Public charter
Philadelphia, PA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 24, 2013
I am currently in 7th grade at CCCS. I have been in this school since Kindergarten. I am already starting to be sad that I will need to move on for high school. I have had amazing teachers and support during my years here. I feel lucky to be a part of this school. I hope to come back visit when I move on to high school.

Posted October 24, 2013
I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher working for the school. Immediately, I was embraced by the administration and faculty. I served as a substitute teacher and eventually landed a fulltime position. The teacher turnover rate is very seldom, so I immediately accepted the position and have never looked back. I have been teaching at CCCS for several years. The administration is beyond supportive and caring. The staff, faculty, parents, and students are like one big happy family. The members of the school encourage parental involvement through yearly events, such as annual Basket Bingo, Penny Party, and holiday and spring concerts. We organize school projects for the students and local community, such as the Philabundance food drive, Red Cross Relief funds, St. Jude Research Hospital, Pennies for Patients Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Alex s Lemonade Stand, and volunteer at our local senior center. All members of the school are active stakeholders that contribute in their very own way.

Posted October 24, 2013
I have worked at several schools in my teaching career starting in the Harrisburg area and eventually working here in the Philadelphia area. I LOVE IT. I couldn't ask for a more warm and inviting environment. I appreciate being able to have the time and resources to get into the things kinds love most and explore new worlds through the Literature, Math, Science and Social Studies! I think our program is 1st rate! I think the testament for me is the number of students who come back after they graduate and say those two words that help us know we helped them grow into the amazing people we believed them to be! "THANK YOU" is all the reward I need for the hard work. We appreciate the support of students, family, and staff to make this place the special place that it is.

Posted October 24, 2013
I'm very proud to work at CCCS. The children are a joy to work with. Our school works very hard to instill good citizenship, and it shows when kids walk in my room. Our teachers work together to communicate and create the best possible school experience we can for our students.

Posted October 10, 2013
My daughter just started at CCCS this year (5th Grade) and wow what a difference already! She has adjusted better and faster than I thought she would. I couldn't be happier with my decision to move her from public to charter and CCCS in particular.

Posted September 27, 2013
CCCS is an amazing school. OUr children are in 7th and 6th grades and have been in CCCS since Kindergarten. The administration, faculty and staff truly care about the well being of the students. We have never regretted our choice to send our children to this school. We wish that the school had an associated high school and will truly miss the CCCS family when our children move on.

Posted September 27, 2013
CCCS is fantastic educational institution. Their teachers are high qualified. They have various teaching styles and meet the needs of their students through differentiation. The administration is very approachable and care deeply about the children who attend there. I am proud to be a parent of a CCCS student.

Posted September 26, 2013
I'm a proud patent of two boys at CCCS. CCCS has excellent teachers and administrative staff who care deeply about the children at the school. There are lots of different ways for parents to get involved in school activities, even for those parents who work full time outside of the home. My kids are getting an excellent education at CCCS and they are at the top of their class academically and socially. I feel blessed to have my kids enrolled in such a great school in the city of Philadelphia.

Posted September 26, 2013
We have been very fortunate to have found this school for our son. He did not start at CCCS but he transferred there several years ago and I witnessed a different approach to his studies in a very brief time. The teachers sparked a new interest in his academics and as a result he is always brimming with new ideas. We have had discussions with teachers and staff and they are always ready to advise us on matters pertaining to our son. There has never been a time when someone is too busy to respond. During these very difficult times for the school system in Philly, the choice to send our son to CCCS was a most opportune event for our family.

Posted September 26, 2013
I've been at CCCS for eight years and I've never been unhappy with it. I think it is a safe learning environment and I love it. I know that it is an excellent school and I am a student and I can say that there is really nothing about it that is bad or anything. Every single year I've been there it has gotten better and better and I know it will keep getting better even after I graduate. The teachers and the staff are highly trained and are very capable of teaching the students. I know since it's such a great school that many kids want to go here and I'm very lucky and happy I do.

Christopher Columbus CS
South Building / North Building, Philadelphia, PA  19147
Last modified Christopher Columbus CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Christopher Columbus CS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top