319 students|Wakisha Cs

Bad
Good

Too many students assigned to a room(30). They lied about school curriculum(Spanish was to be available from grades 6 to 8) Staff, including principal, doesn't return calls. High turn over in teachers. Teachers actually quit during the school year, and aren't permanently replaced. I'm currently waiting for my daughter to be called to attended another charter school.

This is not a good school! My daughter is in the 6th grade and I do not want her to attend another year. This school does not comply with parents request to help there children. I have met with the principal on many occasion to help my daughter it has been 3 months and the school has not done anything. This school has no order and the students are out of control and I have seen them with my own eyes that the faculty has no control over them when my daughter told me about this in December I told the principal and now it is June and nothing has changed. I advise all parents if you want your child to go to a good school Wakisha charter school on 9th & Jefferson street is not it. Do not send your child to this school because the faculty can not teach them and give them order. This is not a good school they lied about what they have to offer.

I wouldn't refer this school to anyone. My child attended last year and an 8th grade teacher would never respond to any notes sent. Another 8th grade teacher thought they were the same age as the kids. How are the children supposed to get an education there with adults like that.

I've attended Wakisha for 3 years, and currently I'm in High School. Wakisha is a good school when it comes to academics, the teachers and staff are great as well. It's the students that cause problems. When I was student at Wakisha my first year was a wonderful year, but then the next year came and people began taunting me for wanting to learn. By 8th grade, things started to get a little better and I made some friends. But Overall Waskisha is a great school. My advice for any current students or any soon to be students is to block out all of the nonsense and focus on the learning experience. Before this school, I didn't know so much about African American History. Please, I hope this school prepares you the same way it prepared me.

My four children attended and graduated from Wakisha it was a very good school and two of my children are in college and i have two more that are about to graduate and leave for college. Thank you Wakisha. The Cash family

I have been attending wakisha for 3 years and i have seen other students come and go.wakisha is an excellent school academicaly but no socailly our community wise. the school is in bad condition but they are movin to a new building in january.the grading system is ridiculous. A 70 is a F. Plus, they do not have any extra cirricular activities. I will be graduating this year and i do not reccomand this school to any one that isnt all about grades.

The principal and her minions are horrible. This is the most unorganized school I've ever come across. No order, no communication, no principal until about 11 a.m. The children hardly know her. And then there is the troll who does the morning announcements-and that is it. Dr. Brawner, don't you do anything else all day except sit on your behind? Why can't you ever substitute? You, Jan, and Elbert totally suck

This school is horrible and it is not teaching my daughter anything. She complains all the time about the students and the teachers. This school needs a real upgrade with their staff.

Wakisha Charter School has an excellent academic curriculum. This curriculum also includes 3 years of spanish. I enjoy the faculties committment to helping the children at the school as well as keeping the parents up to date with student progress.

My name is Anthony Braxton and i attended WCS for two years. Wakisha gave me a great learning experience. The work was extremly challenging, but you need to apply yourself to succeed in that school because the teachers are strict some students and parents would say they are 'mean' but that is not true Wakisha is (for lack of a better word! lol!) the school that getts it jumpin! Im out Class of 2009!!!

Last modified Wakisha Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8