Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If this school were honest, fair, and had integrity, they would have corrected there mistake of mishandling my application instead having me reapply just to give me the runaround.

I don't really have too much to say but don't send your child here unless you want he/she to get straight A's just because. Before going here my child struggled with math and other classes but while attendeing here she out of the blue became a straight A student. I've never seen her do homework only maybe 2 projects out of the entire school year. She was sent home with a textbook that was never used (I found that to be very odd), she never had gym or a second language class (8th grade) and her honor grades were never acknowledged. My child also told me herself that she's not being challenged and don't feel like she's learning anything.

Parent of currently enrolled elementary student. In assessing the quality of education and overall learning environment , I would give this so-called school a F. A huge red flag went up when my child was first enrolled and I discovered there is no recess. There is no physical activity or play area of any kind for young children to burn off energy or develop their socialization skills. My child is currently attending as a third grader and I have never received a graded test paper or any other measure of proof that my child is learning anything or being challenged. You would think a school with Math & Science in the title of its name an emphasis would be placed on these two disciplines sadly they are the furthest of the two most critical subject matter of academia that are emphasized . The teachers I have had to deal with from first grade to third grade are very inexperienced dealing with children and are either too incompetent or lazy to stimulate and challenge their young minds at this early learning stage. Worksheets are sent home as homework which wouldn't be so bad if it was tailored to the subject matter of the classwork. This poor excuse for homework they send home is just busy work it does not reinforce anything that was taught during school. A glorified day care is the best I can describe this place. Ms. Joyner and her band of cronies are hustling the state and the poor parents who believe their children are receiving a quality education. They have sold out the children for a check.

do not send your kids to this school! this school is for kids that are not interested in learning at all but wants straight A's. Ms.Joyner doesn't allow the teachers to give any grade below a C, even if they completely failed.!!! So basically good behavior gets you straight A's !!! which shouldn't be the case I feel as though kids should work and actually earn their grades and not just have grades handed to them! Before going there I was always an all A B student but when I started going there all of a sudden im getting straight A's in subjects that I know darn well I never did work nor homework. One trimester I decided to do an experiment, and not do any work at all and fail test on purpose and I still ended up with straight A's. I think this school should be on the list of schools to be closed and have another school getting the funds that actually have kids that are willing to work for their grades !!!!!

The teachers are not certified/qualified teachers. Some of them are former students. Others may have attended college but no degree obtained. Therefore, they can not teach anywhere else. And the computer science teacher went to MCSCS to service a computer and was offered a job (suspect?) No gym, no recess One good thing I can truly say about MCSCS, my children know the names of every president in American History.

May not be the best program for first graders, there is no recess or gym. The expectations were not realistic for first graders that do not have recess or gym. You cannot expect first graders to sit down all day without a physical activity and behave well. First graders need physical activity. As a parent, I thought not having gym or recess would be so problematic, but it is.

I think Mcscs is a good school if you don't feel like being involved and just want your child to get an easy A. My daughter has been in this school since 1st grade and she is now in 5th. she has never asked me for help with homework and shes been getting straight A's maybe a B or 2 since she started.The work is waaayyyyyyy too easy and the kids are not being challenged academically.I never heard that a child can't get lower than a C.If thats what a child deserves then so be it.She brags about 99% of kids that goes to her school goes to college BUT do they get through?NO! WHY? Because she doesn't prepare them to succeed.She just want to make her school look good.Yes the discipline is on point but thats not the only thing a child needs.Where does the education come in at in this school? Furthermore this school doesnt have gym or recess which is ridiculous!!! If youre looking for a school that academically challenges your child ,I do not recommend this school.Do not set your child up for failure! To conclude i believe this shouldve been one of the schools that they closed down.Yes its that deep!!!!!!!!

I am an alumni of MCSCS, I've attended this school from 5th-12th. Grades 5th - 7th I've actually learned something and was able to understand the teachings. It was my later years where the struggle began. The grading methods is VERY POOR! NO child can fail, NO child receives less than a C, regardless if you actually work or not. Throughout my years of attendance, many teachers have tried to encourage me to attend another school. Regretfully, I stayed thinking it was a "Easy A", not realizing I was cheating myself of my very own education. There are plenty of Alumni's who came back for tutoring because they could barely READ! I would recommend this for grades K-4, any grades higher than that, RUN! Education is VERY important, and for the school to be so strict.. most of the teachers aren't qualified teachers. -_-

I am a parent of a current student at MCSCS. I must admit I was a lot more confident in this school during the earlier grades. However now I am starting to doubt the grading system and the lack of technology in the classrooms. A write and wipe board as the only means of teaching? and lets not forget the worksheets of course. My child brought home a text book that was very old and out of date. Ummm........ a little behind the times. My child complains that she can not concentrate in class because the students are misbehaving and the teacher has to constantly stop to correct them. Im not crazy about the idea that she has spent years without recess and there is no curriculum for gym, which is a requirement. Over all I do think it is better than a neighborhood school. However now that she is older I am going to transfer her to a school with better technology, gym equipment, foreign language, updated books, and a more rigorous academic component.

I used to be a student at this school from the 3rd-10th grade. One thing I can say is if I didn't attend mcscs I would NOT have had the academic skills I needed to succeed in life. I don't know what the other parents leaving reviews for this school are talking about, but I am one of those students who received straights A's but it's because I deserved them. I scored advanced on every pssa, Tera nova and any other state exam and when I transferred to my local public school in the 10th grade, I was way ahead of anyone on my grade and in grades ahead of me. I would only advise this school to get some sort of gym program because it raises health awareness; I joined basketball to fill that void. If your child attends MCSCS and isn't succeeding, my guess is that your child is the problem and maybe public schools would be best!!!

Last modified Math Civics And Sciences Cs is a Charter school that serves grades 1-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.