Bad
Good

If asked 1 year ago how I would rate CCCS, I'd have said 10 stars. My daughter has been a student for the past 5 years and has loved every second, as have I. This year my 6-year-old son who is yet to be diagnosed with Autism (It's so slight we haven't even been diagnosed at this point) was set to start K at CCCS. After giving preliminary testing and spending less than 1/2 hour observing him in a classroom setting, I was told that if I INSISTED on sending him to the same school his sister attends, they will accommodate him. Otherwise, they gave me the contact info for my local school (not even the correct school) and was sent on my way. Imagine giving up on a 6-year-old. That's what happened to me. This is a wonderful school if, AND ONLY IF, your child presents no out of the ordinary obstacles for the school. Now I get to attempt to organize two kids who have to attend two different schools and ALREADY start thinking about what I'll do with my 8-month-old because I'm COMPLETELY turned off by CCCS. Heartbroken, really.

CCCS is amazing school ! Our kids are at 5th and 4th grades and they loved and proud attend at CCCS. The teachers and staff are great and nice. The educational is great than other school in South Philadelphia. We are blessed to be a parent of a CCCS students.

I am currently in 7th grade at CCCS. I have been in this school since Kindergarten. I am already starting to be sad that I will need to move on for high school. I have had amazing teachers and support during my years here. I feel lucky to be a part of this school. I hope to come back visit when I move on to high school.

I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher working for the school. Immediately, I was embraced by the administration and faculty. I served as a substitute teacher and eventually landed a fulltime position. The teacher turnover rate is very seldom, so I immediately accepted the position and have never looked back. I have been teaching at CCCS for several years. The administration is beyond supportive and caring. The staff, faculty, parents, and students are like one big happy family. The members of the school encourage parental involvement through yearly events, such as annual Basket Bingo, Penny Party, and holiday and spring concerts. We organize school projects for the students and local community, such as the Philabundance food drive, Red Cross Relief funds, St. Jude Research Hospital, Pennies for Patients Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Alex s Lemonade Stand, and volunteer at our local senior center. All members of the school are active stakeholders that contribute in their very own way.

I have worked at several schools in my teaching career starting in the Harrisburg area and eventually working here in the Philadelphia area. I LOVE IT. I couldn't ask for a more warm and inviting environment. I appreciate being able to have the time and resources to get into the things kinds love most and explore new worlds through the Literature, Math, Science and Social Studies! I think our program is 1st rate! I think the testament for me is the number of students who come back after they graduate and say those two words that help us know we helped them grow into the amazing people we believed them to be! "THANK YOU" is all the reward I need for the hard work. We appreciate the support of students, family, and staff to make this place the special place that it is.

I'm very proud to work at CCCS. The children are a joy to work with. Our school works very hard to instill good citizenship, and it shows when kids walk in my room. Our teachers work together to communicate and create the best possible school experience we can for our students.

My daughter just started at CCCS this year (5th Grade) and wow what a difference already! She has adjusted better and faster than I thought she would. I couldn't be happier with my decision to move her from public to charter and CCCS in particular.

CCCS is an amazing school. OUr children are in 7th and 6th grades and have been in CCCS since Kindergarten. The administration, faculty and staff truly care about the well being of the students. We have never regretted our choice to send our children to this school. We wish that the school had an associated high school and will truly miss the CCCS family when our children move on.

CCCS is fantastic educational institution. Their teachers are high qualified. They have various teaching styles and meet the needs of their students through differentiation. The administration is very approachable and care deeply about the children who attend there. I am proud to be a parent of a CCCS student.

I'm a proud patent of two boys at CCCS. CCCS has excellent teachers and administrative staff who care deeply about the children at the school. There are lots of different ways for parents to get involved in school activities, even for those parents who work full time outside of the home. My kids are getting an excellent education at CCCS and they are at the top of their class academically and socially. I feel blessed to have my kids enrolled in such a great school in the city of Philadelphia.

Last modified Christopher Columbus CS is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.