caring environment for your child as I've done for mine.

I have two children that attend this school and I really like it. I have one child in kindergarten and my other is in second grade. My sister also has my nephew in this school. My kids seem to really enjoy coming to school. I don't quite understand some of the negative reviews given. The school is $6,200 a year. I get some financial aide but my sister only has to pay $10.00 a week because of this CCIS money that this school accepts. So her son attends a good private school for practically nothing. Just like some of the other reviews from parents, my sister constantly complains about fees. Seriously $10.00 a week! I also have a daughter in middle school attending a very expensive private school that costs over $30,000 a year. How does that tuition even compare to Woodbine Academy's tuition? What I have come to realize is that a few of the very critical reviews along with my complaining sister, are most likely parents who can't afford to have their kids in a private school and who don't understand what a private school is about. After graduating from Woodbine Academy my daughter was accepted to schools such as Masterman and Gamp. I'd like the same thing for my other two kids.

Woodbine Acadamy is the worst school in Phila. I'm sure it will be closed soon Let's start with the owner Whitfield very unprofessional and rude.She doesn't know how to speak to the parents and student appropriately.My child is allergic to eggs and the school is aware of it but they still allowed him to eat cupcake which contains eggs.When I discovered this occurred she had the audacity to tell me I should have taught him to not eat eggs and it was his responsibility.Then the following day pulled my 5 year old out in front of other and repeated "DO NOT EAT EGGS" 7x They are ridiculous.To add insult to injury they won't even allow you to have meds in case of emergency.There is also a teacher who handles the kids in a hostile and military type of way to keep the children in check, but acts differently when parents are present. You don't have to yell at children to get then to listen to you.Woodbine is such a pity school they even gave my kid a C b/c we didn't attend a music event we had to pay for.The Kindergarden teacher is the only one that's nice. I was there for 2 years unfortunately and it was a NIGHTMARE. We're so glad we left, my son is at a FRIENDS school and it's amazing.

Woodbine Academy is an excellent school. All the people below giving poor reviews must be parents who faced hardships due to their lack of responsibility/seriousness/determination with this school. I am a student of J R Masterman, on my way to college and I would not be in the shape that I am in today without the founding steps of Woodbine. It was a nurturing and warming environment. You must be committed and ready to be on top of your work and take your education seriously. Obviously, those bitter about this school missed that memo. I loved Woodbine Academy, as they have molded me into a scholar who is bound to do great things.

Excellent staff, excellent environment where education is not taken lightly. All the parents with there woeful reviews below were just too irresponsible to grasp that and we're expecting a walk in the park. I love the education woodbine has given my child. Thank you!

Last modified Woodbine Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-3