Germantown Settlement Charter School 5

Posted April 21, 2011
I live in France, My name is Isabelle SALASC, I knew an Amy SMITH in 1982 who lived 5355 Knox street and I am looking for her I wonder if she was in your school in 1982. Can you please help me in my search.

Posted July 02, 2009
I am a parent of 2 children how attended GSCS for 2 years. Within thos 2 years there were alot of ups and downs in the school. It began with the teachers leaving, then the principal left and everything was left in shambles. The teachers at the time were running everything. I will say that the teachers that my 2 children had were veryyyy good teachers they cared about their education. Especially my son's teachers. He is a graduate of GSCS and they really made sure that he was prepared for what is to come in high school. It's sad to see that the teachers had to be put through the closing of the school because of what seemed to me to be a lack of a good administration in the school.

Posted January 14, 2009
This school was fun because of all the student that was there, and some of the teachers. This school has a lot of ups and downs.

Germantown Settlement Charter School 1

Posted January 09, 2009

Posted November 16, 2008
This is my child's first year at this school and I agree with the parent below. This is the WORSE school ever. The teachers let the students run the school and the adults are not respected. Since the announcement of the school closing the teachers are leaving and no substitute teachers want to come in to help the students because of their rude disrespectful behavior. I am looking now to put my child in another school soon as possible. The principle does not care also, leave messages he never returns phone calls. Next step is to Home School my child this way I know she will learn.

Posted October 24, 2008
Its sad to say....this school is deplorable. The staff there is very unprofessional. Not condoning the fact that the kids are disrespectful to some staff, but I can understand why. The PSSA scores are still low and the school is allegedly closing. There is no need to hold on, they need to just close. The principal gave his welcoming announcement via monitors in each of the classrooms. It would have been nice to see him in person. Parents could have sat in the lunchroom. I don't want to take up too much space with this, but if anyone has a child that goes there, take them out soon

Germantown Settlement Charter School 2

Posted May 17, 2008
When my daughter started here in Sept of 2005, it was great! Every year it has taken a turn for the worse. The majority of the school is below average and they dont have any plans for those students at or above...its sickening! I was going to send her to another school this year but someone from the school called me over the summer to tell me how much different this campus is which is bull! i cannot wait for next year so my daughter can finally be finished with GSCS (unless of course they close b4 hand!) The best thing right now is some of the teachers and the after school programs. no curriculum, no structure, no lockers and the principal is horrible! (he's only been the 3rd principal in 3 years!)

Germantown Settlement Charter School 3

Posted March 28, 2008

Germantown Settlement Charter School 3

Posted January 25, 2008
This school has had some up's and down's but this year the school has made a big improvement!

Posted December 26, 2007
My child attends the Chelton Campus. The support system from the teachers and administrators are excellent. Their is just way to many children with behavior problems.

Germantown Settlement Charter School
4811 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA  19144
Last modified Germantown Settlement Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8
Germantown Settlement Charter School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.