Public charter
Philadelphia, PA

Charter High School For Architecture And Design 4

Posted February 27, 2014
I graduated from CHAD a year ago and I have to say that it was a fantastic experience in most aspects. The Design teachers knew exactly what they were doing and they helped me prepare for my future in more ways than one. The only reason that I can't give this school 5 stars is because CHAD accepts mainly anyone. They barely care about any interest in art and design...they just want to fill their classrooms. Of course, you do have the occasional few kids that actually want to learn more about architecture and design (such as myself). Otherwise, however, the school was pretty fantastic. I am currently enrolled in college trying to obtain my bachelor's degree in Architecture and I am very glad that CHAD helped me gain such a good amount of experience to help me get ahead of the other students in my current classes from the start. Highly recommended ONLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN DESIGN.

Charter High School For Architecture And Design 4

Posted December 22, 2013
CHAD is a good school for kids who are really interested in art . there are A LOT of talented artist and designers. im in 11th grade and i really enjoy going to chad. in 9th grade the teachers are pretty strict with rules and uniforms but after that they lighten up a bit.if you aren't serious about architecture or design i wouldn't recommend chad. the students are also very inviting . they accept everyone.

Posted August 04, 2013
Chad is a great school and everyone is like family there. It show me a lots of open doors

Posted June 14, 2012
Well I heard that this was a excellent school my daughter teacher told me about it in fact I'm on my way now to drop off the application

Charter High School For Architecture And Design 2

Posted March 06, 2011
As a freshman student at CHAD I frankly dislike the way the 9th grade teachers speak to us ( the student) I dislike how we don't get to socialize with other grades and how the grades are segregated by floors. Chad focuses more on disciplining kids and those like me that are doing as told are deprived of our education. There is no diversity, therefore that means no new ideas and fresh thinking. A lot of students in my grade have already transferred or are looking into it including me. However when I talk to the upper classmen they say how they like CHAD and think it is fun. Therefore it may just be the new 9th Grade Academy on the third floor, that was just put into action this year that's failing miserably. The core subjects are a review and review over and over again of last years work there is just no challenge. Although having Charter High school for Architecture and Design looks good on a resume and college application, I think my education and learning experience is much, much more important.

Charter High School For Architecture And Design 0

Posted April 13, 2010
I when there with my son for the second part of enrollment and I thought the school was great for what I was looking for my son with learning needs.

Posted February 24, 2010
I student taught at this high school in their design department; when I first came to CHAD, I was a bit disheartened by my first impression. There were renovations being made, and the classrooms were not your typical art/design classrooms. However, once I met the staff and students, I changed my mind immediately. The students are thoughtful and intelligent, and while only part of them are truly there for design, they are all there because they want to take advantage of a better education than what they would be getting elsewhere. I was impressed by the caliber of student there. In addition, the teachers at CHAD were personable and greatly cared about their students; weekly staff meetings, house meetings and department meetings assured that teachers communicated and provided the best possible atmosphere for their students. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a great education.

Charter High School For Architecture And Design 0

Posted October 20, 2009
School seeks only the best and brightest. Any child struggling to keep up will not have a good experience at CHAD. The school seems to weed out those students whether they are discipline problems or not. The Administration seems to be concerned more with their reputation than the individual student.

Posted July 01, 2009

Posted January 27, 2009

Charter High School For Architecture And Design
105 South 7th St, Philadelphia, PA  19106
Last modified Charter High School For Architecture And Design is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter High School For Architecture And Design Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top